Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  49
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: North Melbourne where are they at?

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Why? They have just come off the unsuccessful appointment of a fairly inexperienced late 30s coach in Shaw. To replace him with another coach of similar age and experience in Gia would have been a brave call. Gia seems to be highly rated so should get his chance one day.

Fagan has been fantastic for Brisbane coming from a similar football management background immediately prior to getting the senior job. Just because Noble hasn't coached for a while doesn't mean this can't work.
    Time will tell.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Noble is highly regarded in football circles and is a good choice for North. Comes from a well known footballing family in Tasmania.

Post Thanks / Like

Would have loved Gia to get the job but Noble is also highly qualified

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Noble is highly regarded in football circles and is a good choice for North. Comes from a well known footballing family in Tasmania.
    David was in the legendary North Hobart 1987 Premiership team, one of the best teams ever in Tas, along with his brother Michael. I had a great photo of the two of them running toward me after the game holding the premiership cup together with their fists pumping. Also in that team were Darren Davies & Simon Minton-Connell. Six players from that team were drafted to Afl clubs. David also played in the 1989 premiership team. It was a great era for one of Tassie's great sports clubs. 4 premierships in 6 years.

Their father was a member of the North Hobart team of the Century. Suffice to say the Noble family are like Royalty to the mighty Demons.

I think, all bias aside, that he is a great choice for the Kangas & wish him all the very best.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else want Gia to get the job if, for no other reason, that he wouldn’t be at Essendon?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    There's a reason for that though.

He's taken his AFL licks and overseen a pretty successful state league club and his players love him.

Sure he gets tossed around when this discussion is had, but he makes way more sense than a lot of other names.

North clearly need an experienced and strong coach now.
    Andrew McCloud didn't love him. Mind you he played out of his skin during Gary's tenure.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Former Bulldogs assistant David Noble appointed senior coach of North Melbourne.
    Really happy for Goose.

He is a Tassie boy originally drafted to Fitzroy from Tassie (I think North Hobart) around 1990.

Just had North Hobart confirmed on local Tassie news while I type.

I actually had some work contact with him back in his North Hobart days, when he was a Trainee manager in Financial Planning.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

8. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Time will tell.
    Axe, you should be happy with this. This is as close as I've ever seen BAD to saying "you raise some good points and I might be wrong".
    "It's over. It's all over."

10. Thanks Axe Man, Topdog thanked for this post
    Likes azabob, bornadog, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Axe, you should be happy with this. This is as close as I've ever seen BAD to saying "you raise some good points and I might be wrong".

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Crazy, should have been Gia.
    Why do you think Gia would a better choice and Noble a crazy one?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Have we announced our replacement for VFL coach ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Have we announced our replacement for VFL coach ?
    Jordan Russell got announced a day or two after Gia was appointed at Essendon

I'm still trying to find out who was the last guy to have captained and then later coached Footscray but I think it must have been Whitten
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Jordan Russell got announced a day or two after Gia was appointed at Essendon

I'm still trying to find out who was the last guy to have captained and then later coached Footscray but I think it must have been Whitten
    Oh that’s right.
    I even commented on the thread lol
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Why do you think Gia would a better choice and Noble a crazy one?
    I don't know anything about how good Noble is or isn't, but just my opinion, I think a younger coach of the modern game would be better. Unlike Shaw, Gia has also coached his own teams such as the VFL and has had a mentor in Bevo.

I don't think Noble has coached any senior teams, but has been an assistant I guess - Fagan has worked, so no reason Noble can't. Good luck to him.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know anything about how good Noble is or isn't, but just my opinion, I think a younger coach of the modern game would be better. Unlike Shaw, Gia has also coached his own teams such as the VFL and has had a mentor in Bevo.

I don't think Noble has coached any senior teams, but has been an assistant I guess - Fagan has worked, so no reason Noble can't. Good luck to him.
    Nobel is only 53. He has coached his own team SANFL, Under 18's, suburban footy and I thought he coached our reserves at one stage.

From the outside looking in he seems a better fit for where North.
    More of an In Bruges guy?