Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  160
Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2021 Trade Target/s

We don’t have a huge amount of cap, so probably a kid is the go.

A KPD seems the need.

=

Fischer McAsey (Western Bulldogs Super Fan)
    Adelaide Crows - Drafted Pick 6, 2019
    10 Games in 2020
    KPD
    197cm
    91kg
    Likened in his draft year to Aaron Naughton

I can’t see that he’s extended his rookie contract. We have our 2021 First Rounder and futures and anything from any player trade outs. It’ll cost a bit of trade capital to get done, but nothing we couldn’t get done if we are into his ear from now onwards. I’m sure joining ‘his club’ in a premiership window with the view to good money once some retirements kick in is a nice attainable dream for him.

Anyone else that should we should be targeting?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Thanks GVGjr, hujsh, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot thanked for this post
    Likes CarnTheScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2021 Trade Target/s

2021 - Out of contract players listed here

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

I had to do a double take in Thomas Liberatore for a second to figure out who he was....

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if we made a goodwill promise to the pies to give them ED Richards next year.
    I am sure clubs do things like that in situations like this.
    We got Treloar for a steal but you don’t want to burn bridges later on.
    We have an excellent repore with Collingwood, they have helped us a lot over the years.
    The fans might hate each other but the actual clubs are extremely close.
    Let’s face it a lot of clubs turned Treloar down for the salary reason, I believe Collingwood came to the party with us and agreed to pay a little extra of the salary because it was us and we probably have someone they want next year .
    Watch this space.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    We don’t have a huge amount of cap, so probably a kid is the go.

A KPD seems the need.

=

Fischer McAsey (Western Bulldogs Super Fan)
    Adelaide Crows - Drafted Pick 6, 2019
    10 Games in 2020
    KPD
    197cm
    91kg
    Likened in his draft year to Aaron Naughton

I can’t see that he’s extended his rookie contract. We have our 2021 First Rounder and futures and anything from any player trade outs. It’ll cost a bit of trade capital to get done, but nothing we couldn’t get done if we are into his ear from now onwards. I’m sure joining ‘his club’ in a premiership window with the view to good money once some retirements kick in is a nice attainable dream for him.

Anyone else that should we should be targeting?
    I raised trying to nab McAsey this year. No way he’s stoked to be away from home on the worst team in the comp getting swung forward or back depending on how self-conscious Tex is feeling. I’ve liked what I’ve seen from him in pretty trying circumstances.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

7. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I raised trying to nab McAsey this year. No way he’s stoked to be away from home on the worst team in the comp getting swung forward or back depending on how self-conscious Tex is feeling. I’ve liked what I’ve seen from him in pretty trying circumstances.
    So your saying you failed twice? Goldstein and McAsey. I think you need another year of mentoring from BT before you take over the reigns.
    Sorry BT your needed for another season.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

9. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I wonder if we made a goodwill promise to the pies to give them ED Richards next year.
    I am sure clubs do things like that in situations like this.
    We got Treloar for a steal but you don’t want to burn bridges later on.
    We have an excellent repore with Collingwood, they have helped us a lot over the years.
    The fans might hate each other but the actual clubs are extremely close.
    Let’s face it a lot of clubs turned Treloar down for the salary reason, I believe Collingwood came to the party with us and agreed to pay a little extra of the salary because it was us and we probably have someone they want next year .
    Watch this space.
    I second this feeling, mostly because I listen to Darcy and Eddie on the hot breakfast every morning and those two seem to talk very highly of eachothers clubs, Eddie does have a very big soft-spot for us, something I've noticed when he talks about us.

I know Ed Richards will probably end up at Collingwood, question is if it's next year or further on down the track.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Hopefully we can get the Bont signed sooner than later.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Hopefully we can get the Bont signed sooner than later.
    Bailey Williams is the other one that Adelaide will throw everything at to get him home. We need to sign him up sooner than later.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like us to have a look at Majak Daw as a DFA. We do need insurance in key defensive stocks and Daw can also pinch hit in ruck or up forward if we have a spate of injuries in those areas during the season. If not Daw, then Mitch Brown if he isn't being offered a new contract at the Dees. Would prefer to rookie either of them if a rookie spot is available.

Both Daw and Brown are AFL standard key position utilities - they aren't world beaters but they have more runs on the board than some of the senior players on our list in 2021, and they wouldn't be overawed if given a senior call-up. At worst they would be a good influence to have on our VFL players.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

14. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Bailey Williams is the other one that Adelaide will throw everything at to get him home. We need to sign him up sooner than later.
    Yep - I read Adelaide were right into him in 2017. Another year like this year and he will be a huge target.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I'd like us to have a look at Majak Daw as a DFA. We do need insurance in key defensive stocks and Daw can also pinch hit in ruck or up forward if we have a spate of injuries in those areas during the season. If not Daw, then Mitch Brown if he isn't being offered a new contract at the Dees. Would prefer to rookie either of them if a rookie spot is available.

Both Daw and Brown are AFL standard key position utilities - they aren't world beaters but they have more runs on the board than some of the senior players on our list in 2021, and they wouldn't be overawed if given a senior call-up. At worst they would be a good influence to have on our VFL players.
    I don't mind the suggestions but wouldn't Trengove be at least as good as or perhaps even a better prospect that Daw in the back line and a more versatile option than Brown in terms of being able to help out in the ruck?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

17. Likes Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I reckon we hit the draft in 2021 & keep our powder dry for 2022. Thats when Ben King & Isaac Rankine come out of contract.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

19. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

DO THE DOGS CONTINUE KEY BACK CHASE?

IF THERE is any question on the Western Bulldogs' list as it sits atop the ladder after five rounds, it is the club's stocks of key defenders.

Injuries to Ryan Gardner and now Bailey Williams, who has been used as a third tall backman this season, have hit at the depth of that department on the club's list. Premiership player Zaine Cordy has been playing in the VFL, while Lewis Young was recently called up for a return to senior action.

So will the Dogs look at replenishing that department again through this year's trade and free agency market?

Last year the Bulldogs had an interest in underutilised Brisbane defender Jack Payne but nothing eventuated as he stayed with the Lions where he is contracted until the end of 2022.

But there are also other key defensive options around the AFL who remain out of contract who could appeal. Among the free agency list, Richmond's David Astbury, North Melbourne's Robbie Tarrant, Essendon's Patrick Ambrose and Geelong's Jake Kolodjashnij remain without deals for next year at this stage.

Of other unsigned key backs around Adelaide youngster Fischer McAsey has a contract offer in front of him but has Victorian clubs monitoring him, while teammate Tom Doedee is negotiating a new deal with the Crows.

Versatile West Coast tall Jarrod Brander, who was on the trade table last year, is out of contract at the end of this season while St Kilda veteran Jake Carlisle's one-year deal finishes at the end of this season.

Gun defender Darcy Moore, signed until 2022 but one of this year's key pre-agents, was on the radar of the Bulldogs in 2019 a year before his previous deal ended with Collingwood. – Callum Twomey and Mitch Cleary

Link

Post Thanks / Like

Is McAsey even good? I was thinking the Crows weren’t playing him out of spite but his stats in the SANFL suggest otherwise.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -