Thanks Thanks:  44
Likes Likes:  310
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Westernbulldogs Adam Treloar

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Has been way, way better than expected.
    The fans, the club or both?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    The fans, the club or both?
    Definitely for the fans. I assume the club thought he'd add quite a bit to our midfield mix.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

So back to trade week, the rumours of Treloar leaving were swirling. It seems Treloar toured with Bevo just before everything went public. Power had his price in mind. But leaving all that aside, do you think Treloar is on par or ahead of the expectations?

We would’ve been thinking mixing inside with outside, but he’s doing that while going at nearly (averages) 27 touches, 4 tackles, 3 marks, 1 goal, 1 behind, 1 goal assist. Plus the way he’s scored his goals on the run and his burst speed.

At a guess, is this what Power was thinking in the trade period (high expectations and meeting them) or is the overall package better than we could’ve thought?

I reckon that he's provided everything that the footy Dept/coaches were hoping he'd provide plus a little bit more. They would have expected him to get on the end of good play by others at stoppages and kick goals or find forwards on the lead and he's done plenty of that. He's also extracted the ball from stoppages and got his hands dirty which they would have hoped for.

Becoming the best mate of a star player who wanted to leave for another club and seemingly helped him fall in love with the place again and start to play good footy would be icing on the cake.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    He looked a little non plussed at trying to get a word in edgeways with Bob and Easton who really need to settle down and not have so many in-jokes in their roles.
    Agree 100%. Their silly giggling is off putting.

Post Thanks / Like

I would say Treloar has given everything that anyone could have imagined and significantly better than what is required to prove a value trade.

All we need is for him to maintain close to what he is currently providing and we have a genuine bargain.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I would say Treloar has given everything that anyone could have imagined and significantly better than what is required to prove a value trade.

All we need is for him to maintain close to what he is currently providing and we have a genuine bargain.
    I am enjoying watching him play, especially when he goes for a run and they can't catch him. Great to have a mid with some pace.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the fact that he will back himself kicking a running goal once he passes 50. We don’t get a lot of those goals other than maybe Bont, so it’s great to see.

Its something I think JJ could offer if he played HF.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

8. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    I love the fact that he will back himself kicking a running goal once he passes 50.
    This. It is awesome to watch one of our elite mids look to have a shot inside 50.

I think he might be inspiring Jacko Macrae too - think heÂ’s tripled his 2016 goal tally already...

10. Likes DOG GOD, Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    This. It is awesome to watch one of our elite mids look to have a shot inside 50.

I think he might be inspiring Jacko Macrae too - think heÂ’s tripled his 2016 goal tally already...
    Agree. I’d really like to see more players take it on like Treloar does and back themselves. Best way to score through a defensive wall is to kick over it.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm liking that Libba is using his kicking off a step and on the run a little more as well, because he's actually a beautiful kick when confident.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

In cricketing, there’s always been the debate about walking and alleged good sportsmanship (Gilchrist), versus making the umpire or third umpire make the decision they’re paid to make (Ponting).

So when Treloar was bowled middle stump on Saturday night he gestured to the field and goal umpire that the ball didn’t hit his legs and was thus a goal. They reviewed it anyway. Is it good sportsmanship or should he have said it hit his leg with passion and put the umpires & ARC in under real pressure to make a decision and leave open a possible touched behind call?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

14. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In cricketing, there’s always been the debate about walking and alleged good sportsmanship (Gilchrist), versus making the umpire or third umpire make the decision they’re paid to make (Ponting).

So when Treloar was bowled middle stump on Saturday night he gestured to the field and goal umpire that the ball didn’t hit his legs and was thus a goal. They reviewed it anyway. Is it good sportsmanship or should he have said it hit his leg with passion and put the umpires & ARC in under real pressure to make a decision and leave open a possible touched behind call?
    I think you just react how you react. For some people its in their nature to own up to it, clearly it is for Treloar.

Post Thanks / Like

Good sportsmanship.

Pickett did a similar thing yesterday when he kicked a goal, he immediately said it was touched. The score review showed it was but just.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not unhappy he said he didn't touch it.

I'd expect even the slightest inkling of contact and most/any players would argue that it's been touched. So for the guy to say it wasn't touched it just saves everyone time and we move on.

Not that I recall it happening much but I reckon it's much more unseemly if something is claimed to be touched and revealed it isn't.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just dirty on him missing the ball!
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff