Thanks Thanks:  44
Likes Likes:  310
Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Westernbulldogs Adam Treloar

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Apologies but I need some clarity here, do you not rate the level of professionalism at the AFL?
    Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Yeah I wish Sedat wasn't so flippy floppy with his opinion about the professionalism of the AFL.
    Classical fence sitting Sedat. Can't articulate a point plainly, always convoluted guff.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

2. Likes Sedat, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    The AFEL really is a pissant flophouse amateur-hour competition. Even if we hold our ground and pay him $600k a season (assuming that is the agreed terms of the trade), if the AFEL grant the filth some arbitrary discretionary deduction on their obligations to Treloar, then the entire competition is compromised with a bogus salary cap that is open to artificial modification.
    The AFEL reminds me of Quokkas. They live on an island without too many worries, fat, happy, and if/ as soon as a couple of foxes find their way into their habitat they'll be genuinely *!*!*!*!ed.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think if the AFL gets involved they will make it simple , pay the amount in 5 instalments one a year at same cost.
    None of this backend / front end loading.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I think if the AFL gets involved they will make it simple , pay the amount in 5 instalments one a year at same cost.
    None of this backend / front end loading.
    I agree. The AFL always act in a sensible, transparent way. There is no way they would encourage back/front ending and risk more clubs finding them in the mess Collingwood are in.

Wait...what?

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp....27-p56ime.html

AFL creates '18 Collingwoods' telling clubs to back end contracts

Irate AFL clubs have warned there will be “18 Collingwoods” forced into back-ending contracts to get under the reduced salary cap next year.

Clubs are angry the league has palmed off applying the cut to the salary cap to the clubs and the league’s best answer for getting under the cap was to back end contracts.

The AFL has mandated the total player payments and additional services agreement for next year will be cut by 9 per cent, while the players will take a 3.5 per cent pay cut on average.

List sizes have been cut by two players, which means the reduced salary cap is slightly spread across fewer players.

The AFL has not applied a flat across the board percentage cut to player salaries next year but instead passed it back to clubs to renegotiate player contracts.

The league has begun visiting and briefing clubs about the cut to the salary cap and has told clubs it was up to them how they got under the salary cap and that they should back end contracts to fit under the cap next year.

Collingwood this year underwent an aggressive trade period in large part to address salary cap issues that were created by constantly back-ending contracts.

They dumped more than $2milion out of their salary cap for next year by trading out Adam Treloar, Jaidyn Stephenson and Tom Phillips.

“The advice from the AFL is to just back-end contracts to get under the cap. Fine. We will have 18 Collingwoods next year with everyone forced to push the problem down the road,” said one list manager who wanted to remain anonymous.

“We have worked for years to get our cap under control and keep it under control – as have other clubs – and the AFL advice is to blow it up again.

“We traded in good faith for draft picks that we may not be able to use because they announced these cuts after the trade period and the reality is we may not be able to bring in as many players.”

The AFL has told clubs that a player cutting their salary by 8.5 per cent next year can recoup 5 per cent of that cut the following year when the salary cap is hoped to normalise back to the pre-COVID levels.

One list manager said it was misleading to say reduced list sizes off-set the size of the salary cap cut.

While the reduced salary cap is spread among fewer players the clubs say it is only the lowest-paid players who were cut from lists and so the clubs’ players wage bill only reduced by about $80,000 per player.

The league has mandated new draftee’s wages will be cut by 10 per cent.

“The AFLPA was representing the players but who was the AFL representing? It wasn’t the clubs,” one club list manager said.
    Last edited by The Adelaide Connection; 28-11-2020 at 09:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    I agree. The AFL always act in a sensible, transparent way. There is no way they would encourage back/front ending and risk more clubs finding them in the mess Collingwood are in.

Wait...what?

Irate AFL clubs have warned there will be “18 Collingwoods” forced into back-ending contracts to get under the reduced salary cap next year.

Clubs are angry the league has palmed off applying the cut to the salary cap to the clubs and the league’s best answer for getting under the cap was to back end contracts.

The AFL has mandated the total player payments and additional services agreement for next year will be cut by 9 per cent, while the players will take a 3.5 per cent pay cut on average.

List sizes have been cut by two players, which means the reduced salary cap is slightly spread across fewer players.

The AFL has not applied a flat across the board percentage cut to player salaries next year but instead passed it back to clubs to renegotiate player contracts.

The league has begun visiting and briefing clubs about the cut to the salary cap and has told clubs it was up to them how they got under the salary cap and that they should back end contracts to fit under the cap next year.

Collingwood this year underwent an aggressive trade period in large part to address salary cap issues that were created by constantly back-ending contracts.

They dumped more than $2milion out of their salary cap for next year by trading out Adam Treloar, Jaidyn Stephenson and Tom Phillips.

“The advice from the AFL is to just back-end contracts to get under the cap. Fine. We will have 18 Collingwoods next year with everyone forced to push the problem down the road,” said one list manager who wanted to remain anonymous.

“We have worked for years to get our cap under control and keep it under control – as have other clubs – and the AFL advice is to blow it up again.

“We traded in good faith for draft picks that we may not be able to use because they announced these cuts after the trade period and the reality is we may not be able to bring in as many players.”

The AFL has told clubs that a player cutting their salary by 8.5 per cent next year can recoup 5 per cent of that cut the following year when the salary cap is hoped to normalise back to the pre-COVID levels.

One list manager said it was misleading to say reduced list sizes off-set the size of the salary cap cut.

While the reduced salary cap is spread among fewer players the clubs say it is only the lowest-paid players who were cut from lists and so the clubs’ players wage bill only reduced by about $80,000 per player.

“The AFLPA was representing the players but who was the AFL representing? It wasn’t the clubs,” one club list manager said.
    That is so stupid . I have no words.
    Bring back the biff

8. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait...what?

I bet Eddie and the filth were the first club consulted about this drastic policy change (about 3 weeks before everyone else) prior to the trade period starting and duly took out the trash in advance of it being 'officially announced' today.

Could the AFEL be any more partisan, duplicitous, underhanded, secretive, useless and unprofessional? Dickheads.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

10. Likes bornadog, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    The AFEL reminds me of Quokkas. They live on an island without too many worries, fat, happy, and if/ as soon as a couple of foxes find their way into their habitat they'll be genuinely *!*!*!*!ed.
    Good analogy. The AFL is the marsupial of the sporting world. It thrives with a huge continent to itself but not real good when an external threat comes along.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Snakes are the AFEL animal me thinks:

Paulie Walnuts: Amazing thing about snakes is that they reproduce spontaneously.

Tony Soprano: What do you mean?

Paulie Walnuts: They have both male and female sex organs. That’s why somebody you don’t trust you call a snake. How can you trust a guy who can literally go *!*!*!*! themselves?

Tony Soprano: Don’t you think that expression would’ve come from the Adam and Eve story? When the snake tempted Eve to bite the apple?

Paulie Walnuts: Hey, snakes were *!*!*!*!ing themselves long before Adam and Eve showed up, T
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

13. Likes jeemak, Rocket Science, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You see, the AFEL can literally go *!*!*!*! itself.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

15. Likes jeemak, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I shudder to think about the impact on Treloar, but am I right in thinking that we could actually pull the plug on the deal and Collingwood have to keep him?

From my understanding, teams have a week to submit contracts after the closing of the trade period. So they have some type of formal agreement, lodge a notice of intention before the end of trade period, and then have the green light to set about drawing up formal contracts.

If this is the case I think we seriously turn the screws. It’s $600k a year or we are leaving. The ramifications for Collingwood (not clearing some of his salary and having to welcome back a player that they severely mistreated and character assasinated) are too high, they will have to buckle.

Post Thanks / Like

You know you love them, the AFEL is just the gift that keeps on giving.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Snakes are the AFEL animal me thinks:

Paulie Walnuts: Amazing thing about snakes is that they reproduce spontaneously.

Tony Soprano: What do you mean?

Paulie Walnuts: They have both male and female sex organs. That’s why somebody you don’t trust you call a snake. How can you trust a guy who can literally go *!*!*!*! themselves?

Tony Soprano: Don’t you think that expression would’ve come from the Adam and Eve story? When the snake tempted Eve to bite the apple?

Paulie Walnuts: Hey, snakes were *!*!*!*!ing themselves long before Gillon and Steve Hocking showed up, T
    Edited for relevance, and the lols.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

19. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I shudder to think about the impact on Treloar, but am I right in thinking that we could actually pull the plug on the deal and Collingwood have to keep him?

From my understanding, teams have a week to submit contracts after the closing of the trade period. So they have some type of formal agreement, lodge a notice of intention before the end of trade period, and then have the green light to set about drawing up formal contracts.

If this is the case I think we seriously turn the screws. It’s $600k a year or we are leaving. The ramifications for Collingwood (not clearing some of his salary and having to welcome back a player that they severely mistreated and character assasinated) are too high, they will have to buckle.
    Treloar is playing with us next year, the contracts were signed. The rabble in the black and white are not arguing the AMOUNT they have to pay him (it is 1.5mill over 5 years) but how it's paid, the dogs were expecting an even 300k a year but now they want to kick the can down the road and make the Dogs pay more up front.

Thankfully Treloars manager was apart of these negotiations and is taking the side of the Dogs, Collingwood are trying to re-neg after what was already negotiated.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Treloar is playing with us next year, the contracts were signed. The rabble in the black and white are not arguing the AMOUNT they have to pay him (it is 1.5mill over 5 years) but how it's paid, the dogs were expecting an even 300k a year but now they want to kick the can down the road and make the Dogs pay more up front.

Thankfully Treloars manager was apart of these negotiations and is taking the side of the Dogs, Collingwood are trying to re-neg after what was already negotiated.
    While I outlaid a similar scenario earlier in the thread to what you have described it's not quite what is being reported now. The articles seem to be challenging how much Collingwood agreed to contribute to given that Treloar was acquired for essentially a 2nd round pick. They seem to be saying that had we acquired him for a 1st round pick then Collingwood would have contributed more towards covering his contract

I agree he will be playing for us next season it's a bit of a mess and something that I hope we learn a lesson on in making sure have things locked away better when trades are completed
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

22. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just noticed this on the HUN

Collingwood and the Western Bulldogs remain significantly apart over a resolution to the Adam Treloar contract dispute.

Figures close to the standoff say the Dogs are adamant they will not be paying Treloar a cent more than a “watertight” five-year, $600,000-a-season contract agreed with the cast-off Magpies midfielder.

It would mean Treloar is still owed $300,000 a year — or $1.5 million — under the terms of his original Magpies contract.

But Collingwood insists the Bulldogs agreed to further negotiations over who would pay what to Treloar after the trade went through, which the Bulldogs absolutely dispute.

Treloar was traded to the kennel along with picks 26, 33 and 42 in exchange for the Dogs’ No.14 pick and a future second-round selection.

The Dogs are confident any money owed above and beyond Treloar’s new arrangement at the Whitten Oval is simply a matter for Collingwood.

The only concession the Western Bulldogs did offer Collingwood during the frantic final days of the trade period, one figure said, was an offer to front-end some of Treloar’s wages in his new contract to assist the Magpies with management of their salary cap.

But if Collingwood’s position is right, the Bulldogs effectively agreed to a trade for Treloar without knowing how much they would pay him.

The clubs agreed to the trade one minute before the AFL exchange period deadline.

But no paperwork outlining any financial details has been lodged with the AFL by either club.

Attempts by Collingwood to push back on payments owed to Treloar will inflame an already bitterly strained relationship with the player after the messy mishandling of the midfielder’s departure.

The AFL is yet to become embroiled in the negotiations.

The clubs held amicable talks on Thursday and have been given extra time before Treloar’s full financial arrangements must be submitted.
    The day after he was traded, Treloar revealed how hurt he was by Collingwood’s treatment of him at the end of the 2020 season.

The Western Bulldogs recruit said he was shocked to be told by Magpies coach Nathan Buckley that teammates did not want him, given the strong relationships he had built across five seasons at Collingwood.

“To be told that, when I don’t think that’s the truth, and to be told that there’s some players that don’t want you there when I know the majority of the players love me and care for me, that did hurt a bit,” he said.

“But they were adamant on moving me on, so no matter how they were going to go about it, it was going to happen. It was a fight up until the end, because I wanted to be at Collingwood.”
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"