Thanks Thanks:  44
Likes Likes:  310
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Westernbulldogs Adam Treloar

Treloar’s gotta whatever that game out of existence. He played terribly, we won, he’s still a complete and utter superstar gun at AFL and will get a chance to underline that next weekend.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

His body language after the math wasn't great, could be the anxiety. If you've ever heard of something called imposter syndrome then it's something where you start judging yourself and thinking that you don't deserve it and that someone else deserves it more. It can be pretty brutal for people with anxiety and I'm sure that Treloar is very much down on himself at the moment.

3. Likes bornadog, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    His body language after the math wasn't great, could be the anxiety. If you've ever heard of something called imposter syndrome then it's something where you start judging yourself and thinking that you don't deserve it and that someone else deserves it more. It can be pretty brutal for people with anxiety and I'm sure that Treloar is very much down on himself at the moment.
    It's a good point. Hopefully we get around him because he's a jet.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    It's a good point. Hopefully we get around him because he's a jet.
    I’m sure we will.

It would be extremely hard for a player in Adam’s situation with the personal issues he faces to be on the road with a new team and feel like he let his new team-mates down by not performing well, but he had some good moments and the rest of the boys pulled us through.

We get another chance this week and I’m sure Adam will perform to the level he’s shown in the past.

6. Likes EasternWest, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Going to throw a theory out there regarding Treloar tonight.

I wonder if being so close to his partner and child tonight and yet but being able to actually physically see them got into his head.

He'd be struggling more than anyone on our list with the border closures and quarantine arrangements right now.
    Not sure about that, as this was a week ago in Tassie…

"I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Word floating around a few dogs circles is Kim wants to stay in Brisbane for the foreseeable future.

If it is the case, puts Adz in a weird situation.

Honestly tho, wouldn't blame her if it is legit, Melbourne is not the place to be at the moment..
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Going to throw a theory out there regarding Treloar tonight.

I wonder if being so close to his partner and child tonight and yet but being able to actually physically see them got into his head.

He'd be struggling more than anyone on our list with the border closures and quarantine arrangements right now.
    I was actually thinking the same thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I was actually thinking the same thing.
    His partner was at the Tassie game from what I can tell via social media. I doubt his non efforts on the weekend were anything related to off field, much more likely his body isn’t perfect and he’s lost confidence. Also playing out of position makes it hard to catch fire but also no excuse for some of the efforts he put up.

I hope we see him play more dedicated minutes in the middle because he’s a liability forward.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Word floating around a few dogs circles is Kim wants to stay in Brisbane for the foreseeable future.

Honestly tho, wouldn't blame her if it is legit, Melbourne is not the place to be at the moment..
    She was named the Firebirds MVP in her comeback season so it might make sense that she wanted to keep playing for a few more years
    https://supernetball.com.au/news/kim...birds-2021-mvp

Im almost certain Adam will bounce back to his best shortly and I dont imagine he will be looking to move footy clubs again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    His partner was at the Tassie game from what I can tell via social media. I doubt his non efforts on the weekend were anything related to off field, much more likely his body isn’t perfect and he’s lost confidence. Also playing out of position makes it hard to catch fire but also no excuse for some of the efforts he put up.

I hope we see him play more dedicated minutes in the middle because he’s a liability forward.
    Yeah I’m pretty sure you’re right, just a thought. Definitely agree about his issues forward.

Post Thanks / Like

He was really good against the Dons and honestly there was only one poor non-effort; couldn’t help but notice Kane-o saw fit to overlook his big run down tackle at CHF that Baz turned over.

I’m not not concerned but think there’s more of a chance of a week one game than a week two game, ya know?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

It's also interesting that Dunkley hasn't signed yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Doesn't he have another year to run on his deal anyway? We'll probably never know because there's no easy way to tell, these things normally just creep up on us.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

16. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post

Yeah but that's going to change soon. Once the Gov get their vax numbers there won't be anymore lockdowns. Treloar just looked like he lost his shape against the Lions. A number of times he's clearly trying not to get sucked into going hard at the ball carrier and defend space but McCluggage was too good for him a few times. It happens.

I agree he looked frustrated I wonder whether more midfield time will help with Bont forward? I'm a bit worried about him defensively.

18. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    He's contracted until the end of 2022.. and he's fully engaged mate. Just look at his response on the siren and tell me he wants to leave.. Not a *!*!*!*!ing chance.

Adz had a shit game on the weekend.. the 1/2 chances didn't fall his way and he showed his disappointment at not being able to get in the game a little too much, but he made some important contributions when we needed it.

Lots of cuddles this week and hopefully some early ball on Saturday night to get his confidence up... he's going to be super important for us to win and I'm confident he'll play his part.