Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

How grateful I am for 2016

I was just thinking today just imagine had we made it in 2020 instead of 2016 that we would have missed out on all the small things that make GF week so great GF training session at WO, GF Parade, GF day at the MCG and the celebrations/commiserations at WO in our case huge celebrations the next day all events I attended.

It would have been so tough after not making a GF in almost 60 years to still have never got the chance to do the parade particularly for our older supporters who have been there thick and thin for a long long time I’m still quite young 31.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 30-10-2020 at 10:24 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

2. Likes cinder, GetDimmaBack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How grateful I am for 2016

I said before the finals series a part of me didn't want us to make the grand final this year because selfishly I didn't want to potentially miss out on going to a grand final and all the other things that normally go along with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I said before the finals series a part of me didn't want us to make the grand final this year because selfishly I didn't want to potentially miss out on going to a grand final and all the other things that normally go along with it.
    In some ways it's perfect that it's the tigers and cats. Both sets of fans have experienced multiple flags recently so it won't feel particulary special for them. Imagine if the Saints had won it. Boy oh boy what a let down that would have been for their fans.

In comparing other leagues around the world, it certainly has felt a bit underwhelming when the winner is crowned. The NBA and NHL just felt a bit 'meh'. Ok you won. You deserved it. But it kind of felt like winning the Ansett/Wizard/NAB Cup.

Post Thanks / Like

Brisbane would have been a good fix in that regard for obvious reasons, and Port probably ok seeing as their supporters could be there for most of the "journey" (unsure if they are allowed in QLD for the Granny though).
    I should leave it alone but you're not right