Post Thanks / Like

Re: Geelong

Someone has had some fun on Wikipedia

2. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes EasternWest, bornadog, Twodogs, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I didn't remember Jenkins going for that high a pick nor Rohan going for that low a pick.

I mean we know Rohan is pretty bad in finals but he does at least do well in the H&A stuff
    What's actually become of Jenkins?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    What's actually become of Jenkins?
    Soon to be delisted after doing ok for the Geelong VFL.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Soon to be delisted after doing ok for the Geelong VFL.
    Pretty rapid fall from grace.

Reckon he regrets knocking back Brisbane's big money offer all those years ago.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

What and miss out on all those sweet VFL matches these past years???

7. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Brisbane thrilled he didn’t. I don’t understand why Geelong took that on, or Jack Stevens. A big of arrogance that their club could turn them around.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Likes macca, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris Scott looks broken. Sad.

12. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fair amount of hubris to the Geelong approach. They've filled up, not just on players who are on the elderly side of the footballing spectrum, but also dudes that have significant, ingrained negative traits. They've taken a big gamble that they could harness their strengths and mitigate or hide their weaknesses.

Higgins... great kick.... but massive finger pointer with suspect hams and heart strings.
    Jenkins... great....ummm.....good.....ummmm... okay I guess a range of stuff.. but of footballing geriatric vintage
    Dahlhaus.... was once a warrior.... but has failed to find 'motovation'... and has also been unable to improve his kicking beyond VFL level
    Henderson.. just cooked.. has been a good players, but he looked old tonight
    Rohan... Hello... is it me your looking for???? Perennial regular season al dente finisher... finals series overcooked wet spaghetti....limp, lifeless and irredeemable. 1 Disposal....
    Cameron.... how many picks did he cost? not much return

I know Dahl & Jenkins didn't play play tonight, but they still clogged up a list spot.
    We may get pumped tomorrow night... but if buying futures.. I'd still be buying Bulldog stock over Geelong even if we get rolled by 10 goals tomorrow..

14. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Chris Scott looks broken. Sad.
    I'm comfortable with that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Fair amount of hubris to the Geelong approach. They've filled up, not just on players who are on the elderly side of the footballing spectrum, but also dudes that have significant, ingrained negative traits. They've taken a big gamble that they could harness their strengths and mitigate or hide their weaknesses.

Higgins... great kick.... but massive finger pointer with suspect hams and heart strings.
    Jenkins... great....ummm.....good.....ummmm... okay I guess a range of stuff.. but of footballing geriatric vintage
    Dahlhaus.... was once a warrior.... but has failed to find 'motovation'... and has also been unable to improve his kicking beyond VFL level
    Rohan... Hello... is it me your looking for???? Perennial regular season al dente finisher... finals series overcooked wet spaghetti....limp, lifeless and irredeemable. 1 Disposal....

I know Dahl & Jenkins didn't play play tonight, but they still clogged up a list spot.
    We may get pumped tomorrow night... but if buying futures.. I'd still be buying Bulldog stock over Geelong even if we get rolled by 10 goals tomorrow..
    Geelong are in a world of pain with 11 players over 30 tonight playing, and 2 mentioned above in Dahl and Jenkins can add to that ageing list = 13 players.

This could be their peak.

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t you ever, ever use Lionel Richie’s words like that ever again. I won’t stand for it. I won’t take that Geelong were Easy, or Melbourne we’re celebrating the Geelong capitulation All Night Long. I don’t even want to duet with you about Geelong embarrassing themselves in finals prime time as just pure Endless Love. So, Say you, Say me.

18. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, josie, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In light of last nights result, we the Geelong football club board make the following recommendations to the match committee and recruiting staff for the upcoming off season.
    STRATEGIC
    It is felt that the decision to load up on youth in last nights game backfired badly. Finals are tough and brutal contests and four players under the age of 27 was far too many placing additional pressure on some of our mature types who cannot do all the heavy lifting. We are staggered that Luke Dahlhaus and Josh Jenkins couldn't make the 23 and that Shaun Higgins was under utilized on the night. We also believe that Jack Steven was not given enough opportunity before delisting.
    It is also felt that too much is left to Paddy and Joel in terms of on ground umpire feedback and that an additional experienced communicator needs to be added to the playing list so we implore that Gary Junior is contacted regarding his availability for next season.
    DEFENCE
    It is felt that we need to stiffen the back end of the ground. Daniel Talia from the Adelaide football club has expressed a desire to continue in the AFL system but at this stage we feel at 30 that he is not quite mature enough to help us so need to look elsewhere. We believe Garry Malarkey has expressed an interest in returning and we also have made contact with Austin McCrabb regarding his availability.
    FORWARD
    Tough night for the forwards last night with a lack of connectivity with the mids. In light of Jeremy Cameron's continued absence in finals and the untimely forward fifty erection of the Gary Rohan annual September statuette we need to bolster this area. Larry Donohue has graciously offered his services and we believe that Doug Wade is still quite lively so are options for this area.
    We are also led to believe that the AFL run something called an AFL draft generally around November where talent can be obtained but we as a club are currently chasing details to see if in fact this event does actually take place as we have not heard or in fact utilized this avenue previously.

GET TO THE DRAFT YOU FLOGS.

20. Likes bulldogtragic, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They only have 30, 31, 35 & 53 this draft. Unless they trade out something good.

Post Thanks / Like

So who made these decisions? they should be in the gun.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.