Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  153
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2021 Western Bulldogs Membership Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Funny, I got mine a few weeks ago, but my wife's and daughters nowhere to be seen.
    I hope you find you wives (how many do you have?) and daughters soon BAD.

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    After asking about where my membership card was earlier in the week, I received the same information.
    I fully paid my membership in early/mid November
    It won't quite be the same by rocking up to the games with a paper membership card but 'times are a changin'
    Won't membership cards, be they plastic or paper, be superfluous this year anyway given you have to book a seat every game? All that is required is the barcode which we have been provided.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Won't membership cards, be they plastic or paper, be superfluous this year anyway given you have to book a seat every game? All that is required is the barcode which we have been provided.
    For home games I'm in a function room so I wonder if there are any changes to the previous arrangements
    I really haven't heard enough yet to know what the requirements are

We will probably find out on Tuesday evening
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    This is (insert expletive here) poor ... This shouldn't be allowed to happen. We have enough manufacturers and graphic designers and printers in Australia that can do this job. The fact that we bulk our orders with other Victorian clubs is also crap.

Poor form ... do better for your members.

As a member, I should not be having to explain that Santa didn't forget the Bulldog membership pack and that his elves are still making it (or some other made up story) just so the club can save $8.50 per member by outsourcing the packs overseas.

NOT HAPPY JAN

Rant over
    It is frustrating but at least they have emailed us in regards to what is going on but yes I see your point for sure Scraggers.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

An Essendon work colleague has brought in her membership card that she ordered a bit over a month ago

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    For home games I'm in a function room so I wonder if there are any changes to the previous arrangements
    I really haven't heard enough yet to know what the requirements are

We will probably find out on Tuesday evening
    True. Same goes for us Social Club members I suppose.

At least the paper membership card will be easy to tear up when we lose. Just print it out again and repeat the next time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    It is frustrating but at least they have emailed us in regards to what is going on but yes I see your point for sure Scraggers.
    Its more than frustrating when you are living so far from the team. My son doesn't get to go to the footy like his mates do. He doesn't get to go to footy clinics on the holidays. He can't lean over the fence and get an autograph from his footy hero. The only connection he has with the club is the membership pack and the games on TV. Every game we watch together, he gets all dressed up in his jumper and hat and scarf, sits on the couch with me and screams at the TV. The one item he treasures the most is the membership card on the lanyard. It sits on a hook in his bedroom and only comes out on game day.

The email they sent was the least they could do ... the very least. the club employs communication officers; use them. Communicate with your members, especially the junior members. I could give two hoots about the package, I don't need the stickers or magnetic fixture or even my membership card (25 years this year). But my son lives and breathes that membership pack because that's his ONLY connection with the club.

It's not good enough ... we call ourselves a community club; but if you live more than five kms from the club you don't count??

Rant over (again)
    WOOF Member 422

9. Likes mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

True. Same goes for us Social Club members I suppose.

At least the paper membership card will be easy to tear up when we lose. Just print it out again and repeat the next time.
    I wanted to microwave the card though

Post Thanks / Like

This is (insert expletive here) poor ... This shouldn't be allowed to happen. We have enough manufacturers and graphic designers and printers in Australia that can do this job. The fact that we bulk our orders with other Victorian clubs is also crap.

Poor form ... do better for your members.

As a member, I should not be having to explain that Santa didn't forget the Bulldog membership pack and that his elves are still making it (or some other made up story) just so the club can save $8.50 per member by outsourcing the packs overseas.

NOT HAPPY JAN

Rant over
    Its more than frustrating when you are living so far from the team. My son doesn't get to go to the footy like his mates do. He doesn't get to go to footy clinics on the holidays. He can't lean over the fence and get an autograph from his footy hero. The only connection he has with the club is the membership pack and the games on TV. Every game we watch together, he gets all dressed up in his jumper and hat and scarf, sits on the couch with me and screams at the TV. The one item he treasures the most is the membership card on the lanyard. It sits on a hook in his bedroom and only comes out on game day.

The email they sent was the least they could do ... the very least. the club employs communication officers; use them. Communicate with your members, especially the junior members. I could give two hoots about the package, I don't need the stickers or magnetic fixture or even my membership card (25 years this year). But my son lives and breathes that membership pack because that's his ONLY connection with the club.

It's not good enough ... we call ourselves a community club; but if you live more than five kms from the club you don't count??

Rant over (again)
    These 2 posts sum up my thoughts and how it effects my young boy. He hasn't seen a game in soooo long, because of that alone he's losing interest, that's unavoidable though. What is avoidable is making sure the members are looked after and leeping them involved. A few emails here and there and a free live stream just doesn't cut it! I told my son back in January his pack is on it's way, they sent me an email with the tracking number and now 6 weeks later they're telling me they haven't even got it. Pathetic! Absolutely pathetic!

