• VFL quality

0 0%
  • Delist

1 9.09%
  • Needs more time

0 0%
    Post Thanks / Like

Rating our list 2020 Taylor Duryea 15

Well the season is done and dusted but the list rating still goes on as we continue to evaluate each player on our list starting with the highest number Lin Jong down to Matthew Suckling.
    The poll will run for a week and when your post in the poll if you can give a reason on your thoughts so we can share your insights.
    At the end we'll see how our list looks in the eyes of WOOF members.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

2. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rating our list 2020 Taylor Duryea 15

A few stats:
    Height: 179cm
    Weight: 80Kg
    Games: 135

Taylor Duryea arrived at VU Whitten Oval during the 2018 NAB AFL Trade Period after nine seasons at the Hawthorn Football Club. Known for his impressive speed and skill, the crafty defender displayed his ability to play either a lockdown or run-off role, fitting in seamlessly in his 14 senior games for the Bulldogs in 2019, including the Club's Elimination Final against GWS Giants. A two-time premiership player (2014 and 2015) at Hawthorn, Duryea played 118 games over nine seasons, after arriving at Waverley Park with pick 69 in the 2009 National Draft. Duryea recorded a career-best 31 disposals to help the Bulldogs edge past Melbourne by eight points in Round 17, 2019

LINK
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

I rate Duryea as a AFL quality player. He's smart and a great organiser for our back line plus his kicking skills are generally first rate.
    I just wonder that with the reemergence of Bailey Williams, re-signing of Easton Wood for 2 years and with Daniel, Johannisen and Crozier if we have more than a injury type replacement role for him going forward.

We've been looking for a small pressure forward over the last couple of years and I wonder if Duryea could fill that role for us in 2021 while Weightman and Garcia develop further?

Failing that, it could become a bit of a question about if we should look to re-sign him or not.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

5. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Only reason I wouldn’t keep him on is if his injuries are going to take its toll.
    Very solid, experienced and reliable.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I've always found the response to Duryea to be somewhat overstated on here. He's reliable and solid but pretty much just a guy. If Wood is going to play as a lockdown small/mid defender as suggested then by my count there's only one spot between Duryea and Crozier in the back 6.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

8. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Solid player who is good at what he does but is very similiar to Wood, Crozier and even Cordy in role. Like those guys he doesn't really provide rebound, is mostly lockdown but is not great at it, is tidy enough with the ball but not creative and his only good exposed form of the last few years is in the one position.

I think he is worth retaining, and i do think he makes us a better side with him in it, but a bit like how we are stacked for mid paced non crumbing forwards we are stacked with Duryeas type as well and shouldn't be playing all of them. I have Wood and Crozier ahead of him in the role and Cordy is similarly rated for mine but can at least pretend to play taller.

Also pronouncing his name correctly remains a skill I have yet to pick up which makes me sound like an idiot way too often. I would retain him I guess but considering how often he is injured and how rarely he is a player we actually need I would have no qualms if he was let go.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

10. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Also pronouncing his name correctly remains a skill I have yet to pick up which makes me sound like an idiot way too often. I would retain him I guess but considering how often he is injured and how rarely he is a player we actually need I would have no qualms if he was let go.
    Durr YEAH! I think. Like the bad guys in Dude Where's My Car would say it.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Dew-Ray?

Post Thanks / Like

I think he is an important cog in our backline and helps direct it. Two years in a row now he has come back from injury and we have gone on a winning streak, both years in the second half of the season. I still think he has a few years left in him, and all the players can fight for the HBF role.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I like him. It's a shame we've never picked up any other decent players from Hawthorn.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I like him. It's a shame we've never picked up any other decent players from Hawthorn.
    Terry Wallace went ok .
    Bring back the biff

16. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Terry Wallace went ok .
    In the last ten years.
    "It's over. It's all over."

18. Likes bornadog liked this post