Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  63
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Confirmed Trades 2020

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Reports that the Crows will not get pick 2 compensation in losing Brad Crouch to the saints.
    He's an end of 1st round compensation player in my opinion. If they make the Saints use their late first rounder that might make it easier for us to offer them pick 12 (now 14 or so) for their 2 x 2nd round picks
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I still don’t get the Daniher compensation.
    It’s not the player who decides the compensation though. It’s the contract. You don’t get pick 7 for Daniher, you get it because someone gives him $700K a season.
    I mean I wouldn’t pay Brad Crouch 5c to play on my team, but if someone gives him a million bucks a year then the compensation will reflect that. I’ve been anti-compo the whole way. It’s been a poorly implemented system from the get go and it looks sillier every year.

Post Thanks / Like

Reports that the Crows will not get pick 2 compensation in losing Brad Crouch to the saints.
    From what I heard it means they will force a trade. What's the chances of him ending up at the Bummers for one of their first rounders and another pick to Essendon if they don't land Dunkley?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    It’s not the player who decides the compensation though. It’s the contract. You don’t get pick 7 for Daniher, you get it because someone gives him $700K a season.
    I mean I wouldn’t pay Brad Crouch 5c to play on my team, but if someone gives him a million bucks a year then the compensation will reflect that. I’ve been anti-compo the whole way. It’s been a poorly implemented system from the get go and it looks sillier every year.
    and clearly the Daniher deal shows why this is wrong. He is a player of immense potential who has lost 3 years of development. The reality is that he will be no better than a Jake Carlyle. He is no Buddy Franklin or Dangerfield. Handing the Bombers pick 7 is rewarding their medical incompetence and inability to motivate a player gifted to them as a father-son.

A better method would be weighting towards a) salary offered by Essendon; b) salary offered by Brisbane; c) B&F Ranking in last 2 seasons; d) games played last 2 seasons. You may weight this 50% on salary offered by Brisbane, but the other 3 are pretty important as well. The resuilt may be the same, but at least a wholistic appraisal of the player's worth has been undertaken.

6. Likes DOG GOD, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Crouch would have to be on a similar deal you'd think. Basically the formula is based on the size of the club and the optics of the loss, with consideration given if club is stuffed and needs a hidden priority pick (see Frawley) or the feel good factor (see Gaddy).
    It's embarrassing really.

8. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Get ready for absolute mayhem IF they don’t get pick 2. Saints have said they won’t trade. Will be interesting.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the whole thing was a ploy to get Adelaide to up their contract to him so he can stay there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Maybe the whole thing was a ploy to get Adelaide to up their contract to him so he can stay there.
    I'm not sure the contract is much superior to what he was on anyway. Adelaide holding the first pick of the PSD are in a great spot to keep him there if the saints won't deal.

The Saints should offer their first pick for Couch and try and get a later 2nd round pick coming back to them
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

* Zac Langdon deal done for WC, they will send GWS pick 54. Expect that pick to head to Freo as part of the Hogan deal. Dockers will use for NGA bids.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

* Richmond have traded Oleg Markov to the Gold Coast SUNS for its Future Round 3 selection.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Pick 54 now heads back west to Fremantle with Jesse Hogan now at GWS.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Pick 54 now heads back west to Fremantle with Jesse Hogan now at GWS.
    They've got him on the cheap, that's for sure. If he can sort out his off field issues, bargain at just 25 years old.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    They've got him on the cheap, that's for sure. If he can sort out his off field issues, bargain at just 25 years old.
    Huge If.

How many players have publicly had mental health issues in the AFL and been anything close to good since? Mitch Clark is probably the best example (and quite similiar to Hogan, highly rated, moved clubs, had the issues, moved clubs again) and he was serviceable at best in his time at Geelong iirc.

I think the price very much reflects the likelihood that he will be a bit part player at best.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Huge If.

How many players have publicly had mental health issues in the AFL and been anything close to good since? Mitch Clark is probably the best example (and quite similiar to Hogan, highly rated, moved clubs, had the issues, moved clubs again) and he was serviceable at best in his time at Geelong iirc.

I think the price very much reflects the likelihood that he will be a bit part player at best.
    It's probably more likely he's out of the system within 3 years rather than being the star he looked like being.

Post Thanks / Like

Brad Crouch to St Kilda official after Adelaide don't match FA offer. Rd 2 pick to Adelaide (currently 23).