Thanks Thanks:  44
Likes Likes:  310
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Westernbulldogs Adam Treloar

Buckley:

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think anyone believes we're getting a flawless player, but a fresh start and some clearer direction from the coaching group might be just what he needs to reach a new level on field. For 600k a year and a future second round pick, it should be well worth it.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeez Bucks, I hope no coach is going through a divorce and informs the board on the wrong day.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

4. Likes bornadog, Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    So how might one interpret this?

'Ads' a little pre-disposed to kick chasing?
    My interpretation would be that Treloar is prone occasionally to 'kick and hope', rather than look for teammates down the field.

It's clearly not the reason he was offloaded and doesn't diminish his significant strengths, but clearly something to be worked through with regard to how he fits in our midfield.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    My interpretation would be that Treloar is prone occasionally to 'kick and hope', rather than look for teammates down the field.

It's clearly not the reason he was offloaded and doesn't diminish his significant strengths, but clearly something to be worked through with regard to how he fits in our midfield.
    Ball watching and not switching over over in defensive transition would be it. Doesn’t mean he isn’t a good player and an asset. Has areas of his game that are not perfect like every player.

Agree that he also does seem happy to get a disposal and “job done” Esther than ensuring he uses it well sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    In hindsight I feel kind of bad for how hard I laughed at this when he did it.

8. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Treloar will flourish under Bevo's coaching style. No reason. But they both are the emotional caring type of person. The coach Adam needs at this stage of his life.

10. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So Collingwood stating clearly that no player should have a wife with career ambitions. Good work Pies. Fits well with having Eddie in charge.

12. Likes Dancin' Douggy, Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Every interview I've watched with Adam has been very impressive. He seems like a genuinely warm honest person. Not guarded, but not bitter either. I was just gobsmacked when I heard the deal had gone through and I'm so happy to have him. I get the feeling he is going to be utterly fired up to get the absolute best out of himself too. Long before this saga unfolded and long before I had any idea he would end up being a bulldog, I heard him interviewed about Kim going to play netball in QLD and what it would mean for HIS career. He said something along the lines of ....." I honestly wish we were talking about her not me....... this is about her achievements"........ something like that anyway.

I remember being quite impressed at the time. I hope we can hijack the Treloar/Ravaillon gene pool too. Looks like there's a little identical Adam fresh off the assembly line already.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Every interview I've watched with Adam has been very impressive. He seems like a genuinely warm honest person. Not guarded, but not bitter either. I was just gobsmacked when I heard the deal had gone through and I'm so happy to have him. I get the feeling he is going to be utterly fired up to get the absolute best out of himself too. Long before this saga unfolded and long before I had any idea he would end up being a bulldog, I heard him interviewed about Kim going to play netball in QLD and what it would mean for HIS career. He said something along the lines of ....." I honestly wish we were talking about her not me....... this is about her achievements"........ something like that anyway.

I remember being quite impressed at the time. I hope we can hijack the Treloar/Ravaillon gene pool too. Looks like there's a little identical Adam fresh off the assembly line already.
    He has a daughter doesn't he?

I was really angry at Murdoch press calling Kim a WAG. Kim is an international athlete and has achieved a lot in netball, and those goons refer to her as a WAG.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Do they have a daughter? Oops my mistake. Jeez she looks exactly like him. Well she still may turn out to be a good father/daughter.
    And yeah, how pathetic to call her a WAG.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Do they have a daughter? Oops my mistake. Jeez she looks exactly like him. Well she still may turn out to be a good father/daughter.
    And yeah, how pathetic to call her a WAG.
    Yes daughter Georgie.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.afl.com.au/news/525567

What's the go here? How can a trade be finalised without ALL the financial terms already agreed to? What sort of tin pot amateur hour competition is this?

I wonder how the AFEL will makey uppey their way to a resolution on this issue.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    https://www.afl.com.au/news/525567

What's the go here? How can a trade be finalised without ALL the financial terms already agreed to? What sort of tin pot amateur hour competition is this?

I wonder how the AFEL will makey uppey their way to a resolution on this issue.
    Oh crikey. This could be bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Well if that isn't the worst faith negotiating from the filth that I've ever seen.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -