Thanks Thanks:  44
Likes Likes:  310
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Westernbulldogs Adam Treloar

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    He's a great character with integrity, unfortunately he hasn't been treated as such in recent weeks.

I thought his interview was fantastic and I love that he's so open and honest. He can be both upset/disappointed by what transpired at Collingwood and excited for his future with us, and I think the interview really shows both sides of that.
    Either a bloody good actor or you're absolutely spot on.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Super interview. Thought he came across as very honest, open and passionate. Hope he comes to love our club as much as he did Collingwood.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like a ripping guy. He’ll put his 100% into his time at the dogs and send the pill down to Nauuuughton with outrageous regularity.

Getting excited for next season already.

Post Thanks / Like

i never use to think much of Adam, as he played for the Pies. After watching this interview on AFL360, I really felt for the guy.

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Collingwood have really stuffed up haven't they:

Collingwood Magpies blame trade debacle on Adam Treloar's fiancee Kim Ravaillion

Nothing to do with a 5 year contract at $900k
    The pies are bitter that they over paid for a player and trying to find terrible excuses, and it cost them 2 first round picks . now they have a salary cap problem, with some of their young players going to demand more money like Moore, Daicos and Brown when they start to dominate

If they had won the premiership I guess that 900k p.a may be treated something differently. I kinda find it ironic that we paid Boyd more and they media were scathing about it.Not surprised by the double standards

Welcome to the club Adam . Play your heart out for us and we will always love you as a player

I look forward to your first game especially when you smash the pies

Travis cloak could share the sentiment and eagerly watch your first game. I still remember his first goal for us against the Pies .

I still reckon Travis was a good pickup and if the thug Ziebel had not broken his ribs we would have gotten a good 2 years out of him

We now have another A grade midfielder. The opposition are going To be scared how they going to compete with : Bonts, Macrae, Libba, smith , no more Rucking dunks, and hunter . If Lipinksi and Vandermeer step up its going to be very exciting. And all being fed by Martin and English
    Last edited by macca; 15-11-2020 at 02:37 AM.

6. Likes Grantysghost, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard his SEN interview and it was about winning , he is driven to win , his mention of our midfield also are a midfield he sees winning a flag, which seems part of the reason he came to us.
    Love the thought that top tier opposition players rank our midfield as one of the best , I think that is a huge statement because it comes from players not the media or supporters.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Macca-totally agree about Travis Cloke. I think he a heap to offer and showed it in the little time he had with us before that thug from North did the despicable.

It is clear Adam will do his utmost and our club are welcoming him with open arms. Love the fact he is so honest - disarmingly so in this age of cliched and empty responses to media questions- not that most of the media deserve reasoned answers seeing as most of them are drivel. Although we supporters deserve better from media which in turn would lead to more in depth answers.
    Last edited by josie; 14-11-2020 at 02:24 PM.

9. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I think we must have gotten into Treloar's ear early and sold the vision so it become us or the Pies.

Power was interviewed on Trade Radio last week and was very effusive in his praise of AT which might have been a hint at what was going on behind the scenes.
    I think it's a bit more than that, we are a very 'family' orientated club where the coach puts a huge emphasis on relationships and feelings with players, not JUST training. Knowing Treloars history, we needs a coach that can be that 'nice guy' 'pat on the back' 'father' type as opposed to a stiff-upper lip type (yes, Collingwood, looking at you).

I feel we'll see the best of Treloar in years to come, because of the environment change and incredibly positive coaching style.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

11. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This will sting a bit for Pies fans getting one for Christmas.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post

This will sting a bit for Pies fans getting one for Christmas.
    That's just crying out for someone who has much better Photoshop skills than me to put a tricolour on Adam. The splash of colour would look great among all that black and white.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

14. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post

I still reckon Travis was a good pickup and if the thug Ziebel had not broken his ribs we would have gotten a good 2 years out of him
    I still don't understand (or can believe) that pretty much the entire footy world just shrugged it's shoulders over that and said "oh well fair enough, geez Ziebull's a good bloke."

FFS what part of him breaking a blokes ribs from behind did they not see? I came as closed to walking away from the game over that as I ever had. Just a despicable thing to do. And Ziebull got 2 weeks, was it? Should have been the rest of the year.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

16. Likes macca, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    The pies are bitter that they over paid for a player and trying to find terrible excuses, and it cost them 2 first round picks . now they have a salary cap problem, with some of their young players going to demand more money like Moore, Daicos and Brown when they start to dominate

If they had won the premiership I guess that 900k p.a may be treated something differently. I kinda find it ironic that we paid Boyd more and they media were scathing about it.Not surprised by the double standards

Welcome to the club Adam . Play your heart out for us and we will always love you as a player

I look forward to your first game especially when you smash the pies

Travis cloak could share the sentiment and eagerly watch your first game. I still remember his first goal for us against the Pies .

We now have another A grade midfielder. The opposition are going To be scared how they going to compete with : Bonts, Libba, smith , no more Rucking dunks, and hunter . If Lipinksi and vandermerr step up its going to be very exciting. And all being fed by Martin and English
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

18. Thanks macca thanked for this post
    Likes Twodogs, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    That's just crying out for someone who has much better Photoshop skills than me to put a tricolour on Adam. The splash of colour would look great among all that black and white.
    Possibly a knife in the back from Pendles?

20. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had a few days to process this trade and I'm pumped to have Treloar added to our midfield mix.
    He will help add some much needed pace to our mix.

We now have two burst players in Smith and Treloar who love to attack the goals.

The other great thing is when Treloar gets the ball he doesn't go sideways, backwards - only forward! We certainly need more of that in our team especially forward of the centre. Only really Bontempelli and Smith have this trait.

I heard Rob Harding speak on SEN yesterday and he said dogs now have a real ability to play a midfield mix of 7 players rotating through the middle and forward similar to what we had in 2016 which gave us a real competitive advantage.

Exciting times.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

22. Likes GVGjr, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Possibly a knife in the back from Pendles?
    And Sidebottom with no shirt on?