Thanks Thanks:  44
Likes Likes:  310
Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Westernbulldogs Adam Treloar

Quote Originally Posted by dukedog View Post
    I agree it was a clever response. But he danced around it like he has no f'€ing idea what will happen. Maybe thats the truth. Maybe thats legit for the situation as it unfolded. Still cant see how a deal gets officially done without details. Or is it indeed . Not officially done. Just another afel grey area.
    He has every idea it will happen he's just not the bludgeoning fool McGuire is. He showed respect all deserved and that he has confidence it will get done as we expected is good enough for me.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

2. Likes bornadog, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For real it's still not done though. I think that pretty much everyone has honed in on this being pretty much entirely Collingwood's fault and doing, and as a very smart law person (PG if you're reading feel free to DM me) we're definitely in the right, but it's not not embarrasing for us.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    He has every idea it will happen he's just not the bludgeoning fool McGuire is. He showed respect all deserved and that he has confidence it will get done as we expected is good enough for me.
    I agree, and frankly I don't worry about it as the club is in charge of salaries and the cap, and we are in good hands.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In the club we trust.
    If Gordo says it's OK then it's OK until it isn't.

Post Thanks / Like

Western Bulldogs and Collingwood settle Adam Treloar contract dispute

Western Bulldogs have stood firm over what Collingwood must contribute towards Adam Treloar’s salary but agreed to a small concession.

Collingwood has failed in its bid to force the Western Bulldogs to stump up extra cash for star recruit Adam Treloar.

The Dogs held their ground and will not be paying Treloar a cent more than a five-year, $600,000-a-season contract agreed last month with the cast-off Magpies midfielder.

A resolution to the contract dispute reached on Friday means the remaining $1.5 million owed to Treloar over the next five years will be paid to him by the Magpies.

But the Bulldogs have agreed to front-end some of Treloar’s first-year wages in a bid to assist Collingwood in managing its salary cap.

Pies football chiefs raised eyebrows after the Treloar trade went through by claiming the Dogs had agreed to further negotiations over how much his new club would be contributing to his total wages.

Treloar was traded to the Bulldogs along with picks 26, 33 and 42 in exchange for the Dogs’ No.14 pick and a future second-round selection in the last minute of last month’s trade period.

Official contract documents will be filed with the AFL in the coming days.Treloar will now have separate contracts with the Dogs and also with Collingwood.

Collingwood’s trade period calamity - losing Jaidy Stephenson, Tom Phillips, Atu Bosenavulagi and Treloar for little compensation - has been off-set by a strong night at the draft table, where the club secured five young stars within the first 31 selections.

Highly-fancied father-son prospect Nick Daicos, son of club legend Peter Daicos, is also a certainty to join his brother Josh at the club in next year’s draft.

The day after he was traded, Treloar revealed how hurt he was by Collingwood’s treatment of him at the end of the 2020 season.

The Western Bulldogs recruit said he was shocked to be told by Magpies coach Nathan Buckley that teammates did not want him, given the strong relationships he had built across five seasons at Collingwood.

“To be told that, when I don’t think that’s the truth, and to be told that there’s some players that don’t want you there when I know the majority of the players love me and care for me, that did hurt a bit,” he said.

“But they were adamant on moving me on, so no matter how they were going to go about it, it was going to happen. It was a fight up until the end, because I wanted to be at Collingwood.”

Post Thanks / Like

Sam Power doesn’t lose. Just doesn’t.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

We front ended they back ended . Copping it from both ends.
    Bring back the biff

10. Likes Dry Rot, Testekill, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Sam Power doesn’t lose. Just doesn’t.
    He puts Parker Lewis to shame.

Collingwood needs to be rid of McGuire, his commentary around this issue was pitiful at best.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

12. Likes The Underdog, EasternWest, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ned Guy and the team were appalling during the trade period which I suppose can mainly be attributed to back ended contracts putting them well past the salary cap. Fancy losing Treloar, Stephenson, Phillips and the emerging Bosenavulagi and getting bugger all in return and now it's been confirmed that they will need to stump up 1.5M over the next 5 years to have a player of Treloar's quality playing against them.

They did very well at the draft grabbing Henry, Macrae, McInnes, Poulter, McMahon, McCreery and then Ginnivan at the rookie draft but they have lost a lot of quality players from their list

It will be interesting to see if players are as happy to back end contracts with Collingwood going forward

14. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So we will pay an average of 600 grand a year for Trealor and Collingwood will pay an average of 300 grand with a larger portion of it paid next year and then in one of the years 2 3 4 or 5 (probably 4 or 5 Collingwood will tip in an extra amount?

Does that sound right?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    So we will pay an average of 600 grand a year for Trealor and Collingwood will pay an average of 300 grand with a larger portion of it paid next year and then in one of the years 2 3 4 or 5 (probably 4 or 5 Collingwood will tip in an extra amount?

Does that sound right?
    Close enough

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Close enough
    Replace 'Biden' with 'Collingwood!'

Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Great news. Up yours pies. Behaved disgraceful during this trade period. Should be ashamed of how they treated ‘one of their own’

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Collingwood needs to be rid of McGuire, his commentary around this issue was pitiful at best.
    Luckily for everyone else he was re-elected unopposed in February for a couple more years.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

20. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Now there's a blast from the past.

Kube eat now.
    "It's over. It's all over."