Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brothers. Brothers. Brothers.

The Townsville Coppers know mine better than me. Absolute waste of space.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Probably more.
    I know we are talking brothers but I imagine sons and grandsons would probably want to play at the club they played for ..
    we had a big family that started with Dolly Aked and all through the Edwards family to the last in Butch , sadly Jake never got to the club but was very close.
    Jack, Alan and Bob Collins, also further back to Tom and George Tribe, the latter playing Test Cricket for Australia and a Wisden champion for many years playing County Cricket in England. John and Robert Schultz, Bill and Frank Scanlan, also Graeme and Barry Ion.

3. Thanks Yankee Hotel Foxtrot thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    The Townsville Coppers know mine better than me. Absolute waste of space.
    I take back what I said. You can be my brother.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

I think it is great when brothers in AFL anyhow, play together. Makes the supporters feel good.
    Last edited by bornadog; 21-10-2020 at 05:01 PM.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The Mcphersons reminded me of the Hanson brothers in Slapshot

7. Likes craigsahibee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Lots of examples of brothers playing together happily just at our club.
    Mac Pherson ,Wheeler, Oconner, Atkins, Grant, Reid.
    I think if you come from interstate or country it’s good as you have some family with you.
    I know the club wanted Steve Macpherson a year early and only let him come because big brother was there to help.
    Admittedly he was only 16.
    Gary and Nathan Ablett, I get the feeling Nathan only played because Gary got in his ear.
    EJ's brother Don played 24 games with us before winning a couple of B & F's at Yarraville.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I’m Not Bitter Anymore! View Post
    The Mcphersons reminded me of the Hanson brothers in Slapshot
    Anyone know where I can get that movie?
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

It’d be good to watch now that we won the premiership. It’s on free to air from time to time. I watched the Michael Palin Ripping Yarns Golden Gordon after we won it’s on Youtube

Post Thanks / Like

It’d be good to watch now that we won the premiership. It’s on free to air from time to time. I watched the Michael Palin Ripping Yarns Golden Gordon after we won it’s on Youtube
    'My mum once made the blackest black pudding I've ever seen ... even the white bits were black,' -

Still makes me laugh.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

12. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Are Essendon telling Josh they will draft his Brother if he comes to the Bombers. But WON"T if he doesn't?

That is emotional blackmail, and surely must be considered to be tampering in the draft/trade or something along those lines.

Surely they're breaking some kind of rule. If they're not, it's still despicable. GOD I HATE THAT CLUB!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Are Essendon telling Josh they will draft his Brother if he comes to the Bombers. But WON"T if he doesn't?

That is emotional blackmail, and surely must be considered to be tampering in the draft/trade or something along those lines.

Surely they're breaking some kind of rule. If they're not, it's still despicable. GOD I HATE THAT CLUB!
    Be funny is his brother told them to $%&^ off.

15. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched that on YouTube just the other day. Everytime my son and I ask each other EPL results Davitt scored twice in last three minutes and Frank Hagerty saved a penalty no matter what the score was.

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    'My mum once made the blackest black pudding I've ever seen ... even the white bits were black,' -

Still makes me laugh.
    I hate to be one of those people but that's from the Testing of Eric Ostlewaite. The most boring boy in the world. He's so boring his parent's run away from home because he won't stop talking about shovels.

Gordon Ottershaw's big quote is that he "might give up football for a bit" (and we've all been there) instead of getting a season ticket at Leeds when Barnestoneworth look like they will stop playing games at the Sewage Works ground.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

17. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I loved that show too. "it were a Spear & Jackson number 12"........
    Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I watched that on YouTube just the other day. Everytime my son and I ask each other EPL results Davitt scored twice in last three minutes and Frank Hagerty saved a penalty no matter what the score was.

I hate to be one of those people but that's from the Testing of Eric Ostlewaite. The most boring boy in the world. He's so boring his parent's run away from home because he won't stop talking about shovels.

Gordon Ottershaw's big quote is that he "might give up football for a bit" (and we've all been there) instead of getting a season ticket at Leeds when Barnestoneworth look like they will stop playing games at the Sewage Works ground.

19. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post

New that TD, was just going with the Michael Palin Ripping Yarns reference.

21. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Yes I loved that show too. "it were a Spear & Jackson number 12"........
    My favourite quote from the series comes from Tomkinson's School Days when the schoolmaster finds him making the full scale model icebreaker in the boat model club. "What the hell is that Tompkinson?" "Well you'll just have to break it down before the head sees it"

Oh and "call me school bully." And the 30 mile hop against the Buddhist public school St Anthony's is a highlight too.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

23. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post