Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Westernbulldogs Adam Treloar

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    It wasn't from a Bulldogs poster
    Must be true then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    There used to be a radio show on 3aw on Sunday nights hosted by a well known priest (Gerard Somebody from memory, the show might have been called Nightline?) in the 1980s and 90s. People would ring up and talk about their problems. Anyway one night a caller started talking about how the cauliflower in the vegetable crisper in his fridge was telling him to kill people. Dear old Gerry didn't miss a beat "if you'd just like to hold the line while we go to a break I'm sure that we can sort this problem out for you" came back from the ad and didn't mention him ever again!
    Father Gerard Dowling. Listened on occasions. Hilarious radio. Think it was 3UZ.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    It wasn't from a Bulldogs poster
    The poster might not be, but whoever passing on the details most likely was.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

4. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    It's not, but the Adam Morgan one is a bit odd.
    Did Adam have the strained tit at the time?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Father Gerard Dowling. Listened on occasions. Hilarious radio. Think it was 3UZ.
    3UZ. You're right it was too.
    Bright eyed and bushy tailed at least for another hour

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    We like to take the piss, but this guy with some luck and continuity could have made a career in footy.
    I know this may sound facetious coming from me, but I wasn't joking. I really did have high hopes for him.

I bumped into him once at JB hi-fi at Knox when he was injured. It was weird because I'm not really a "speak to the players" type of guy. We basically rounded a corner and before I even realised what I was doing I said "hi Morgs".

Can confirm, he was a nice guy.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Looking Good

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

WHY WESTERN BULLDOGS PLAYING GROUP WATCHED TRELOAR'S HIGHLIGHTS TOGETHER

Western Bulldogs young gun Bailey Smith has revealed the entire playing group watched new recruit Adam Treloar’s highlights together as part of an initiation.

Treloar made the high-profile move from Collingwood to the Dogs in the dying seconds of last year’s trade period, after reported salary cap pressure forced him out of the club.

Due to COVID-19 restrictions, players in the first week of pre-season were only able to train in groups of 10.

The change in training conditions meant all of the playing group weren’t able to get together collectively until this week and Smith said he was blown away by what he saw when Treloar’s highlights package was played in front of the entire group on Tuesday.

“He’s a gun really,” he said on Sportsday.

“We watched his highlight package on Tuesday for an initiation, we watched all the boys because we haven’t been able to get together because of COVID.

“We watched it on the green floor, he’s a gun and it’s really exciting to see what he’ll do for the team and he’ll just make everyone go to another level.

“Whenever a good player comes into a side, everyone wants to get to their level or better and it’ll bring up the standard so it’s very exciting.”

Despite requesting a trade to Essendon in the off-season, inside midfielder Josh Dunkley ultimately stayed at the Bulldogs after the Bombers were unwilling to part with two first round draft picks to secure a trade for the contracted Dog.

Smith said the playing group welcomed him back into the fold “with open arms” after the failed trade request.

“I don’t reckon (the trade request will) need to be addressed (too much),” he said.

“We just sort of laugh about it with (Dunkley), he’s that sort of character and an amazing person. We welcome him against I suppose with open arms and there certainly isn’t any malice behind it.

“You take it with a grain of salt, you just give him love again. It isn’t weird, but I suppose it’s so normal these days for players to want to move so you don’t sort of look into it too much.”

Post Thanks / Like

Don't get any ideas that Dunks had Bailey.
    You have a future Captaincy to grow into.
    There are plenty of talented people in the world. As you already know, talent is not enough. Some of the athletes with the most potential never pan out. What separates the good from the great is determination and work ethic.

Post Thanks / Like

Adam Treloar says being open about his mental health came back to bite him at Collingwood

Adam Treloar believes his honesty about his mental health struggles came back to bite him as his time at Collingwood came to an end.

Adam Treloar says being open about his mental health struggles came back to bite him during the shock trade period when he left Collingwood and joined the Western Bulldogs.

Reflecting on the tough time last year, the midfielder said revealing his issues probably worked against him when it emerged his netball star fiance Kim Ravaillion signed with the Queensland Firebirds.

The couple were planning to spend time apart while they each pursued their sporting careers, with Ravaillion taking their baby daughter Georgie with her up north.

“There was probably a little bit of a worry there from people at Collingwood,’’ Treloar tells The Byron Cooke Show podcast.

“For me I feel like when I did come out and speak about challenges I’ve had in my life and things that I’ve struggled with, I didn’t do it for myself. I did it for I guess to show that there are people who are perceived, and me being a professional athlete and playing for a big powerful club in Collingwood like I was at the time. It’s perceived that you have no issues, you got no worries, you’re going and playing out in front of 90,000 people at the MCG every week, but it was polar opposite.

“I clearly had a lot going on in my life and I was struggling with quite a bit.

“I feel like it did come back to I guess bite me a little bit. I think if you were to look into the nitty gritty there’s a lot more other things that went on with me leaving the Collingwood Football Club.

“I definitely think there was something that might have triggered people at Collingwood that Adam won’t be able to cope with Kim and Georgie being away.”

He added: “I feel it played a part but I guess one door opens and another door closes. It was all about Kimmy and the family and how we’re going to make it work for each other. It’s been a whirlwind but I wouldn’t change it for anything.”

Treloar, who played 94 games for the Magpies over five seasons, said he was in a good place and the decision they made as a family didn’t come lightly.

Collingwood admitted Kim’s move was the catalyst for discussion about Treloar’s future.

He also revealed to host Byron Cooke, a former member of FOX FM’s breakfast show, that basketballer Joe Ingles had reached out to offer some advice.

“For a while there (his wife) Renae was in Melbourne and Joe was living in Utah. He actually reached out and gave a lot of support to Kim and I and spoke about how it’s made them stronger and the family — the love and care they have for each other, probably wouldn’t be as strong if it wasn’t for the long distance they had. I know they are together now but it’s something that makes you stronger.”

Kim, who has played 57 games for Australia and previously played Super Netball with Collingwood, is now in Queensland with the Firebirds for training and says her career was somewhat overlooked.

“I guess I was left out of the conversation. It was all, ‘we’ll chat to Kimmy’ but I never heard from anyone. Like Adam said one doors closes, another one opens and we’re both in such a good head space at the moment.”

Post Thanks / Like

People should feel comfortable about getting on the front foot for any MH challenges and being able to talk about it to their employer
    I still think this is more about a realisation by Collingwood that they were in a precarious position with their salary cap than anything else and I'm sure we can work with him to handle any challenges

Once again another example of Collingwood losing its way
    "There are Sharks and Minnows in this World and if you don't know which one you are then you aint a Shark"