Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
    Post Thanks / Like

Sam Power has sent a message to Other Clubs and our contracted players.

Any club wanting to throw big offers at our players, then they know they have to pay and Sam will hold his ground.

I am so happy Sam did hold his ground, as it is clear what the clubs intentions are and a message is sent to other clubs as well as our stars.

I feel a little sorry for Dunks that Dodo got his hopes up and sold the world to him and he was looking forward to big dollars, however on the other hand we have saved him from going to a club where star players want out - he can thank us later.

No doubt, if Dunkley plays well, he will get the dollars as well.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sam Power has sent a message to Other Clubs and our contracted players.

I like the general message. If you want long contracts, good money and job security; then you have to accept that a trade is not automatic. Things have moved far too much to the players. Contracts mean a little bit more today for the clubs.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sam Power has sent a message to Other Clubs and our contracted players.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I like the general message. If you want long contracts, good money and job security; then you have to accept that a trade is not automatic. Things have moved far too much to the players. Contracts mean a little bit more today for the clubs.
    Agreed.

I'm also pleased, for the game in general (Less so for the club involved) that GWS held the line with Jeremy Cameron.

They assessed his value (quite rightly) as more than what try would receive in compensation and conducted their negotiations accordingly.

We had all the bargaining power here with both major trades and both played out well to our advantage.