Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  35
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naughton to Fullback, English Full forward

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    In the elimination final Wallis took 1 mark, Bruce took 1 ( and if I remember correctly it was on the backline). Naughton had 1 possession in the first 3 quarters. Players who are in the team to kick goals.

50 entries - only 9 goals.
    Long bombs didn’t work and cost us an important win.

Against Carlton over 50 entries got only 7 goals, and 2 were by Vander

Taking marks against bottom sides doesn’t mean much, and many of the marks (Hunter, for example, led to kicks which failed to make the distance).

we need far greater precision with our forward entries next year so we can defeat top sides.
    I guess what I'm saying is bombing's not the strategy, it's the players not responding to what the other team is doing defencively and around the footy and reverting to careless instead of considered ball movement and entry methods. When we have the game on our terms for long periods of time our movement inside fifty is much better.

We need to find a way to work around that, and part of that will be to use a long bail out from time to time but it can't be our only go-to. We also need to get good at controlling the tempo of the game and spreading the defence.

You don't need to keep quoting stats at us. We all watched the same games that you did and we've seen the stats too.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naughton to Fullback, English Full forward

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    It

If we have a tall like Naughton and a teammate like Bruce who is happy to help make space and take defenders wide with constant leads for him then the long bomb to advantage is a good option for us.
    This Season I saw Bruce spoil Naughton, West and Gowers spoil Bruce, our players spoil English both forward and back.

Your statement is a wish list, I hope it becomes a reality.