Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  34
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Are we now the fan favourites ‘outsiders’ the media will make darlings

Are we the new media darlings? Is the new narrative of the would be outsiders of misfits without our #1 Ruck & #1 Full Forward and maybe Weightman.

Clearly, the Ch7 & friends didn’t want us to win the last two games. But do they flip the script and back us with the title as underdogs to get behind public sentiment.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are we now the fan favourites ‘outsiders’ the media will make darlings

A lot of fans hating us getting all the free kicks we get.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah were getting hated on externally for being in the umpires pockets.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    A lot of fans hating us getting all the free kicks we get.
    There's no doubt over the course of the season that we have the best FF/FA ratio and the first two finals have both been well above that.

Season it's 19.4 FF and 15.9 FA (we're by far the lowest FA). Finals have been 22-14 and 28-19 our way. Won't make too much of a judgment about what it should've been but certainly felt like we had a good run the last two weeks, even with some clearly wrong ones going against us.

I can certainly understand why a neutral supporter would hate the frees we're getting. Also that both crowds have been heavily against us pushes that perception further with all the booing and bronx cheering.

Post Thanks / Like

We are playing Port. Everyone hates Port. How could you barrack for Port?

7. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess they go with Melbourne breaking the drought as the best story and go all in on them?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I guess they go with Melbourne breaking the drought as the best story and go all in on them?
    Yep... Melbourne are the darlings in 2021..uggg.... 20 years of tanking finally pays off... and everyone lauds them for it ..... not this little black duck.
    My preference.
    1. Dogs win 2021 premiership...against melbourne in last 30 seconds
    2. Dogs win 2021 premiership against anyone..
    3. Dee's lose Premiership to anyone outside of Dogs
    4. Dee's don't make GF.

10. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes macca, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope, the same underlying influences that run deep within the media that didn't want us to win throughout 08-10, but had to concede 16 are still alive and well.

It's not paranoia, it's actually systemic and political. How else can you explain the apologist nature commentary towards Essendon and Carlton, and the lack of heat for North Melbourne and Melbourne to simply get stuffed.

Would the AFL ever pay for us to Paul Roos ourselves for a few years just so we could show we've been Paul Roos'd in the Roos hole?
    We definitely know the answer to that.

We are going to face six days minimum of defending ourselves against so called umpiring miss-haps, be given unfavourable coverage in our HOME STATE compared to Port Adelaide this week, and wind up having to play again after arduous quarantine conditions compared to our opponents with barely a mention of sympathy.

And then we are going to take it up to them in front of their dreadful song singing fans.

We are in the glow right now, just you wait for the next few days. It's going to be ugly.
    Last edited by jeemak; 05-09-2021 at 04:18 PM.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

No way in hell. We are the villains in this campaign. Dees the feel good (blergh) story. Geelong the backs to the wall team. Port the valiant performers.

We are the spoilers. The unworthy. It’s all a conspiracy. Umpire’s pets.

4-8Q of the most intense, play by play footy for is as fans we’ll ever ensure. The joys will be ours alone.

Post Thanks / Like

We’re very much the outsiders… all the talk is that we only won because we got looked after by the umpires.

But who gives a toss… we go again!

14. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

With Daniel's off-the-side of the boot but somehow intentional free kick I'm not sure how anybody can claim that.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

And then we are going to completely *!*!*!*! Port like they've never been *!*!*!*!ed before. In front of their dead shit, hopeless and dreadful song singing fans (it's not because of socio-economics that I call them dead shit, hopeless and dreadful).

And that is an understatement Jeemak I can still picture the bearded feral bogan on the boundary giving it to Sweet earlier in the year, that bloke is their supporter's poster boy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Nope, the same underlying influences that run deep within the media that didn't want us to win throughout 08-10, but had to concede 16 are still alive and well.

It's not paranoia, it's actually systemic and political. How else can you explain the apologist nature commentary towards Essendon and Carlton, and the lack of heat for North Melbourne and Melbourne to simply go and *!*!*!*! themselves at best, or at worst be rationalised and run out of town?

Would the AFL ever pay for us to Paul Roos ourselves for a few years just so we could show we've been Paul Roos'd in the Roos hole?
    We definitely know the answer to that.

We are going to face six days minimum of defending ourselves against so called umpiring miss-haps, be given unfavourable coverage in our HOME STATE compared to Port Adelaide this week, and wind up having to play again after arduous quarantine conditions compared to our opponents with barely a mention of sympathy.

And then we are going to completely *!*!*!*! Port like they've never been *!*!*!*!ed before. In front of their dead shit, hopeless and dreadful song singing fans (it's not because of socio-economics that I call them dead shit, hopeless and dreadful).

We are in the glow right now, just you wait for the next few days. It's going to be ugly.
    Never hate your enemy. It clouds your judgement.- Godfather
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

18. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    We are playing Port. Everyone hates Port. How could you barrack for Port?
    The interesting part of me is if we don't beat them next week they would be my preferred option to win the flag. No way I would want Melbourne or Geelong to win it.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

20. Likes SonofScray, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The interesting part of me is if we don't beat them next week they would be my preferred option to win the flag. No way I would want Melbourne or Geelong to win it.
    I quite like Port and if not us I'd be happy for them, and certainly over the other two teams.
    "It's over. It's all over."