Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  33
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can someone (please) explain to me the reason we would trade for Stef Martin (or another ruck only player).

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Interesting reading back on this thread. Was the question asked by the OP answered? Was Martin the right person considering all his injuries ( including historical)?
    We played Martin at every opportunity and our forward line never looked better. Martin might not have been the right option specifically, but it has proven that a big bodied ruck that can do 70-8-% in the ruck can work for us.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can someone (please) explain to me the reason we would trade for Stef Martin (or another ruck only player).

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We could have and should used that option. Suggest the Bevo Doghouse was in full swing
    Is the Bevo Doghouse when you do something Bevo doesn't like and end up in the Magoos for your career?
    JT was a confusing one. Why get him and not play him? He wasn't that bad.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

3. Likes josie, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Interesting reading back on this thread. Was the question asked by the OP answered? Was Martin the right person considering all his injuries ( including historical)?
    A cheap player to advance English and Sweet without harming the soft cap?
    Off field it's a huge success, on field it's so-so. If he gets back for finals then it will be amazing.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

5. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Is the Bevo Doghouse when you do something Bevo doesn't like and end up in the Magoos for your career?
    It's not like we never played him. There was a line put through his name last year though, for whatever reason.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    A cheap player to advance English and Sweet without harming the soft cap?
    Off field it's a huge success, on field it's so-so. If he gets back for finals then it will be amazing.
    We certainly need him for finals…as much as dunks and Treloar are an important part, Martin is THE part that structures us beautifully, as seen in the first part of the year.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

The gamble was worth it because it has shown how valuable a mature, experienced ruck is to our structure. If we can eek out anything from him moving forward it will still be worth it he makes us a different team.

I'm amazed just how well we've done this year without a ruckman, Dunkley and Treloar but we are getting tired in the middle.

Post Thanks / Like

So we all now agree that the MC have the right balance when Martin is playing.

Turn to 2022 and do we go against with Martin or go out and chase another mature age Ruckman like a Goldstein
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    So we all now agree that the MC have the right balance when Martin is playing.

Turn to 2022 and do we go against with Martin or go out and chase another mature age Ruckman like a Goldstein
    Don't get Happy Days started again. He'll remove the R.I.P from he's signature.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Don't get Happy Days started again. He'll remove the R.I.P from he's signature.
    I'm on the Ben McEvoy for 2 years train now.

Clarko on the way out, Hawks years away from contending. I think we can sell him on a flag shot and get him in for a few years.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd prefer a longer term solution. Ladhams, Max Lynch.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Off thread but JT related he's going to be the Barooga senior coach next season.

On thread I like the McEvoy idea, Goldstein would be better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Off thread but JT related he's going to be the Barooga senior coach next season.

On thread I like the McEvoy idea, Goldstein would be better.
    I think McEvoy is more gettable which is strange given he is captain. They have Ceglar and Reeves as options moving forward, plus all the Clarko stuff.

North have basically no one else to take on the number 1 role unless they want to give BTC the gig and well...yeah.

15. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I'd prefer a longer term solution. Ladhams, Max Lynch.
    THIS ^^

We need a long term solution. Timmy is a great second ruck.

I like Ladhams of the two above.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I think McEvoy is more gettable which is strange given he is captain. They have Ceglar and Reeves as options moving forward, plus all the Clarko stuff.

North have basically no one else to take on the number 1 role unless they want to give BTC the gig and well...yeah.
    I know there's no chance given who his dad is, but I really like Reeves. He's absolutely huge and has that thing where he can dominate a pack marking contest that Dean Cox had (and Timmy has too).
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I know there's no chance given who his dad is, but I really like Reeves. He's absolutely huge and has that thing where he can dominate a pack marking contest that Dean Cox had (and Timmy has too).
    Who is his dad?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite