Thanks Thanks:  44
Likes Likes:  310
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Westernbulldogs Adam Treloar

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I suspect that the figures being mentioned are vastly closer to the 300K a season average than what the Age have reported but there has to be a fair chance we have conceded a bit otherwise there wouldn't have been any delays with getting the deal completed earlier.

It really doesn't matter now, Treloar will be playing with us, the Pies will be contributing a substantial amount and the challenge for the footy department is to come up with one of the strongest and productive midfield units in the competition.
    Yes this is pretty much the way I read it too. Even at 650 say, it's a very good outcome. Agree with all the above posts.

Post Thanks / Like

"Not a cent over $600k" and "Pies will pay $1m" aren't necessarily incompatible statements. Maybe Treloar took a haircut?

At any rate, if the first report is correct and we're covering his entire salary this season, it could actually be a pretty prudent move from us. Will give us a little bit of extra cap room to re-sign some of the big fish when they come out of contract in the next few years.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    "Not a cent over $600k" and "Pies will pay $1m" aren't necessarily incompatible statements. Maybe Treloar took a haircut?

At any rate, if the first report is correct and we're covering his entire salary this season, it could actually be a pretty prudent move from us. Will give us a little bit of extra cap room to re-sign some of the big fish when they come out of contract in the next few years.
    And maybe the AFL helped close the gap or Treloar's management group waived their normal fee and the most likely scenario is that everyone conceded a bit to help clean up the mess.
    We are unlikely to know just how this played out but given the differences in what has been reported supporters of all parties have had a win depending on what article they choose to accept.
    At the moment Bulldog fans think we got him at a bargain, the Pies supporters might have received a face saving 500K concession and from a players perspective or people who believe in the theory that a contract is a contract Treloar hasn't lost a cent.
    Perhaps it's just that a win, win...win outcome has been manufactured.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    And maybe the AFL helped close the gap or Treloar's management group waived their normal fee and the most likely scenario is that everyone conceded a bit to help clean up the mess.
    We are unlikely to know just how this played out but given the differences in what has been reported supporters of all parties have had a win depending on what article they choose to accept.
    At the moment Bulldog fans think we got him at a bargain, the Pies supporters might have received a face saving 500K concession and from a players perspective or people who believe in the theory that a contract is a contract Treloar hasn't lost a cent.
    Perhaps it's just that a win, win...win outcome has been manufactured.
    we actually don’t know if his total salary is $900 k per annum. Most of the estimates are from media reports
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad it’s done - no more distractions and on with business we go.

6. Likes Eastdog, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Reading between the lines, the deal was done before the salary cap was finalised, the deal as it stood would have put the Pies over the cap, they renegotiated and didn't get more money from us but got us to front end our bit
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

8. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Glad it’s done - no more distractions and on with business we go.
    Yep my exact same thoughts.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting take from BF. Sounds legit.
    Third hand from someone involved in trade week.

The dogs played the game well, they told Dunkley he was free to talk to Bombers in the hopes Bombers would pay a big price, but knowing they probably would not come to the party(as usual).

Dunkley then says if I deal can be done I will go to bombers, knowing that it was a high chance that a deal would not eventuate to the Dogs liking and that he’d remain at whitten oval.

Deal was never going to be done, Bombers got tied up trying to pry Dunkley out. Dogs got their man(Treloar) without any interference from Bombers. Dunkley more than happy to stay.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

11. Thanks Sedat thanked for this post
    Likes Twodogs, KT31, BornInDroopSt'54, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Reckon someone is looking at it with red, white and blue glasses. I highly doubt we planned it to go how it did and just took advantage of how the cards fell.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there anything else that makes you trust them particularly? Post history etc?

Post Thanks / Like

Aside from what we already knew, the only bit of information that is new is that EFC didn't put any time into Treloar because they were busy on the Dunkley trade (and other trades I presume).

Not completely implausible.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

15. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Aside from what we already knew, the only bit of information that is new is that EFC didn't put any time into Treloar because they were busy on the Dunkley trade (and other trades I presume).

Not completely implausible.
    The Treloar/Collingwood debacle didn't begin until after Essendon had publicly gone after Dunkley too. They couldn't really 'back out' and go for Treloar at that point.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon the Saints wouldn’t have minded missing Crouch for Treloar too.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Woof woof.

Good story, but let’s not grow Sam Powers brand any further.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Reckon someone is looking at it with red, white and blue glasses. I highly doubt we planned it to go how it did and just took advantage of how the cards fell.
    It wasn't from a Bulldogs poster
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers