Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  142
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 Finals Footy - the Prelims and Grand Final Discussion

I like Richmond and would be happy if they won don't at me.
    "It's over. It's all over."

2. Likes chef, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Your mids can only be aggressive at clearances when they don’t have to be reactive to the opposition ruckman putting it wherever he wants. Makes it much easier to swarm and move at a stoppage when your big man is at least keeping the ball in the contest, vs it being put down the throat of the opposition. An effective stoppage unit includes a strong ruckman.

That clip was also devoid of any highlights where Lycette just grabbed the ball and punted it forward to put the defence under pressure, which happens to us multiple times a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Our midfield has learned to be competitive against strong opposition ruckman but they could be more effective if we were more competitive with our hit outs. It's going to be interesting to see if we try and get some more support for English during the trade period
    What I wanted to say was it is not all about hitouts. Nankervis lost the hitouts, but was effective with hitout to advanatge. Too many times we (supporters) focus on hitouts.

In a way, I like the Geelong model with two athletic types.

Interesting last night's game, the stats were even in the usual KPI, like the hitouts, clearances and stoppages, except Contested poss.

Therefore, is Bevo going to look for another athletic type to be second ruck? Can't see us looking for an old fashion ruckman.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What I wanted to say was it is not all about hitouts. Nankervis lost the hitouts, but was effective with hitout to advanatge. Too many times we (supporters) focus on hitouts.

In a way, I like the Geelong model with two athletic types.

Interesting last night's game, the stats were even in the usual KPI, like the hitouts, clearances and stoppages, except Contested poss.

Therefore, is Bevo going to look for another athletic type to be second ruck? Can't see us looking for an old fashion ruckman.
    BAD, I have asked you a couple of times but I don’t think you have answered.

What is your opinion we should do in the ruck (not what you think Bevo will do)
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    BAD, I have asked you a couple of times but I don’t think you have answered.

What is your opinion we should do in the ruck (not what you think Bevo will do)
    Sorry Aza, I missed that.

If we can't get a mature athletic ruckman as a backup/second ruck then we need to do two things:

1. Draft an 18 year old future ruckman.

and 2. Next year, put Schache in as the relieving ruck. The bullshit with poor old Dunks has to stop. Schache played ruck/fwd as a junior, so he needs an intensive programme to be ready.

On trading - I would still target Goldstien as a stop gap two years/coach of English. If not then really consider 2PM.

There really aren't too many rucks around that are gettable.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dangerfield certainly behaved weirder than usual after the game last night. And that's pretty weird.

Really didn't want to show any level of elation, too cool for school. He may regret that, given GFs are extremely difficult to make and you should enjoy the ride while you can.

But, I guess when you stage manage every single element of your public persona that's the result.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Dangerfield certainly behaved weirder than usual after the game last night. And that's pretty weird.

Really didn't want to show any level of elation, too cool for school. He may regret that, given GFs are extremely difficult to make and you should enjoy the ride while you can.

But, I guess when you stage manage every single element of your public persona that's the result.
    What about Cotchin immediately thanking the AFL and the state of Queensland in his immediate post game interview on Friday? Richmond are a dead set political party, always have to stay on message.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

10. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    What about Cotchin immediately thanking the AFL and the state of Queensland in his immediate post game interview on Friday? Richmond are a dead set political party, always have to stay on message.
    That was very strange.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    He is practicing his acceptance speech
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

This is shaping up to be a classic game reminiscent of the '67 GF which I was fortunate to attend. My tip is Geelong to win a close one.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

14. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quite ironic. Last time we had an all Victorian GF was in 2011 and this year we get it but being played in QLD. Also over recent years whoever gets the first goal in the GF loses.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Hawkins has had to isolate as he's unwell.

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/api...a07613b7da72a8

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

Imagine if after everything a player tests positive to COVID at the final hurdle and the game had to be pulled.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Quite ironic. Last time we had an all Victorian GF was in 2011 and this year we get it but being played in QLD. Also over recent years whoever gets the first goal in the GF loses.
    Is that Alanis Morrisette irony Eastie or actual irony?

19. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

I'd have said he's been unwell for a long time and this isolation is too little too late.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Imagine if after everything a player tests positive to COVID at the final hurdle and the game had to be pulled.
    I've been hoping for a null and void season for a few weeks now.....can't pinpoint exactly from when in the last few weeks it was, however.

22. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post