Thanks Thanks:  44
Likes Likes:  310
Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Westernbulldogs Adam Treloar

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Just noticed this on the HUN

Collingwood and the Western Bulldogs remain significantly apart over a resolution to the Adam Treloar contract dispute.

Figures close to the standoff say the Dogs are adamant they will not be paying Treloar a cent more than a “watertight” five-year, $600,000-a-season contract agreed with the cast-off Magpies midfielder.

It would mean Treloar is still owed $300,000 a year — or $1.5 million — under the terms of his original Magpies contract.

But Collingwood insists the Bulldogs agreed to further negotiations over who would pay what to Treloar after the trade went through, which the Bulldogs absolutely dispute.

Treloar was traded to the kennel along with picks 26, 33 and 42 in exchange for the Dogs’ No.14 pick and a future second-round selection.

The Dogs are confident any money owed above and beyond Treloar’s new arrangement at the Whitten Oval is simply a matter for Collingwood.

The only concession the Western Bulldogs did offer Collingwood during the frantic final days of the trade period, one figure said, was an offer to front-end some of Treloar’s wages in his new contract to assist the Magpies with management of their salary cap.

But if Collingwood’s position is right, the Bulldogs effectively agreed to a trade for Treloar without knowing how much they would pay him.

The clubs agreed to the trade one minute before the AFL exchange period deadline.

But no paperwork outlining any financial details has been lodged with the AFL by either club.

Attempts by Collingwood to push back on payments owed to Treloar will inflame an already bitterly strained relationship with the player after the messy mishandling of the midfielder’s departure.

The AFL is yet to become embroiled in the negotiations.

The clubs held amicable talks on Thursday and have been given extra time before Treloar’s full financial arrangements must be submitted.
    The day after he was traded, Treloar revealed how hurt he was by Collingwood’s treatment of him at the end of the 2020 season.

The Western Bulldogs recruit said he was shocked to be told by Magpies coach Nathan Buckley that teammates did not want him, given the strong relationships he had built across five seasons at Collingwood.

“To be told that, when I don’t think that’s the truth, and to be told that there’s some players that don’t want you there when I know the majority of the players love me and care for me, that did hurt a bit,” he said.

“But they were adamant on moving me on, so no matter how they were going to go about it, it was going to happen. It was a fight up until the end, because I wanted to be at Collingwood.”

They truly are scum for putting him through this. I hope someone holds Bucks and Eddie accountable for this mess of a situation.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Adam’s player manager better have his professional indemnity insurance paid up. The gap could end up being funded by the insurer subject to where this all lands...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Adam’s player manager better have his professional indemnity insurance paid up. The gap could end up being funded by the insurer subject to where this all lands...
    It can't end up being paid by the manager

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    You can’t claim on that for gross human error. If he’s made the mistake that’s being implied then I’m thinking he might not be in the parasite business too much longer.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Copied from SEN Twitter :

Sam Edmund: "The Adam Treloar pay dispute between Collingwood and the Western Bulldogs is complex and as of yesterday, it's still a genuine stalemate."
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Is this a first time something like this has happened? Or do we only hear about it these days?

Seems hard to fathom.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Copied from SEN Twitter :

Sam Edmund: "The Adam Treloar pay dispute between Collingwood and the Western Bulldogs is complex and as of yesterday, it's still a genuine stalemate."
    I do hope that Jon Ralph's twitter version just now is correct and how it plays out for us:

@RalphyHeraldSun · 2h
    Such a messy off-season on multiple fronts. On the Treloar situation the Dogs are adamant they have always been clear what they would pay him and his management will need to work with the Pies to get the extra 300K or so a year. https://heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/n...bc16a95f42f6f2

Post Thanks / Like

Taking emotion out of it, it's an interesting test case. In my masters I studied sports related contract law issues, some afl ones, which were interesting. This one could well make the syllabus at this rate. Dogs say they have a iron clad contract. Collingwood allege the same. The AFEL accepted the initial trade contract, and now delaying a finalised contract. The player's manager is managing two competing contracts for his player, and maybe trying to save his contract with his employer. Treloar is clearly not going back and playing for us. But his entitlements beyond our contract and who has the liability for the balance of his old contract value is interesting. Why the AFEL won't mediate it or put a deadline on it is curious at best.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Taking emotion out of it, it's an interesting test case. In my masters I studied sports related contract law issues, some afl ones, which were interesting. This one could well make the syllabus at this rate. Dogs say they have a iron clad contract. Collingwood allege the same. The AFEL accepted the initial trade contract, and now delaying a finalised contract. The player's manager is managing two competing contracts for his player, and maybe trying to save his contract with his employer. Treloar is clearly not going back and playing for us. But his entitlements beyond our contract and who has the liability for the balance of his old contract value is interesting. Why the AFEL won't mediate it or put a deadline on it is curious at best.
    I think the money paid is agreed on it’s just how the pies want to pay it each year.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I think the money paid is agreed on it’s just how the pies want to pay it each year.
    There is conflicting reports but you might be right.

Post Thanks / Like

Langdon just retired I wonder if that was a move to sort this mess out.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

BULLDOGS PRESIDENT PROVIDES UPDATE ON TRELOAR, COLLINGWOOD NEGOTIATIONS

Western Bulldogs president Peter Gordon is entirely confident his club and Collingwood will work out the financial aspect of Adam Treloar’s contract.

The two clubs are yet to determine who will be paying what percentage of the midfielder’s five-year contract after a trade was worked out on deadline day.

SEN Chief Reporter Sam Edmund reported last week that the two clubs were haggling over as much as $300,000 of Treloar’s contract per year.

Gordon however is comfortable with where things sit.

“It’s hardly as if you can be documenting each exchange in triplicate when there’s three minutes to go and you’re trying to do deals,” Gordon told SEN Mornings.

“It’s one thing to argue that critique about detail and another thing to look at the achievement of all parties that it actually got done under the pressure that was achieved.

“I think it is a mistake especially for young players to try and blitz the trade period. You make mistakes if you go in with the idea of humiliating the other side and knocking it out of the park.

“I think that a slow and steady approach to building your list is important and the ability to say no is important.

“I think all of those things came to the fore. The trade got made, it was a good trade and in everyone’s interest.

“When you’ve got clubs like the Bulldogs and Collingwood, we’ve got a very good relationship from the president down in each club, we understand each other’s problems, we understand the sort of inconsistencies that go on.

“We’ll sort out the detail with Collingwood in relation to that and we’ll all get on with our lives.
    “I think people just need to understand it’s the industry.

“It’s not (resolved yet), but it will be. You’ve got two clubs that respect each other and a player both clubs respect … and a deal got done in extraordinary circumstances and sensible heads will prevail and we’ll do a deal.”

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

An outstanding response from Gordon especially when compared to Ed's.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree it was a clever response. But he danced around it like he has no f'€ing idea what will happen. Maybe thats the truth. Maybe thats legit for the situation as it unfolded. Still cant see how a deal gets officially done without details. Or is it indeed . Not officially done. Just another afel grey area.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dukedog View Post
    I agree it was a clever response. But he danced around it like he has no f'€ing idea what will happen. Maybe thats the truth. Maybe thats legit for the situation as it unfolded. Still cant see how a deal gets officially done without details. Or is it indeed . Not officially done. Just another afel grey area.
    Agree - his wording is that of a man sitting on an iron clad contact it’s someone appealing for good will and offering the same.

Interested to see where this lands. Surely the trade submission paperwork includes the incoming players salary - if it does and it’s accepted by the AFL then the liability doesn’t sit with us.