Thanks Thanks:  44
Likes Likes:  310
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Westernbulldogs Adam Treloar

That article certainly paints things in a more positive light from our end. Surely Tim Hazell can confirm what was actually agreed to if the pies and dogs can't come to a consensus?

Sam Power hasn't let us down so far and I don't think he's about to start here. Looks like the pies brought a knife to a gun fight.

Post Thanks / Like

I would be extremely disappointed if this was indeed an oversight from Baines and Power.

However, given Eddie's ramblings on the matter and the fact Collingwood gets no relief on the Beams payout I think they're playing around.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

For you Eddie !!!

It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

4. Likes bornadog, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It staggers belief that the Treloar trade could be signed off without the minimum pricing agreement in place that stipulates which club pays what, and when. Actually, it's staggering that it would seem apparent that there isn't a standard 'template' to cover this scenario to mitigate such a mess from ever occurring. But then the result is hardly surprising when up against the AFL's known inadequacies, and Collingwood's quite apparent list management incompetencies. We really should've seen this coming, and lead the legal governance to protect our butts on this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Who's signing up for this package?

Bucks might have spent some time on the courts with Alicia Molik but I'm not sure his tennis has improved any.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Big Ed has chimed in:

Getting some Marlon Brando in The Godfather vibes from that quote.
    I will always be grateful for the way Ed assisted us all those years ago but there was no need for him to link the two issues because it's not like we are going to bow to them now because we owe them one from years ago

The Pies have made a mess of things and it's not up to us to contribute more
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I will always be grateful for the way Ed assisted us all those years ago but there was no need for him to link the two issues because it's not like we are going to bow to them now because we owe them one from years ago

The Pies have made a mess of things and it's not up to us to contribute more
    The guy basically admitted he doesn't think a level playing field is something that all clubs are entitled to, rather, something that should be afforded clubs for future favours irrespective of the inherent imbalances that are a legacy of the old VFL etc.

It's an unbelievably grubby thing to say and it's rankled me more as the day has progressed.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

9. Likes GVGjr, Rocket Science, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    The guy basically admitted he doesn't think a level playing field is something that all clubs are entitled to, rather, something that should be afforded clubs for future favours irrespective of the inherent imbalances that are a legacy of the old VFL etc.

It's an unbelievably grubby thing to say and it's rankled me more as the day has progressed.
    This arsehole entitled attitude neatly encapsulates why they were, are, and always will be the filth. Dirty club.
    Last edited by Sedat; 26-11-2020 at 09:54 PM.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

11. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There is some word that the amount over five years is not in dispute, but the years in which Collingwood pay what is being contested. It sounds like Collingwood want to structure it so that in the next few seasons they can 105 one of the years to attract a free agent, whereas the Bulldogs want to 'smooth' Treloar's contract so the Bulldogs contribution is as even as possible in each of those five years.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    There is some word that the amount over five years is not in dispute, but the years in which Collingwood pay what is being contested. It sounds like Collingwood want to structure it so that in the next few seasons they can 105 one of the years to attract a free agent, whereas the Bulldogs want to 'smooth' Treloar's contract so the Bulldogs contribution is as even as possible in each of those five years.
    There is a real chance that both parties agreed to somewhere between 1.2M to 1.5M over the 5 years and perhaps we thought an average would be applied but that doesn't suit the Pies now. Tim Hazel can't be doing his reputation any good good because apparently he was privy to the discussions
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    There is a real chance that both parties agreed to somewhere between 1.2M to 1.5M over the 5 years and perhaps we thought an average would be applied but that doesn't suit the Pies now. Tim Hazel can't be doing his reputation any good good because apparently he was privy to the discussions
    Tim Hazel seems to be very young and green. He will be learning a lot of life lessons.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

So this is obviously because they didn’t get to discount their Beams payout right? Seems smackingly obvious in light of that somehow thoughtful 7news article
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Why the need? Wouldn't any free agent just go there and trust them to fairly back end their deal too...

I'm not sure I'd even trust any offer of 'cash upfront' right now. I'd be looking to a new player agent, like 'M. Gatto Athlete Agents'.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I would be extremely disappointed if this was indeed an oversight from Baines and Power.

However, given Eddie's ramblings on the matter and the fact Collingwood gets no relief on the Beams payout I think they're playing around.
    I'm fairly certain that he has tried to use it before

Post Thanks / Like

The AFL's policy on the run with list sizes and salary caps created this, and now Collingwood are calling them out because they lost on Beams
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff