• VFL quality

0 0%
  • Delist

0 0%
  • Needs more time

8 34.78%
    Post Thanks / Like

Rating our list 2020 Rhylee West 14

I might need to wrap this up quick before we get to number 5. Anyway the list rating still goes on as we continue to evaluate each player on our list starting with the highest number Lin Jong down to Matthew Suckling.
    The poll will run for a week and when your post in the poll if you can give a reason on your thoughts so we can share your insights.
    At the end we'll see how our list looks in the eyes of WOOF members.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rating our list 2020 Rhylee West 14

A few stats:
    Height: 181cm
    Weight: 82Kg
    Games: 7

Father-son recruit Rhylee West made his way to the Kennel with pick 26 in the 2018 NAB AFL Draft. A standout inside midfielder with the Calder Cannons and Vic Metro in his junior years, West is renowned for his ability to win contested possession and apply pressure to the opposition. An AFL Academy Member in 2018, he averaged 22 disposals (50 percent contested), five clearances and four tackles throughout the 2018 National Under 18 Championships. In his first season on an AFL-list, a late-season senior debut came for West in Round 19, 2019 against Fremantle, following strong VFL form. The 19-year-old son of a gun played three AFL matches in total, including the Club's Elimination Final against GWS Giants, showcasing his competitive nature and skill both as a midfielder and pressure forward. West placed runner-up in the VFL’s JJ Liston Trophy for the league's best and fairest player. West signed a two-year extension in August, tying him to the Bulldogs until at least the end of 2022.

LINK

Post Thanks / Like

If Dunkley goes Rhylee may blossom with more game time so I think he needs more time but the potential is there.

4. Likes Bullies, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    If Dunkley goes Rhylee may blossom with more game time so I think he needs more time but the potential is there.
    I agree. I liked what I saw from Rhylee this year and felt he was not too far away from nailing a spot. String at the footy, good hands and courage in the clinches. He is one paced, but give him a season or two and he will be feeding the ball out to Bont and Smith!

Post Thanks / Like

I like him a lot. I wouldn’t be Happy if Dunks leaves but at least West is a ready made replacement but with a difference. West is not a nice mannered ball magnet. He is a snarling beast
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he is a player with a terrific upside and I was a bit surprised we didn't use him more last year earlier in the season

He reads the play well and can take a mark and kick a goal. With McLean injured, West has a great chance to push himself into the best 22 discussion in 2021
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I feel that Rhylee is ultimately Libba’s replacement rather than for Dunks. Jongy will cover Dunk’s spot in the immediate term and if BT comes through with the goods again, then Elijah Holland is our upgrade on Dunks.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

9. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

West has shown some potential to be AFL quality, but I feel he needs more time. Another one that would have benefited from VFL time. Will get more opportunites in 2021 if JD leaves
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    I feel that Rhylee is ultimately Libba’s replacement rather than for Dunks. Jongy will cover Dunk’s spot in the immediate term and if BT comes through with the goods again, then Elijah Holland is our upgrade on Dunks.
    The only issue is that Jong can’t stay on the park. I would have delisted him as he has shown he is the unluckiest footballer going around.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Needs more time, young West.

Has the traits, works well in close. Needs to become a better accumulator and develop into a player who can spend time forward impacting the scoreboard or perhaps locking down opposition prime movers to add some more strings to his bow. 2021 is a big year for his career.

Post Thanks / Like

Needs more time but I'm confident that he'll be at least an AFL quality player.

Post Thanks / Like

Surprised he was dropped after 1 bad game.

Thought he showed pretty solid improvement up until then.

Where will he play in the next 1-2 years, is it that HFF role with bursts in the mid?

Post Thanks / Like

Elite hands, but needs to play the percentages a bit more if he rests forward.
    He's a tiny bit bigger and heavier than Jack Viney, as far as AFL players go he'd be the closest comparison.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers