Likes Likes:  137
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Geelong

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Geelong

Geelong is looking at drafting Tarryn Thomas

read here
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

read here
    Wouldn’t surprise me, they are a good culture down there and he is out of the Melbourne bubble, get him for bugger all and if he comes good he is a huge plus, the fact is he has a whole year to prove himself and the club has a full year to see if he has changed and it’s not a gamble. Lose nothing if he stuffs up in the next year, gain heaps if he proves himself to it being behind him.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Wouldn’t surprise me, they are a good culture down there and he is out of the Melbourne bubble, get him for bugger all and if he comes good he is a huge plus, the fact is he has a whole year to prove himself and the club has a full year to see if he has changed and it’s not a gamble. Lose nothing if he stuffs up in the next year, gain heaps if he proves himself to it being behind him.
    Yep if one club could, they did well with Stengel.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i dunno, heaps to lose if he messes up again especially for the future victim.

If any club is serious about their womens team and supporter base they would not go anywhere near this human trash.
    Last edited by chef; 09-04-2024 at 03:15 PM.
    The curse is dead.

5. Likes hujsh, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

read here
    It's pretty vague that link - it was a jump made by AFL meeja after a conversation where Mackie said they look at cases on a individual basis.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    Yep if one club could, they did well with Stengel.
    I'd take someone who bought a baggie over someone that threw a lamp at a woman then was charged for online abuse / revenge stuff

TT is far more toxic.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

8. Likes chef, Sedat, hujsh, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    It's pretty vague that link - it was a jump made by AFL meeja after a conversation where Mackie said they look at cases on a individual basis.
    Can't wait to read all about the redemption arc and how wonderful Geelong are for giving recidivist abusers and predators yet another chance - maybe we can give another $100m to them in taxpayer funding so they an allocate 1% of that amount to their women's team and pocket the rest in more stadium upgrades

#CoAsTaLlIfEsTyLe
    Last edited by Sedat; 09-04-2024 at 02:52 PM.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

10. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I'd take someone who bought a baggie over someone that threw a lamp at a woman then was charged for online abuse / revenge stuff

TT is far more toxic.
    FWIW, i wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole, but if one club could.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Can't wait to read all about the redemption arc and how wonderful Geelong are for giving recidivist abusers and predators yet another chance - maybe we can give another $100m to them in taxpayer funding so they an allocate 1% of that amount to their women's team and pocket the rest in more stadium upgrades

#CoAsTaLlIfEsTyLe
    Like this post. You?re in fine form Sedat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post

TT is far more toxic.
    Without going to deep I was obsessed with a woman when I was around 22 (1984) she called off our relationship and we were engaged. I did some terrible things, she broke my heart, I ended up seeing a psychiatrist etc . Two years later I was a different person, sometimes I wonder if it was hormonal or something as I am not that type of person , actually came across her in 2015 on fb and we chatted I apologised (it haunted me all my life ) we caught up a few times and are now extremely good friends.

I believe you can change and be a better person.
    Bring back the biff

14. Thanks SquirrelGrip, bornadog, MrMahatma thanked for this post
    Likes JanLorMill, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Without going to deep I was obsessed with a woman when I was around 22 (1984) she called off our relationship and we were engaged. I did some terrible things, she broke my heart, I ended up seeing a psychiatrist etc . Two years later I was a different person, sometimes I wonder if it was hormonal or something as I am not that type of person , actually came across her in 2015 on fb and we chatted I apologised (it haunted me all my life ) we caught up a few times and are now extremely good friends.

I believe you can change and be a better person.
    Good on you Ledge for turning things around. Agree, people can change and turnaround their lives.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Yeah i dunno, heaps to lose if he messes up again especially for the future victim.

If any club is serious about their womens team and supporter base they would not go anywhere near this human trash.
    Exactly. There's an old saying that goes "if you lay down with dogs, you get up with fleas" and I think that it applies here.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

17. Likes chef liked this post