Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  160
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2021 Trade Target/s

I thought Moore was good too. If he's so good then why has he been moved to FF? Yeah I know Collingwood aren't the brightest bunch, but they aren't that stupid.

I'm also in the camp of wanting Moore if the price is right. But it won't be so I'd pass. He's not exactly what we need. Moore wouldn't do much better than others on our list in 1-on-1 situations. We need a lockdown defender. Again, I'm not saying I don't want him. But for the salary cap and picks we'd have to give up for him, I think we're better off going down a different path. Lockdown defenders can be gotten fairly cheaply. They don't need to be world beaters. Just reliable enough to allow our other defenders to do their work.

Post Thanks / Like

No chance of getting Moore in a million years.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW - Out of contract players: https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...ntract_players

Hands up if you knew Jed Bews was a 10 year player and UFA?

Leftfield KPD option - Jack Hombsch. Would be cheap, is stuck behind a few others at the Suns and is a mature body. Gives us time to develop a younger KPD.
    Chol is OOC too but it would be hard to get him out of Richmond.

Hooker and Tarrant are both UFA if we really wanted a superannuation year out of an older player.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I thought Moore was good too. If he's so good then why has he been moved to FF? Yeah I know Collingwood aren't the brightest bunch, but they aren't that stupid.

I'm also in the camp of wanting Moore if the price is right. But it won't be so I'd pass. He's not exactly what we need. Moore wouldn't do much better than others on our list in 1-on-1 situations. We need a lockdown defender. Again, I'm not saying I don't want him. But for the salary cap and picks we'd have to give up for him, I think we're better off going down a different path. Lockdown defenders can be gotten fairly cheaply. They don't need to be world beaters. Just reliable enough to allow our other defenders to do their work.
    Collins of GC is a good example of a lockdown defender, not flashy but effective.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    FWIW - Out of contract players: https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...ntract_players

Hands up if you knew Jed Bews was a 10 year player and UFA?

Leftfield KPD option - Jack Hombsch. Would be cheap, is stuck behind a few others at the Suns and is a mature body. Gives us time to develop a younger KPD.
    Chol is OOC too but it would be hard to get him out of Richmond.

Hooker and Tarrant are both UFA if we really wanted a superannuation year out of an older player.
    I think he would be easy to get out of Richmond. He is always overlooked come finals time no matter how many games he plays during the season when they have injuries. The question is why is he overlooked for finals? I think he would be a perfect fit for us. He can play forward, back and even in the ruck. He sounds like a Bevo pinup boy when you think about it!
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    Collins of GC is a good example of a lockdown defender, not flashy but effective.
    Trolling the state leagues may therefore find us a better lockdown defender than from another AFL club.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    He sounds like a Bevo pinup boy when you think about it!
    A tall guy who can't make the ones?

8. Likes ratsmac, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    I think he would be easy to get out of Richmond. He is always overlooked come finals time no matter how many games he plays during the season when they have injuries. The question is why is he overlooked for finals? I think he would be a perfect fit for us. He can play forward, back and even in the ruck. He sounds like a Bevo pinup boy when you think about it!
    If we were any chance I'd be knocking down the door.

10. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Regarding backs...we need someone who can take the bigger FF’s of the competition.
    Atm we don’t have a defender that would makes me think “they won’t kick 5 today”.

There’s a reason that when games are being discussed, it’s never really about the martins’s, boak’s, fyfe’s or Neale’s...it’s about the Hawkins, McKay, king, Dixon, Lynch, so that’s the obvious problem we face.

We don’t want another Gardner. I want someone who when named, I can legitimately think “he could keep him goalless”.
    Who that is, I have no idea.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Regarding backs...we need someone who can take the bigger FF’s of the competition.
    Atm we don’t have a defender that would makes me think “they won’t kick 5 today”.

There’s a reason that when games are being discussed, it’s never really about the martins’s, boak’s, fyfe’s or Neale’s...it’s about the Hawkins, McKay, king, Dixon, Lynch, so that’s the obvious problem we face.

We don’t want another Gardner. I want someone who when named, I can legitimately think “he could keep him goalless”.
    Who that is, I have no idea.
    Who has that sort of Fullback? Moore would be the closest.

At the end of the day we have cobbled a defence that has the least goals scored against it (along with Melbourne)
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    That’s what I’m saying Bornadog...I rate Moore and if there was any chance, we should go for it. We have 2 missing pieces to our team...a “Moore” type FB and a “Tippa/Cameron/Kosi” type quick fwd.

Hopefully Moore got on well with Treloar.

Our kamikaze style of play when it comes undone, unravels in a big way, nearly always giving the opposition key fwd free reign (if they can mark it). Moore would make our team immediately better, and immediately stronger in the back half.

If you want the best, you gotta go for the best, otherwise, try to prize Hartley out of hawthorn and be done with it.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

At the end of the day we have cobbled a defence that has the least goals scored against it (along with Melbourne)
    Harris Andrews. Would love him. We should get him.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I think his backup could be an option. Jack Payne, huge, has been ok in the games he has played. Up against it to get a game ahead of Andrews, Adams, Gardiner and Lester.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    I think his backup could be an option. Jack Payne, huge, has been ok in the games he has played. Up against it to get a game ahead of Andrews, Adams, Gardiner and Lester.
    We chased him prior to his last contract signature.
    Ditto Ben McKay
    Ditto Dougal Howard

We're definitely chasing KPDs.
    I wonder if Hombsh is a chance to move clubs again if GCS don't see him in their longer term plans. It's a tight market for KPDs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    God yes. He is the benchmark IMO. I like Moore too. Both are chained up in their club dungeons and aren’t going anywhere.

18. Likes 1eyedog liked this post