Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  160
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2021 Trade Target/s

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I don't see how North trade McKay because he would need to be replaced. They'd just about consider him as a lock wouldn't they?
    Yes and no. The article says they are not trading picks. So they need to put up a player we want to satisfy the trade. Might they ask look for someone like Young from a club. Potential upside, won’t cost much. If it was us, he’d be steak knives. They get an inferior KPD, but a ‘first picked HBF’. To keep their picks, who else would we have interest in?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Yes and no. The article says they are not trading picks. So they need to put up a player we want to satisfy the trade. Might they ask look for someone like Young from a club. Potential upside, won’t cost much. If it was us, he’d be steak knives. They get an inferior KPD, but a ‘first picked HBF’. To keep their picks, who else would we have interest in?
    North can just walk him to the PSD.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    North can just walk him to the PSD.
    They can. McKay can also nominate us. Or Richards could nominate Brisbane or another club. It’s a reasonable position IF Richards wants to leave to ask for a decent player back from any club.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Ed a swap for a KPD

Story here
    That has to be the first time I have seen the word surfeit used in a football article.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Soup threw up Payne's name as a KPD option from the Lions.
    I'd do that. Richards is quality but Payne is a position of dire need and I think both clubs win there. We can ask the Lions for a cheeky late rounder, or swap 2022 picks for 2021 picks so we have NGA/FS points coverage this year.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

You can only ask I guess!

CLUBS CONTINUE TO ASK, BUT ALEX RANCE CATEGORIC ON AFL RETIREMENT

lubs continue to ask the question of former superstar defender Alex Rance more than two years after his last AFL game.

Rance tore his ACL in the opening round of 2019 and retired in December that year.

As things stand, he has no intention of returning to the top level but will soon pull the boots on for C-Grade West Australian side, Swan Valley.

It is said that every month or so a club asks the question of Rance – framed in a casual nature along the lines of: ‘He wouldn’t play again would he?’

The Western Bulldogs were the latest outfit to put the feelers out, but it might have happened 10 times since Rance announced his retirement at the age of 30.

“I think it’s a good idea and I can’t believe Alex Rance is sitting over in Western Australia playing whatever level of football it is,” Brownlow medallist Gerard Healy said on AFL Nation on Friday.

“My understanding is Richmond is topped out salary cap wise and essentially they’re not in much need as the Western Bulldogs.

“Wouldn’t it be so exciting? I’d make the call. If I was the Dogs, I’d make the call because that’s their weakness right now.”

Yet Rance could not be more categoric about not wanting to play AFL football again.

While Kade Simpson said he “100 per cent” wished he was still playing and Gary Ablett admitted he was “open to a conversation” with Geelong about a comeback, Rance remains a firm no.

The five-time All-Australian is a couple of weeks away from running out for Swan Valley, which is coached by Rance’s cousin and former Carlton player David Ellard.

Post Thanks / Like

I’d want to see a full pre-season and if successful put on via the SSP. Big risk taking on someone out of the game a while with an injury also. Carey was nothing like the North version at Adelaide.

Post Thanks / Like

I’d want to see a full pre-season and if successful put on via the SSP. Big risk taking on someone out of the game a while with an injury also. Carey was nothing like the North version at Adelaide.
    If we can tie up list spots with low percentage plays like Roarke and Hayes I am more than happy to roll the dice on Alex Rance.

It will never happen of course because he doesn't actually want to play but I would take him in the mid season draft and get him fit for round 1 2022. Worst case scenario he never plays but can help coach our key backs outside the football department cap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    If we can tie up list spots with low percentage plays like Roarke and Hayes I am more than happy to roll the dice on Alex Rance.

It will never happen of course because he doesn't actually want to play but I would take him in the mid season draft and get him fit for round 1 2022. Worst case scenario he never plays but can help coach our key backs outside the football department cap.
    If the article is correct, Sam Power is leaving no stone unturned looking for a key defender. Hope he finds a good one.

Post Thanks / Like

If the article is correct, Sam Power is leaving no stone unturned looking for a key defender. Hope he finds a good one.
    We've been doing that for a while. I'm still not happy we missed on out Dougal Howard.

11. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    We've been doing that for a while. I'm still not happy we missed on out Dougal Howard.
    I would love to know if we had a crack at Allir, Port got him for a steal.

Post Thanks / Like

Imagine if Rance wanted to come.

Just imagine.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Last year in a Zoom meeting ( Bulldog business group), Chris Grant mentioned we were looking for a Key Back, so Sam has been on to it, but as you know, everyone wants one.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Carey was nothing like the North version at Adelaide.
    Carey played a pretty contested game at CHF tho. It isn't like Rance dealt with the same level of physical contact (or the same number of post-match beers) as Carey...I'm actually sure he would be fine if he WANTED to play.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Mabior Chol is out of contract at the end of the year.
    Hasn't played at all in 2021, we just have to be asking the question.
    He's light but athletic, 2m tall and in terms of contract + opportunity we have to be an attractive option.