Thanks Thanks:  44
Likes Likes:  310
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Westernbulldogs Adam Treloar

I hope once this week is over, we never hear about his split with Collingwood again. He's a Dogs player now, no more tears on TV about how much he loves his old club.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Likes Max469, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I hope once this week is over, we never hear about his split with Collingwood again. He's a Dogs player now, no more tears on TV about how much he loves his old club.
    Me too.
    Treloar said as much on AFL360, when Robbo put that too him.
    He hopes that after this game, that is the end of it.
    I want to hear only about how much the Dogs os his home, and that he loves it here.

4. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Me too.
    Treloar said as much on AFL360, when Robbo put that too him.
    He hopes that after this game, that is the end of it.
    I want to hear only about how much the Dogs os his home, and that he loves it here.
    Watch the Collingwood Crowd Boo him everytime he goes near the ball - that will change his tune about the Pies.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Watch the Collingwood Crowd Boo him everytime he goes near the ball - that will change his tune about the Pies.
    I honestly don't think they will. Pretty much every pies fan I heard from were pissed at the club for what they did to Adam. In fact, they may even cheer him at least initially.

Post Thanks / Like

Getting sick of it yeah.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I honestly don't think they will. Pretty much every pies fan I heard from were pissed at the club for what they did to Adam. In fact, they may even cheer him at least initially.
    I agree. The Collingwood people I know have all said they hope he tears them a new one in Round 1!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Getting sick of it yeah.
    We knew this was part of the deal when we got involved and I can cop it during the build up to the game but once it's done, that's it. No more crying, no more angry quotes from his partner, just straight bat any questions and move on.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

10. Likes Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We knew this was part of the deal when we got involved and I can cop it during the build up to the game but once it's done, that's it. No more crying, no more angry quotes from his partner, just straight bat any questions and move on.
    Agreed needs to be all Bulldogs from here.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

He was a guest on the Barkly Street podcast yesterday with Bob and Eastern.

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...6-adam-treloar

Was interesting to hear that the last couple of years at Collingwood he played at 91kg but has come down to 84kg now. Certainly would be less likely to get injured having 7kg less to lug around for 15km/game.

13. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post

Was interesting to hear that the last couple of years at Collingwood he played at 91kg but has come down to 84kg now. Certainly would be less likely to get injured having 7kg less to lug around for 15km/game.
    He's officially listed at 184cm and 89kgs. 91kgs sounds much too heavy for a midfielder of his height, it's almost as much as Bont who is officially 193cm and 93kg.

He seems to have benefited from more of an outside role for us. Mick McGuane on the top recruits of the season so far (Stef is number 2):

5. Adam Treloar (Western Bulldogs)

I have to eat humble pie on this one.

Salary cap issues aside, I thought Collingwood moving on Treloar was the right decision.

However, the 2021 version of Treloar has been significantly better than the 2020 version, the Bulldogs having struck gold.

He has accepted his new primary role at the Bulldogs and hasn’t he blossomed because of that.

Finding the footy has never been an issue for Treloar, but his ball use at Collingwood — especially in 2020 — was questionable.

His outside game has returned and his scoreboard impact has never been greater.

He is averaging a goal a game (up from 0.1 goals a game in 2020), and 7.4 score involvements (up from 4.2).

A contested ball winner at Collingwood, Treloar does not looked as banged up in his new outside run-and-carry role.

Link

15. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post

You can also see vision through youtube.

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    You can also see vision through youtube.

He looked a little non plussed at trying to get a word in edgeways with Bob and Easton who really need to settle down and not have so many in-jokes in their roles.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

18. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    He looked a little non plussed at trying to get a word in edgeways with Bob and Easton who really need to settle down and not have so many in-jokes in their roles.
    It's a totally unprofessional set-up by Easton & Murf with the constant talking over each other... extremely hard to listen to.

Post Thanks / Like

So back to trade week, the rumours of Treloar leaving were swirling. It seems Treloar toured with Bevo just before everything went public. Power had his price in mind. But leaving all that aside, do you think Treloar is on par or ahead of the expectations?

We would’ve been thinking mixing inside with outside, but he’s doing that while going at nearly (averages) 27 touches, 4 tackles, 3 marks, 1 goal, 1 behind, 1 goal assist. Plus the way he’s scored his goals on the run and his burst speed.

At a guess, is this what Power was thinking in the trade period (high expectations and meeting them) or is the overall package better than we could’ve thought?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    So back to trade week, the rumours of Treloar leaving were swirling. It seems Treloar toured with Bevo just before everything went public. Power had his price in mind. But leaving all that aside, do you think Treloar is on par or ahead of the expectations?

We would’ve been thinking mixing inside with outside, but he’s doing that while going at nearly (averages) 27 touches, 4 tackles, 3 tackles, 1 goal, 1 behind, 1 goal assist. Plus the way he’s scored his goals on the run and his burst speed.

At a guess, is this what Power was thinking in the trade period (high expectations and meeting them) or is the overall package better than we could’ve thought?
    Has been way, way better than expected.