Thanks Thanks:  44
Likes Likes:  310
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Westernbulldogs Adam Treloar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    He's contracted until the end of 2022.. and he's fully engaged mate. Just look at his response on the siren and tell me he wants to leave.. Not a *!*!*!*!ing chance.

Adz had a shit game on the weekend.. the 1/2 chances didn't fall his way and he showed his disappointment at not being able to get in the game a little too much, but he made some important contributions when we needed it.

Lots of cuddles this week and hopefully some early ball on Saturday night to get his confidence up... he's going to be super important for us to win and I'm confident he'll play his part.
    Yeah he's desperate for a flag.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yeah he's desperate for a flag.
    Not as desperate at Patty Dangerfield though. He's always wanted to win one.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

3. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    It's also interesting that Dunkley hasn't signed yet.
    It's been reported in the media as recently as yesterday that talks are already underway about an extension.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    It's been reported in the media as recently as yesterday that talks are already underway about an extension.

Please, I'd love nothing more then to permanently shut up some Bombers fans
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    His partner was at the Tassie game from what I can tell via social media. I doubt his non efforts on the weekend were anything related to off field, much more likely his body isn’t perfect and he’s lost confidence. Also playing out of position makes it hard to catch fire but also no excuse for some of the efforts he put up.

I hope we see him play more dedicated minutes in the middle because he’s a liability forward.
    His partner may have been in the crowd but would be have been able to spend any time with her? I wouldn't have thought partners were making the trip with players, particularly if the AFL is trying to keep the SA and WA governments onside.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    He's contracted until the end of 2022.. and he's fully engaged mate. Just look at his response on the siren and tell me he wants to leave.. Not a *!*!*!*!ing chance.

Adz had a shit game on the weekend.. the 1/2 chances didn't fall his way and he showed his disappointment at not being able to get in the game a little too much, but he made some important contributions when we needed it.

Lots of cuddles this week and hopefully some early ball on Saturday night to get his confidence up... he's going to be super important for us to win and I'm confident he'll play his part.
    I want both to stay Ads has been excellent gives us a point of difference but it must be hard to have your family live in another state. Must be challenging.

Is Dunkley trying to put more runs on the board before signing? The longer they wait the more you think about things.

Post Thanks / Like

He had 28 touches against Essendon. 13 kicks. 15 handballs. 14 contested possessions. 5 tackles. 5 inside 50s. 426m gained. 80% time on ground. That was one week ago. Gee whiz one week is a long time in football. He can play the game.

He had an off night for whatever reason. How does one bad week after lighting it up the week before suddenly turn into all this scrutiny and theories into what is happening.

He is a proven big game player. If you want evidence, go and have a look at the 2018 GF replay (26 touches. 14 contested possessions. 11 tackles!. 5 clearances.).

I'm backing him to play a good game this week.

Post Thanks / Like

He’ll be right.

Played like a guy who was in a bad mood, and ended up in quicksand (see Shane Falco in the film The Replacements). There’s no substitute for talent and he has truckloads, which will come to the fore given time and opportunity.

I didn’t like how he is pulling up on contact, noticed a few times last game and at least once in the Essendon game. A bit of self preservation going on there. Think he’ll snap out of that too. Bloke will go when he has to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    He’ll be right.

Played like a guy who was in a bad mood, and ended up in quicksand (see Shane Falco in the film The Replacements). There’s no substitute for talent and he has truckloads, which will come to the fore given time and opportunity.

I didn’t like how he is pulling up on contact, noticed a few times last game and at least once in the Essendon game. A bit of self preservation going on there. Think he’ll snap out of that too. Bloke will go when he has to.

Trying to avoid potential injury before GF maybe?
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Trying to avoid potential injury before GF maybe?
    100% and you have to be very careful about that, can’t pick and choose when to go. Flip side could be that, with a limited fitness base after injury, he doesn’t want to spend his ti keys on superfluous physical efforts, maybe a bit tentative. Again, not his normal mind set, so I will back him to perform and go when he has to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    He’ll be right.

I watched the Replacements when I was 15 because I thought it was about the band, and full on thought it was the best movie ever. Then I watched it again like 10 years later and was really sad.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

13. Thanks SonofScray thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When looking at how we can go from beating Lions at The Gabba, to beating Port in Adelaide, one of the main upsides we have is Adam. When he's on, he's amazing. If he can get near his best we go a long way towards winning.

It's a prelim. They're hard to get into! Let's hope he shines!

15. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dogs tip out-of-sorts Treloar to bounce back after stinging criticism

JACK Macrae has backed under-fire teammate Adam Treloar to return to form after several quiet performances and a role change since returning from injury.

The prized Bulldogs recruit was criticised by Matthew Lloyd on AFL.com.au’s Access All Areas for poor body language and defensive efforts in his team's one-point semi-final triumph over Brisbane.

Lloyd said Treloar looked like a player who didn't enjoy his current role, that he needed to "suck it up" and urged coach Luke Beveridge to talk to the midfielder about his body language.

The Bulldogs have the deepest midfield in the competition, and Treloar has found it difficult to build minutes at centre stoppages since returning from an 11-week layoff with a syndesmosis injury.

He is averaging 19.0 disposals and 3.4 centre bounce attendances since returning to the side (down from 25.0 and 12.1 pre-injury), and recorded just 10 touches and zero clearances against the Lions.

"There's (only) so many spots in the midfield, and the form he was in in the first 10 weeks of the season before he hurt his ankle was some of the best footy I think he's ever played," Macrae said.

"He was just amazing for our team. I'm backing him in to get back into that form and he's been a class player his whole career, so you don't just lose that overnight. So I'm going to back him in, we're all going to back him in to get back to his best and hopefully that comes on Saturday night.

"He's a very experienced player and has been a terrific player his whole career, so it's probably not one for me to worry about or focus on."
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Word floating around a few dogs circles is Kim wants to stay in Brisbane for the foreseeable future.

If it is the case, puts Adz in a weird situation.

Honestly tho, wouldn't blame her if it is legit, Melbourne is not the place to be at the moment..
    Lions are losing an a-grad mid in his late 20s...

If you got the right return (picks for points and/or a KPD/Ruck) who would say no?

On the assumption he wants to go to be closer to his wife of course.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Lions are losing an a-grad mid in his late 20s...

If you got the right return (picks for points and/or a KPD/Ruck) who would say no?

On the assumption he wants to go to be closer to his wife of course.
    Perhaps his best mate wants to go and live with his sister.........I can feel the Trade Dunkley thread making a comeback!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

19. Likes hujsh liked this post