Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rating the 2020 Trade Period

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Kept Schache and Lew Young as well
    Agree. I was shocked they weren’t moved on. Big preseasons required
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

The Age is reporting that AFL are considering a brief trade period before the draft. Get ****ed I say.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    The Age is reporting that AFL are considering a brief trade period before the draft. Get ****ed I say.
    https://amp.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...mpression=true
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Has it been confirmed how much of Treloar’s annual salary the Pies are covering?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    $1,500,000 in total ($300,000 a year)
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Thanks. Where was that confirmed? Or is it just hearsay?
    That’s what we were asking for, I don’t think anybody outside those involved know what the final agreement was.

Post Thanks / Like

Foxsports ratings

WINNERS

Western Bulldogs – Wow. The Dogs have kept Josh Dunkley AND brought in Adam Treloar. It is a monumental effort. They offloaded a bunch of picks to get Treloar, but given the points they’re after for Jamarra Ugle-Hagan in the draft, they really traded a future second-round pick for Adam Treloar. It is a brilliant piece of trading by Sam Power and the Dogs. Josh Dunkley wants more midfield minutes, so it’s going to be intriguing to see how that works now that Treloar is on board. Another smart move by the Dogs was holding Dunkley to his contract – they know he’s the ultimate professional and won’t kick up a stink. They also brought in Mitch Hannan, who some in the know rate very highly, along with Stefan Martin who will be crucial to the development of Tim English. A flying success.
    WESTERN BULLDOGS

Who left: Lachie Young (North Melbourne, trade)

Who arrived: Mitch Hannan (Melbourne, trade), Stefan Martin (Brisbane Lions, trade), Adam Treloar (Collingwood, trade)

Draft picks owned: 26, 33, 41, 42, 54, 90

David King says: “I just wonder in five years’ time, if we’ll look back at the opportunity to get back up to Pick 2 or Pick 3. They’ve missed that chance, they’ve chosen Treloar instead of that option. They’ve done a great job with the list for 2021, but for the list for 2026? I’m not being negative on them at all - Hannan’s a great get, Treloar’s gonna be a star for them and Martin, they needed some ruck help. But have they solved the forward 50 problem?”

Grade: A
    It always seems impossible until it's done. Nelson Mandela

Post Thanks / Like

Its sublime. As good a feeling we've had since the Boyd saga.

Martin signals a change in plans re: ruck, which is a relief and might get me off Bevo's back.
    Dunkley stays, at the expense of Essendon's dignity. Fantastic.
    Picks do their job, with JUH on the way.

Post Thanks / Like

King's analysis is absurd. In what universe did we have the chance to get pick 2 or 3 when Essendon were offering us pick 7 and a future 2nd at the absolute most.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

8. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

King's analysis is absurd. In what universe did we have the chance to get pick 2 or 3 when Essendon were offering us pick 7 and a future 2nd at the absolute most.
    Talks about pick 2/3 but then finishes off by asking about our forward line?? Makes no sense. We’ve got JUH coming in the draft as our forward. Thank god we have the mighty Sam Power running our list and not this clueless muppet.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Sammy is on holidays then so no issues
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

He's right though, we've missed the chance at getting into the top 2 or 3 and a real chance at getting Ugle-Hagan.

Wait.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

12. Likes strebla, bulldogtragic, kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Has anyone heard from TBB?
    Sam just ordered the fillet mignon and I've asked for a bottle of Footscray's finest.

Can someone deliver dinner to my wife at home?
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

I've had some decent time away from the forum but I had to come back just to say this:

Holy mother of God, that was *!*!*!*!ing incredible.

For Sam Power to hold his nerve at the death, secure a trade for Treloar that puts us in an even better position to secure JUH, add ruck depth and bring Hannan back to the club, simply incredible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I've had some decent time away from the forum but I had to come back just to say this:

Holy mother of God, that was *!*!*!*!ing incredible.

For Sam Power to hold his nerve at the death, secure a trade for Treloar that puts us in an even better position to secure JUH, add ruck depth and bring Hannan back to the club, simply incredible.
    Haven't been this pumped about the Dogs since October 2016.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Sam just ordered the fillet mignon and I've asked for a bottle of Footscray's finest.

Can someone deliver dinner to my wife at home?
    ON the way

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

17. Thanks The Bulldogs Bite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My initial thoughts mirror many here: it was a super trade period and Sam Power has done an amazing job to bring in who he has, without giving up almost anything, and strengthening (not compromising) our position to get JUH (without having to pay for it well into 2021's picks).

BUT...

...When the dust settles, I think this draft period is going to mean so much more. I think today could become another part of the rich tapestry of line in the sand moments for our club.

We have precariously trapezed the precipice of extinction. We have fought through crippling debt and a 'Grapes of Wrath' competition skewed to position the big clubs; in it's desperate, short-sighted grab for quick cash. We've fought against red tape, inequity, condescension.

We've been here before not so long ago and predictably buckled at the hands of Dodoro. We've had to convince ourselves we've done ok while simultaneously watching him smiling down the barrel of the camera at our expense.

Not today. Today we drew a line in the sand and sounded out a warning that we will not allow anyone to walk into our house, wipe their muddy shoes on the floor, try to take what is ours and somehow expect us to pay for the privilege. I admit I was coming around to the idea of getting a pair of first-rounders to trade up to #2, but at what cost? The entitled vultures would surely continue to circle down in greater numbers, armed with promises of brighter marquee lights and surf coast allotments.

I think keeping Dunkley is going to mean so much more in days to come, but even today I think it added some extra sting to the punch.

Get out of our house.