Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  35
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naughton to Fullback, English Full forward

I guess my arm could be twisted.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

What’s the chances of Bevo trialling Bruce down back against the big forwards? He gets his hands to the ball but can’t catch so why not stick the big fist up?

I like the thought of Bont forward and roaming but with Naughtythere too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I guess my arm could be twisted.
    I will never understand why anyone would think moving the most dynamic forward I have seen playing for Footscray in 35+ years into defence. I simply don't get it.

Stick your match-winners in the forward half. He's probably played < 30 senior games forward...and has had a couple when he has looked simply unstoppable. U-N-S-T-O-P-P-A-B-L-E.

Kick it to Aaron and get the hell out of the way should be the basis of our game plan.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

It is tempting, he is an asset where ever we put him.

English can spend some more time forward, but I think with Naughts we have a generational forward talent. Take care of business up the field and he will be incredibly damaging for a long time. Bruce is going to have to be in absolute sublime form to warrant a move I think. Or Schache, who has been harshly treated IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I will never understand why anyone would think moving the most dynamic forward I have seen playing for Footscray in 35+ years into defence. I simply don't get it.

Stick your match-winners in the forward half. He's probably played < 30 senior games forward...and has had a couple when he has looked simply unstoppable. U-N-S-T-O-P-P-A-B-L-E.

Kick it to Aaron and get the hell out of the way should be the basis of our game plan.
    Because our defence is putrid.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    BTW, is this the first time in ~45,000 posts that BAD has changed his mind?
    Reluctantly yes. for discussion purposes, and to see what the backline should look like

Naughton is a super star in the making and we need him both ends.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Naughton stays forward. I'm firmly of the opinion that if a guy can be an elite CHF then he should be one, just because he could also be an elite CHB.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

8. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We really need one of Cordy (24yo), Le Young (21yo), Gardner (23yo) or Trengrove (30yo, if he's around) to have a cracking pre season. Get as fit as they've ever been, work on their positioning and body work, and build muscle. Agility and acceleration should also be a focus for all of them. If one of them can do a Bailey Williams, we are much stronger.

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly still want to see Naughton in our forward line, he still has that swagger and skill that are required from forwards, combo of him + JUH + Bruce is scary.

Will be interesting to see what group he trains with over the pre-season.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

11. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Naughts has had a few interruptions to his young career to date which has made it difficult for him to be consistent. I really hope he has a good run at it this year as a key forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I'm actually starting to think you're not keen on Bruce.
    He's no Matty Suckling that's for sure.

14. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would we want Naughton in the backline when we have Gardner there ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

Couldn’t agree more. It’s not like he’s only “ok” at his best up forward. When he’s on, it’s a freak show.

We need to fix defence but no way our team is better with Naughton down back and Bruce the main man up forward.

Astro needs to sort the set shots out though.

17. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Couldn’t agree more. It’s not like he’s only “ok” at his best up forward. When he’s on, it’s a freak show.

We need to fix defence but no way our team is better with Naughton down back and Bruce the main man up forward.

Astro needs to sort the set shots out though.
    He'll never fix his set shots, though. His kicking is what it is, a 50/50 proposition (at best).

19. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree 100%. Naughts to be our long term CHB and Jamarra our forward. Fixes alot but also leaves a bit of an unproven forward line.

Also heard that Naughts wants to play CHB but I don't know the validity of this.