Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  142
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 Finals Footy - the Prelims and Grand Final Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Love your work in this thread RS.
    Yeah RS does some great stuff.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    I won’t lie I wish we could have built a dynasty from our 2016 success and made a bit of history. It just wasn’t to be.
    16 of the Tigers playing tonight played in their 2017 flag.

Out: Butler (trade), Caddy (omitted, played 2019), Ellis (FA, played 2019), Grigg (retired), Rance (retired), Townsend (traded)
    In: Baker, Bolton, Balta, Pickett, Lynch, Short

For comparison we only have 10 of our 2016 premiership players still on our list - 7 retirements (5 of them 'early'), 4 trades/FA and one delisting.

I'm not sure of my point, but it's definitely interesting.

3. Thanks merantau, Sedat thanked for this post
    Likes azabob, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Those 2020 ins vs 2017 are huge upgrades. Richmond are going to be a force for years to come.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Those 2020 ins vs 2017 are huge upgrades. Richmond are going to be a force for years to come.
    They are better now for sure. In the age of equalisation it's amazing there can be an outlier of this magnitude. Really it was just one bad game from 4 on the trot. I think off field spend must have something to do with it. An incredible run with injuries too. Oh and that Martin guy.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone got any decent screenshots of Danger post match. In the mood for some Sunday morning schadenfreude.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

The amazing thing with Richmond is really only Tom Lynch is a high profile recruit or trade from another club and to a lesser degree Dion Prestia (albeit just as important to their set up). Other players from other clubs are low TRUE MONEY BALL TRADES. Nankervis and Houli.

They win the hard way. They win different ways. This year they lost week one and last night were totally outplayed in the first half.

Last year the were jumped by Geelong in the prelim and then went on to play scintillating football for six quarters and the rest is history.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    The amazing thing with Richmond is really only Tom Lynch is a high profile recruit or trade from another club and to a lesser degree Dion Prestia (albeit just as important to their set up). Other players from other clubs are low TRUE MONEY BALL TRADES. Nankervis and Houli.

They win the hard way. They win different ways. This year they lost week one and last night were totally outplayed in the first half.

Last year the were jumped by Geelong in the prelim and then went on to play scintillating football for six quarters and the rest is history.
    So true. I went through their list during the week and it's all pretty much amazing work at the draft table. Caddy is another they traded for but he can't even get a gig now. Liam Baker for example was over looked by everyone and rookie drafted by the Tigers, Bolton was a mid second rounder in 2016
    (29) as was Balta who was their second pick (25) after the 2017 flag. That pick went from GWS to Essendon as part of the Devon Smith trade, then to Dogs as part of Stringer deal, then to Lions for Schache, before finally ending up with the Tigers who swapped 15 and 52 for 20 and 25.
    So we kind of swapped Balta for Schache. My recollection is the Tigers had some interest in Schache but cooled on him and I can only think they decided on Balta.

9. Thanks macca thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    So true. I went through their list during the week and it's all pretty much amazing work at the draft table. Caddy is another they traded for but he can't even get a gig now. Liam Baker for example was over looked by everyone and rookie drafted by the Tigers, Bolton was a mid second rounder in 2016
    (29) as was Balta who was their second pick (25) after the 2017 flag. That pick went from GWS to Essendon as part of the Devon Smith trade, then to Dogs as part of Stringer deal, then to Lions for Schache, before finally ending up with the Tigers who swapped 15 and 52 for 20 and 25.
    So we kind of swapped Schache for Balta. My recollection is the Tigers had some interest in Schache but cooled on him and I can only think they decided on Balta.
    I love Balta.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, none of that ‘we’ll know within the first 5 minutes if we’re a shot’ that the Bulldogs throw at you. Richmond fans go in every game knowing their side is a chance no matter what the circumstances are.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Anyone got any decent screenshots of Danger post match. In the mood for some Sunday morning schadenfreude.
    Ahh Danger, even when he's hurtin' he knows where the cameras are.

BORDERLINE FLYING

13. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's become such a time honoured tradition Geelong might like to give serious consideration to adapting this as their new logo.

BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

I said it last night but it bares repeating Shai Bolton has seriously elevated his standing in the game in this finals series.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I said it last night but it bares repeating Shai Bolton has seriously elevated his standing in the game in this finals series.
    I’m sure we were sniffing around Shai a few years ago...damn.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

The kick into the goal square in the last quarter was genius.

18. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    The kick into the goal square in the last quarter was genius.
    And the little shimmy to make it happen oh my.
    "It's over. It's all over."