Likes Likes:  56
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs: Mitch Hannan

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Please show us something. Anything.
    2 disposals to half time
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    2 disposals to half time
    10 Quarters so far in our jumper:

18 Disposals Total (1.8 per quarter)
    10 Marks Total (1 per quarter)
    6 Tackles Total (.6 per quarter)
    0 Goals Total (0.0 per quarter)
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

That’s better. Nice finish. Now more thanks.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo's presser tells me both that Hannan ain't playing for Footscray next week and the KPI's of match committee are beyond the mere mortals of WOOF to try and decode. Easier to have broken the German's Enigma code.

5. Likes josie, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Bevo's presser tells me both that Hannan ain't playing for Footscray next week and the KPI's of match committee are beyond the mere mortals of WOOF to try and decode. Easier to have broken the German's Enigma code.
    I guess the KPIs lead to wins? Hard to argue with Bevo right now.

7. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As I said in the match day thread he just looks a bit behind everyone else because he's underdone, and kind of like Bruce did last year in terms of almost getting to the right spots at the right time but not, fluffing things because he's exhausted and just not gelling like he might if able to keep up physically.

Another thing about him that reminds me of Bruce is a bit retrospective post more of the commentary that has been forthcoming from Bruce himself about how he struggled to fit in and understand the way we wanted him to play in our system. Mitch would definitely be struggling with this right now, and it's difficult to know whether playing him is good for him and the team or whether he should have a spell.

He tackled, apparently ran where we wanted him to tonight, and kicked a very important goal. He'll be in the team next week but in my view needs to get up to speed quickly as we have players putting their hands up.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    As I said in the match day thread he just looks a bit behind everyone else because he's underdone, and kind of like Bruce did last year in terms of almost getting to the right spots at the right time but not, fluffing things because he's exhausted and just not gelling like he might if able to keep up physically.

Another thing about him that reminds me of Bruce is a bit retrospective post more of the commentary that has been forthcoming from Bruce himself about how he struggled to fit in and understand the way we wanted him to play in our system. Mitch would definitely be struggling with this right now, and it's difficult to know whether playing him is good for him and the team or whether he should have a spell.

He tackled, apparently ran where we wanted him to tonight, and kicked a very important goal. He'll be in the team next week but in my view needs to get up to speed quickly as we have players putting their hands up.
    Honestly, I think Wallis could do his role better at the moment, I just don’t see it yet with Hannan, but then again I’m not match committee.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Honestly, I think Wallis could do his role better at the moment, I just don’t see it yet with Hannan, but then again I’m not match committee.
    Wallis was terrible at the start of the year as a forward. I know he has been playing well in the VFL, but has that mostly been in the midfield? I'm not sure he is a like-for-like for Hannan based on form this year...

Post Thanks / Like

Hannan looks a half step off a few too many contests, but it is a tough role he has to play at half-forward and he is very persistent with his efforts. AFL level and will offer some value as he did last night, without setting the world on fire.

Pretty hard at it.

Post Thanks / Like

We've played him without sufficient form under his belt. As a player I don't doubt he's good enough but he's not showing anything at the moment to suggest he's adding much value. If English was to come back against the Saints I think Hannan makes us too tall up forward.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

13. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hannan was ok I thought. Good intensity, speed and positioning . Think he's coming into good form and like what he brings.
    Got a good nose for goal and better with the ground balls than I realised.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We've played him without sufficient form under his belt. As a player I don't doubt he's good enough but he's not showing anything at the moment to suggest he's adding much value. If English was to come back against the Saints I think Hannan makes us too tall up forward.
    I agree. I didn't like his VFL form and has kicked one goal in 3 games.

He should be back in the VFL until he finds form and be ready for the run home.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the idea of Hannan but he's just not doing anything. Like at some point surely the lack of actual anything has to overwhelm whatever galaxy brain thing he's allegedly doing.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

What is Hannan judged on by the MC?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    What is Hannan judged on by the MC?
    Shhhh, Bevo thinks he's doing what is asked of him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"