Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  160
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2021 Trade Target/s

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    I'd be moving JJ on first and playing Ed in his spot before I even considered getting rid of Ed.
    JJ stays in the game longer right now based on experience but he's not the $600k pa player we signed him up for.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Ed Richards if on the market has to go for a top twenty pick - minimum. He's a former pick sixteen, and isn't getting a game because he's injured. The guy has played 94% of the games he's been available for as a senior player at our club.

Irrespective of output he's pretty much played every week he's been available in his first three years at the club. The coaching staff clearly rate what he does, and he plays where he's told to forward or back. When he's fit he'll be playing in front of McNeil, Scott and possibly JJ and one or two others.

This is what pisses me off about this type of "analysis". The reason he isn't getting a game is because he's injured, but because he's not getting a game he's all of a sudden someone we should ship off somewhere else? It's crap.

The mere thought of shipping him off for McAsey makes me ill.
    I stopped reading after 'The Herald Sun understands'.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

3. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Theres a bit of a copy & paste feel about this article talking about us being in the hunt for a key defender

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...0105ef1d9a672d

Darcy Moore would be a dream come true but how could we uproot him and at what cost & how does he fit into our structured salary cap system.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Theres a bit of a copy & paste feel about this article talking about us being in the hunt for a key defender

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...0105ef1d9a672d

Darcy Moore would be a dream come true but how could we uproot him and at what cost & how does he fit into our structured salary cap system.

Yeah Moore would be good but highly unlikely. David Astbury (30) and Robbie Tarrant (31) are injury riddled and just about cooked, Ambrose has never shown enough at AFL level and Kolodashnij is an ok player but undersized. Wouldn't think we would bother.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yeah Moore would be good but highly unlikely. David Astbury (30) and Robbie Tarrant (31) are injury riddled and just about cooked, Ambrose has never shown enough at AFL level and Kolodashnij is an ok player but undersized. Wouldn't think we would bother.
    Phil Davis GWS is a free agent this year. Will turn 31 & might have a couple of years in him. I don't mind Kolodashnij.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Not with Quaynor there and Crisp being indestructable.
    I can see Hawthorn chasing Ed.
    Collingwood are playing Magden on a wing ... Richards is very much the type of player need having given away all their runners.

And isn't Crisp now playing as a mid?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Phil Davis GWS is a free agent this year. Will turn 31 & might have a couple of years in him. I don't mind Kolodashnij.
    I can't see a GWS player coming to us anytime soon, especially a senior player.
    Kolo isn't big enough to play as a no 2 KPD.

I asked Essendon fans about Ambrose and one offered to cover the uber fare to WO. We may just be better off scouring state leagues.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Collingwood are playing Magden on a wing ... Richards is very much the type of player need having given away all their runners.

And isn't Crisp now playing as a mid?
    I'm not sure Crisp stays in the midfield when Adams comes back, although Pendles won't last forever and Crisp is ridiculously durable.

Ed has the family connection to Collingwood but who knows what their list managers are doing anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure Crisp stays in the midfield when Adams comes back, although Pendles won't last forever and Crisp is ridiculously durable.

Ed has the family connection to Collingwood but who knows what their list managers are doing anymore.
    Crisp was in the midfield before Adams left the team.. well he was in the games I have watched of them, which isn't a heap TBH.

Post Thanks / Like

JJ stays in the game longer right now based on experience but he's not the $600k pa player we signed him up for.
    Yep, I hope we shop him around at the end of this season, his contract is such a waste for us.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

I can't see a GWS player coming to us anytime soon, especially a senior player.
    Kolo isn't big enough to play as a no 2 KPD.

I asked Essendon fans about Ambrose and one offered to cover the uber fare to WO. We may just be better off scouring state leagues.
    Do we really need another tall defender? I mean tonight we had Zaine and Keath with Wood playing the midsized tall. We have Gardner injured, Lewy Young in the 2's and Bhuku Khamis developing. I'm not convinced its as bad as we think.

13. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Do we really need another tall defender? I mean tonight we had Zaine and Keath with Wood playing the midsized tall. We have Gardner injured, Lewy Young in the 2's and Bhuku Khamis developing. I'm not convinced its as bad as we think.
    We need an “A” grader key defender to compliment Keath, so Keath can play that interceptor role like Lever.

Cordy is almost done for mine...very much treading water
    Not at all convinced Gardner is any better than VFL
    Lew Young has no confidence in himself or from the match committee
    Khamis is still a little unknown having not played a game.

Keath is almost our most important player right now.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

15. Likes westbulldog, Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    We need an “A” grader key defender to compliment Keath, so Keath can play that interceptor role like Lever.

Cordy is almost done for mine...very much treading water
    Not at all convinced Gardner is any better than VFL
    Lew Young has no confidence in himself or from the match committee
    Khamis is still a little unknown having not played a game.

Keath is almost our most important player right now.
    Khamis is not a key defender at 189cm, so agree we do need a Key defender to take on the Lynches, Camerons, Hawkins types
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

17. Likes DOG GOD, kruder, Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Khamis is not a key defender at 189cm, so agree we do need a Key defender to take on the Lynches, Camerons, Hawkins types
    So to unpack that statement "Khamis isnt a key defender" who in the league actually is?

Are they really still a prevelant position or is "key" now intercept?

For me Khamis is the poster boy for intercept defender. Can play tall or medium. Good skills, reads the play well.

The days of the big defender might be long gone.

Even guys like McGovern peel off and intercept space.

I do wonder whether the new rules will bring them back but it looks like the coaches have worked out how to quell them already.

19. Likes BornInDroopSt'54, westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    So to unpack that statement "Khamis isnt a key defender" who in the league actually is?

Are they really still a prevelant position or is "key" now intercept?

For me Khamis is the poster boy for intercept defender. Can play tall or medium. Good skills, reads the play well.

The days of the big defender might be long gone.

Even guys like McGovern peel off and intercept space.

I do wonder whether the new rules will bring them back but it looks like the coaches have worked out how to quell them already.
    It will be interesting to see how Khamis develops this year. He might very well be slightly undersized as a key defender but his athleticism and ability to read the ball in the air and intercept make him an ideal 3rd tall defender. There are plenty of undersized players that can play tall and perhaps he is one of them.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"