Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  49
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

North Melbourne where are they at?

A few stories coming out that Shaw has had a major breakdown and Blakey will take over.
    With players leaving and a lot more going on inside the club apparently.
    Essendon are the basket case everyone is talking about but the Kangaroos, they seem to be in some sort of disarray.
    Are they the club that is in real strife ?
    Does anyone know anything on where they actually are at money wise football wise and administration wise ?
    They seem to be going under the radar.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Re: North Melbourne where are they at?

Going to lose Goldstein too.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

11 players cut, with Brown and Higgins set to leave as well. That's a huge overhaul with only Aiden Corr set to come in so far.
    I suspect they give a few senior players second chances as you can't take 10+ kids in one draft.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    11 players cut, with Brown and Higgins set to leave as well. That's a huge overhaul with only Aiden Corr set to come in so far.
    I suspect they give a few senior players second chances as you can't take 10+ kids in one draft.
    You wouldn't give second chancers more than a one year deal either would you?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    You wouldn't give second chancers more than a one year deal either would you?
    DFAs can be signed under a one year deal IIRC, ditto mature aged players drafted after the first round.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Shaw story is official :

Link to article (Jake Niall - AGE)

Shaw to take a break from the game, coaching future in doubt

North Melbourne senior coach Rhyce Shaw has taken an extended break from coaching for personal reasons and may not return to the job.
    North Melbourne cannot say whether Shaw will return and have been making contingency plans for finding a replacement senior coach if his personal situation prevents him from returning to the position.
    There is no specific time frame on the duration of his break.

In a statement, North Melbourne chairman Ben Buckley said: "We have been acutely aware of speculation regarding our head coach, but we have not been in a position to say anything as we are respecting the wishes of Rhyce and his family
    "Rhyce has asked for some time and space away from football and we have provided him support during this period.

"We thank the media for their ongoing cooperation and trust they understand we can't make further comment at this time.
    "In the meantime, we will forge ahead. From a board perspective, our decision making centres around one ambition: how we can build a team and a football program that will win our fifth flag."
    Shaw's period of being away from the club and some aspects of his personal situation have been well-known within AFL football and media circles, but had not been broached by the club until late Friday when chairman Buckley made his statement.

North recently appointed favourite son and former Sydney assistant John Blakey as a senior assistant coach following a difficult season for the club.
    The AFL has been briefed on the Shaw situation, with chief executive Gillon McLachlan, the head of communications and former North Melbourne board member Brian Walsh kept abreast of his absence.
    Shaw, who turns 39 later this month, has had a challenging season with the club, which finished 17th and then instigated sweeping changes to both the coaching panel and the playing list. The majority of his assistants departed - headed by assistant coach Jade Rawlings, while key forward Ben Brown was put on the trading block and star veteran Shaun Higgins is set to join Geelong after being given permission to seek a longer deal.
    North's influential board member and Shinboner of the century Glenn Archer has been taking a hands-on approach in decision making recently, as the club makes tough calls on coaches - six of whom have departed, not including Shaw.
    Of the club's 2020 assistant coaches, only Gavin Brown, Leigh Adams and part-timer and former great Brent Harvey, have been retained. Rawlings, whose brother Brady is North's head of football, has been removed with two years left on a contract, while Jarred Moore, Heath Scotland, Jason Lappin, Michael Firrito and part-time ruck coach Will Minson have all left.

No less than 11 players on the senior and rookie lists have been culled, including Majak Daw, Jamie McMillan, Jasper Pittard, Ben Jacobs, Mason Wood and Marley Williams, as Archer, Buckley and chief executive Ben Amarfio preside over a massive turnover of players and staff.

Post Thanks / Like

Has to bring into question that massive player cull?

Post Thanks / Like

I saw on the news that they are appointing Paul Roos to a position in the footy department.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I saw on the news that they are appointing Paul Roos to a position in the footy department.
    Then they are truly lost !

10. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    If Shaw is out I wonder who has been pulling the strings and getting rid of the players?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Not quite. They have approached Roos, but he is currently in Hawaii and isn't expected back until the new year.

13. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    If Shaw is out I wonder who has been pulling the strings and getting rid of the players?
    Just read that Archer is the man.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Not quite. They have approached Roos, but he is currently in Hawaii and isn't expected back until the new year.
    What role do you know? Is it Director of Coaching?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

The Shinboner of the Century.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

17. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    The Shinboner of the Century.
    Is he ? I've missed all references to that, be nice if once in a while they pointed it out.