Thanks Thanks:  44
Likes Likes:  310
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Westernbulldogs Adam Treloar

Has the $1.5m payout actually been confirmed? I’ve only seen it from journos and before the trade was made

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Has the $1.5m payout actually been confirmed? I’ve only seen it from journos and before the trade was made
    The numbers will never be confirmed publicly.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Heard Geoff Walsh interviewed on Triple M this morning. The $300K was thrown at him and he would not comment. If it wasn't true he would be quick to deny it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Heard Geoff Walsh interviewed on Triple M this morning. The $300K was thrown at him and he would not comment. If it wasn't true he would be quick to deny it.
    Ned Guy refused to comment on it last night as well. It is definitely true, otherwise the denials would be screamed from the top of Mt Everest.

Collingwood must have been in absolutely horrendous salary cap problems. It makes sense - they gave large contracts to Treloar, Greenwood, Mayne and Wells that started all the back-dating shenanigans. Then they bring Beams to the club and further stretch their salary cap. In the meantime they prematurely give large contracts to Stephenson and Cox (He passed his 4th year trigger clause) and extend Phillips and Treloar's contracts and back-end them even further. Then to top it off, Grundy secures a massive 7 year contract on huge money that hasn't even started yet. Then they sign up Moore for 800k a year and still have De Goey to finalise.

Just a complete mess. It might have been justified if Sheed shanked that kick in the 2018 GF but sucked in.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

5. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another way to look at it is, we were offering Jack Martin around 5 years at about $600,000. So that's roughly the hole we had in our salary cap while signing other players up. The $300,000 a year means Treloar is 5 years at $600,000, the same as the Martin offer in dollars. So reverse engineering it, we'd needed them to cough up at least $300,000 a season ($1.5M) to fit him in. So it fits in with what we publicly know about our spare cap space, what Collingwood aren't saying and fits with what journo's are reporting.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 13-11-2020 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Typo
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

7. Thanks Bulldog Joe, Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Does this make Adam the second ex-GWS player to play for us? Yuck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Does this make Adam the second ex-GWS player to play for us? Yuck.
    Adam an his best mate Sam Darley.

10. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Adam an his best mate Sam Darley.
    And Tom Boyd
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

12. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And Josh Bruce. Haha. Okay. So not the second....still yuck.

Thankfully he left in 2015 before things really heated up in that rivalry.

14. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I know he didn't exactly "nominate" us, but I'm hopeful landing Treloar might change our perception a little bit when it comes to attracting outside talent. He's a gun, we've landed him and potentially now we may be viewed as a destination club. Much in the way the saints flipped the script in one offseason after having no-one wanting to go there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    And Tom Boyd
    Oh yeah. How did I forget about that. Probably because I see him as a bulldog only. A premiership winning bulldog. Hopefully Adam follows.

18. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

20. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, Happy Days, kruder, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    As excited as I am about getting another A grade, experienced talent to the club, I hope the club is well advanced in working out how they are going to manage the circumstances of a young man with a wife and small child living interstate.
    I've seen Adam speak many times on TV about his personal life and struggles. He comes across as a sensitive man for whom the responsibilities of being a husband and father sit as very high priorities.
    I really hope the club work to put together a plan to cater for this. I think that will be a critical component to getting the best from Adam.
    It will require plenty of flexibility on our part and a hell of a lot of discipline and commitment on ours.

And any working arrangements we can make with the Queensland Firebirds, for the benefit of both players and both teams, need to be hammered out as a priority.

Any time our fixture lines up nicely with the Firebirds', we need to facilitate time with them.

We might even need to accept that he might need to miss a game a season, maybe even two, to make time for his family, if it means 5 seasons of 20 quality games in return.

On the flip side, it needs to be made clear to Adam that any time he takes with his family WILL be accompanied by appropriate conditioning work.

22. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -