Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How many Dogs players (and other teams' AFL players) were good at basketball?

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Was in the AIS as an under 18 basketballer, but decided to come back to Vic and play Footy
    BAD, your sarcasm meter is broken.

Sedat full well knows that Pendlebury was a basketballer as channel 7 only says it 5 million times each time they broadcast a Collingwood game.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

2. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How many Dogs players (and other teams' AFL players) were good at basketball?

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

Sedat full well knows that Pendlebury was a basketballer as channel 7 only says it 5 million times each time they broadcast a Collingwood game.
    Tell you the truth, I don't listen to what they say.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Tell you the truth, I don't listen to what they say.
    Why you have to hurt Sedat's feelings like that?
    "It's over. It's all over."

5. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Why you have to hurt Sedat's feelings like that?
    Haha.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

That would make it 1,580,000,000 times it has been said in all of Pendlebury's 316 games to date. Sounds about on the money.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    The reason I asked: I happened to have a chat with someone last week who is familiar with our first year draft pick JUH.

Said he is a really gun basketballer.
    Jamarra has some height, is a great leap, probably a reasonable tank and looks skilled hand eye so probably would be an impactful junior basketballer - certainly he would at least be super impactful against kids his own age, even if he wasnt actually that good a player.

As long as they don't compare him to Tim Walsh we are ok - Tim had an impact on basketball games because of height and athleticism - but couldn't actually play basketball.

10. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Scotty West attributed basketball with helping with his peripheral vision on the footy field.

12. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Basketball is one of the least appealing sports for me. I hated playing, despite being reasonably tall. Used to get fouled out all the time for trying to take hangers and hip and shouldering blokes. Guys with a good BB background do seem to get good at hanging onto the footy in tight quarters and keeping the ball in positions where it can be used.
    I never used to rate it as a sport either but I've come around to it the last few years. It's much better than it used to be.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I never used to rate it as a sport either but I've come around to it the last few years. It's much better than it used to be.
    Can't agree with that.

Reckon in Australia it's having a renaissance but nothing tops 90's for NBL.

NBA is a basket case and is basically unwatchable IMO.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    Scotty West attributed basketball with helping with his peripheral vision on the footy field.
    Believe Jordan Roughead and Ayce Cordy represented Vic Country in Basketball. Murphy was decent as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Bont's family is well known in basketball circles. Olivia is a very good basketballer in her own right, Marcus got the commitment genes in the family though
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

My son is semi pro basketballer and practises a lot on open public city courts. He only tokenly follows the Dogs.
    He told me he played basketball with a young guy on our list. It wasn't the name Jamarra but it sounded like him.
    My son said he was an OK player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    There was a clip of Bont playing with (Jarryd) Roughy and Pendles that got uploaded somewhere a while back and obviously Bont looked insane. Bailey Smith can dunk and has a smooth release on his jumper per his IG.

I love seeing players from one sport play a different sport. It's like watching a dog skateboard.
    I remember the clip you mean. Bont can handle a basketball.

I remember NicNat getting roped into Dunking over the MC at Half Time at a Perth Wildcats game. WC weren't happy when the video surfaced.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Lipinski's brother was a pretty reasonable player also - I imagine Pat can play a bit also