Don't get me started on making members go to The Bulldogs Shop to pick up their scarf or hat. Great if you live close by but charge the rest of us a postage fee. I' mean I'm close to $3k each year on memberships, last season was a donation and most of this year will as well. Surely they could do better for the loyal people who have stuck through all this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    These 2 posts sum up my thoughts and how it effects my young boy. He hasn't seen a game in soooo long, because of that alone he's losing interest, that's unavoidable though. What is avoidable is making sure the members are looked after and leeping them involved. A few emails here and there and a free live stream just doesn't cut it! I told my son back in January his pack is on it's way, they sent me an email with the tracking number and now 6 weeks later they're telling me they haven't even got it. Pathetic! Absolutely pathetic!

Don't get me started on making members go to The Bulldogs Shop to pick up their scarf or hat. Great if you live close by but charge the rest of us a postage fee. I' mean I'm close to $3k each year on memberships, last season was a donation and most of this year will as well. Surely they could do better for the loyal people who have stuck through all this?
    That's a serious commitment and you would hope the club understands why some supporters think we are coming up short in their engagement with our loyal members

13. Likes Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got this email in regards to our AFL ticketing for Round 1 away member access.

It’s two weeks until the Western Bulldogs play Collingwood at the MCG in the opening round of the 2021 Toyota AFL Premiership Season, and we’re pleased to provide members with ticketing details for this match.

You have away match access as a result of purchasing the add-on as a new member in 2021, or as a FREE upgrade as thanks for your loyalty as a 2020 renewing member.

You are therefore eligible to redeem a FREE ticket to the Round 1 match against the Magpies on Friday 19 March, starting at 7:50pm.

To do this you will require your AWAY member barcode. This is different to your membership card barcode.

Away club members will have access to redeem their ticket to the match in a priority window between 10am and 12pm on Wednesday 17 March via Ticketek. After this time, any remaining tickets will be opened to the general public for purchase from 1pm, Wednesday 17 March. Subject to availability, away access members yet to redeem a ticket, will have a secondary opportunity to access tickets at this time too.

Due to Victorian Government COVID-19 restrictions, crowd capacities will be capped at 50 percent for Round 1. Away member access has always been subject to capacity, and is not guaranteed. Away member tickets will be limited, and we strongly recommend members prepare to redeem their ticket within the priority member window to avoid missing out.

Match access information for Round 2 of the AFL Premiership Season, including our scheduled home match against West Coast, is still to be confirmed.

Below is important information to help you prepare for the Rd 1 on-sale.

- Prior to the Away Club Member Ticket on-sale, the Club will email you a direct link to access your ticket. Set a reminder in your calendar so you are ready to redeem your ticket from 10am, Wednesday 17 March.

- Tickets for this away match at the MCG are available via Ticketek. This is a different ticketing agent to Marvel Stadium matches. If you don’t already have a Ticketek account, we recommend you set one up now. If you do have Ticketek account, be sure to login and check that all your details are correct. It’s better to reset your. password now than have trouble logging in on the day.

- If you plan to book tickets for multiple family members in the one transaction, or to secure seats with friends, you will need to submit each individual barcode as part of the booking process. Members can check their individual barcodes via their MyBulldogs account here.

- You will be able to book up to six (6) tickets in one transaction, and tickets will be sold in segments. You will only be able to enter and sit in the segment that corresponds to your ticket. Due to COVID restrictions, you will not be able to move around the stadium. If you plan to attend with a group of friends or family who are going to book their tickets separately, discuss where you’re going to sit now.
    View the MCG stadium map, including stadium segments, here.

- Unlike previous seasons, AFL matches in 2021 will be fully ticketed and fully digital. To access the stadium you will need to use the ticket and barcode you receive during the on-sale. Members will not be able to scan-in to games using their membership card due to contact tracing and social distancing restrictions. Ensure you save your tickets on your phone so you’re ready for match day.
    If you have any further questions regarding away match access for Round 1, or using your 2021 match, please do not hesitate to contact our Membership Team on membership@westernbulldogs.com.au or (03) 8899 7414 between 10am and 4pm, Monday to Friday.

Go Dogs

Western Bulldogs Membership Team
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Yuck.

Post Thanks / Like

My membership pack arrived finally today. I'm a rollover member so they started taking my money in October I think.
    Have to say it's underwhelming the quality seems like the cheapest you can get.
    Sticker was bent too! (I don't care never use them).

These things represent your brand so hopefully we have some QA component around the fulfilment items.

I'll give the club some feedback so they can at least have the data to make decisions from.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    My membership pack arrived finally today. I'm a rollover member so they started taking my money in October I think.
    Have to say it's underwhelming the quality seems like the cheapest you can get.
    Sticker was bent too! (I don't care never use them).

These things represent your brand so hopefully we have some QA component around the fulfilment items.

I'll give the club some feedback so they can at least have the data to make decisions from.
    I'm a bulldog for life too and mine and the dogs packs arrived on Saturday. The kids stuff is due to arrive later this week according to an Australia Post email.

Strange that I got 2 membership cards with the social club card separate to the regular card, which has never been the case in the past.

Can't say the quality of the few items seems any different to any other year.

18. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't say the quality of the few items seems any different to any other year.
    I'm maybe over picky, and agree it's never been top notch quality.
    Maybe the bent sticker for which I care not left me soured.
    I do like the idea of a voucher at the store rather than a hat, that's a winner.

I'm just over all the tat that comes like the water bottle I'll donate to someone.

The scarf embossing seems really low grade too?