Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you like wet weather footy?

I quite like watching the odd wet weather game played by two good sides, like last night's prelim. I like watching how the sides adapt to the conditions, different tactics and who still shines in these conditions.

What about you? And which sides are the best wet weather teams? How do the Dogs rate?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do you like wet weather footy?

I enjoyed the game last night as well. When the intensity and pressure is up it doesn’t matter if it’s low scoring. Port fumbled quite a bit more than the tigers which was the difference in the end.

We don’t adapt at all to the wet and I think it’s a symptom of how one dimensional and uncreative we are. It seems we’ve been drilled to play one way. We just don’t do smart things for wet conditions. There were lots of great taps and knocks last night to avoid over possessing the footy. Just get it forward, on the ground, and if your pressure and intensity is up, you can create something from nothing.

3. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do you like wet weather footy?

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    I quite like watching the odd wet weather game played by two good sides, like last night's prelim. I like watching how the sides adapt to the conditions, different tactics and who still shines in these conditions.

What about you? And which sides are the best wet weather teams? How do the Dogs rate?
    I used to love wet weather football as a balance to the drier conditions. You could see the players who really wanted to crack in.

As for the rating I think were are still OK at it
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"