Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  23
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brownlow Medal 2020

I think the coach's award carries the most weight for me now. The umpires have a ridiculously hard job just keeping up with rule interpretations and the pace of the game, no fault of their own but the Brownlow's cred is diminished because of it.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

2. Likes GVGjr, The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I think the coach's award carries the most weight for me now. The umpires have a ridiculously hard job just keeping up with rule interpretations and the pace of the game, no fault of their own but the Brownlow's cred is diminished because of it.
    Would it be that hard to convene at the end of the game, have a template for best forward, best mid, best defender and then come to a consensus as to who had the most influence?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Would it be that hard to convene at the end of the game, have a template for best forward, best mid, best defender and then come to a consensus as to who had the most influence?
    What if all the forwards were ordinary and the defenders were OK, and three or four mids had good games?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

What if all the forwards were ordinary and the defenders were OK, and three or four mids had good games?
    In my system that I've given 3 seconds thought to, I will allow multiple entries in each section

6. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That would never happen in our team!
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. The coaches understand who is having the biggest impact. The media get caught up in their own hype and love to focus on the superstars too much and the players can't be trusted. I think as each years goes the AFLCA best player award becomes more and more the most respected.

Post Thanks / Like

Feel-good story from the Brownlow:

Travis Boak (21) had more votes than the entire Adelaide roster (20). Talk about adding hilarious insult to spoon insult.

I want to believe at least a little of this Karma is directly stemming from claiming Wood caused McGovern serious bruising to his ribs, Tex nearly killing JJ by pushing him into the post, and stolen game plans.

10. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post