Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  52
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Being Creative: The new Tom Boyd is...

I don’t know if you guys know this, but once upon a time our captain left and we somehow turned him into the best young tall in the country...who would turn in a BOG performance in the 2016 GF.

Back when it happened, I was amongst those who said ‘they will never trade Boyd’. As it turned out, I was (as usual) proven to be wrong and they DID trade Boyd.

Apparently we need a ruckman.

The best young ruckman is Luke Jackson. His club already have Max Gawn so he has been pinch hitting as a forward. NOW they are apparently going to trade for Ben Brown...so I guess there is one less spot in the forward line for young Luke.

Could we - assuming JD leaves - turn what we get in return into Jackson? What would it take? 2x first round picks? More? LESS?? Thoughts???
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Being Creative: The new Tom Boyd is...

I don’t know anything about Jackson but was thinking Ben King for this scenario.
    Last edited by bulldogsthru&thru; 02-11-2020 at 07:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Preuss has flagged his intention to move to GWS so that thins the ranks a bit Melbourne with their back-up ruck options and Melbourne are apparently offering at least one if not both of the McDonald brothers as trade bait so that clears up a spot in the forward line for Jackson

If you go by the logic that clubs won't draft ruckman with early picks unless they regard them as exceptional then I'm assuming they are all in for Jackson becoming a fey forward and ruckman and they want to play alongside of Brown and Weideman .

He's 19yo and a few years younger than our ruckman so he might be regarded as a project player.

I doubt Melbourne would trade him but it would need a couple of first rounders to maybe get a deal done

I like these sort of suggestions though, never hurts to ask the question
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I don’t know anything about him but was thinking Ben King for this scenario.
    What would King cost? I would imagine something like what we are wanting for Dunkley - so a couple of first round picks, or a first round pick and an important player. But we would also need to outbid a number of other clubs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    What would King cost? I would imagine something like what we are wanting for Dunkley - so a couple of first round picks, or a first round pick and an important player. But we would also need to outbid a number of other clubs.
    Suns would probably want players. So we’d have to get involved with another club with potential picks from Dunkley.

Post Thanks / Like

Where are we with Jordan Sweet ... is Luke Jackson better than Jordan?

I don't really know Jackson at all, so can't judge. But if Sweet has promise then I don't see the purpose of bringing in Luke Jackson. Jordan is just as young and a promising ruck ... I think
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Where are we with Jordan Sweet ... is Luke Jackson better than Jordan?

I don't really know Jackson at all, so can't judge. But if Sweet has promise then I don't see the purpose of bringing in Luke Jackson. Jordan is just as young and a promising ruck ... I think
    Well not having seen much of him Jackson is a no.3 draft pick playing at 19 years of age and Sweet is a mature age ruck who hasn't got a game yet so I can't see the 'potential' of Sweet getting in the way for a player like that.

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t really see what Jackson has done that would require we give up two firsts for him when he was worth one a year ago.

We need a ruckman that is ready to be very good right now if we want to do any damage with what should be an excellent list.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I don’t really see what Jackson has done that would require we give up two firsts for him when he was worth one a year ago.

We need a ruckman that is ready to be very good right now if we want to do any damage with what should be an excellent list.
    We gave up our captain and pick 6 for Boyd one year after he was drafted, so potentially we'd be paying less for Jackson. Although I can't see any situation where either Jackson leaves for another Vic team or Melbourne trade him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I doubt Melbourne would trade him but it would need a couple of first rounders to maybe get a deal done

I like these sort of suggestions though, never hurts to ask the question
    We don't ask Melbourne, we do what Essendon have supposedly done and throw a 5 year contract plus big dollars at a Jackson and he then goes to his club and says this is too good to refuse. That is what we did to get Boyd?

Maybe there are other potential young ruckman that we could target?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

What about Jordan Ridley? Plays tall, great user of the footy and intercepts for fun.

Just signed for two years, a delicious number for synchronicity of current events and dealing of maximum Essington schadenfreude.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s a no for me.

I don’t mind the idea, but not sure he’s the player we need at the moment. Our list (top end) isn’t far off competing. We need some tweaks around the edges, and another couple of A-B+ grade players who are ready to go. Jackson isn’t a player that really fits our time line as the key piece we give up a lot for. Would be happy to have him, but not as part of that deal.

13. Likes GVGjr, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    What about Jordan Ridley? Plays tall, great user of the footy and intercepts for fun.

Just signed for two years, a delicious number for synchronicity of current events and dealing of maximum Essington schadenfreude.
    Pass. He doesn’t fill a priority need for mine.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

What about Nicnat?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking, that maybe the player that suits Bevo is actually Rhys Stanley, although Marc Blicavs is probably more it.

Stanley might be gettable for 2 or 3 years.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured