Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  160
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2021 Trade Target/s

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Mabior Chol is out of contract at the end of the year.
    Hasn't played at all in 2021, we just have to be asking the question.
    He's light but athletic, 2m tall and in terms of contract + opportunity we have to be an attractive option.
    Yeah, I like this suggestion. These are types we should be digging into very hard, gettable too.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Carey played a pretty contested game at CHF tho. It isn't like Rance dealt with the same level of physical contact (or the same number of post-match beers) as Carey...I'm actually sure he would be fine if he WANTED to play.
    I would try and throw some big dollars at him and say play for the remainder of the season (mid season draft), and help us win a premiership. Then see how he feels for next year. Surely in that time he would be able to help Keath and Young in a mentoring role.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mabior Chol is out of contract at the end of the year.
    Hasn't played at all in 2021, we just have to be asking the question.
    He's light but athletic, 2m tall and in terms of contract + opportunity we have to be an attractive option.
    I like him but is he what we want?

I'm pretty all in on the whole English as a forward offering occasional chop outs in the ruck thing, I don't want him to become our number one ruck again.

From what I've seen of Chol he is a bit similiar to English in that he isn't a main ruck guy but more of a backup that can have an impact around the field. Do we want two second ruck types on the list? I'd rather we put our ruck dollars into someone who can be the main guy there.

Happy to be corrected on Chol though.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I would try and throw some big dollars at him and say play for the remainder of the season (mid season draft), and help us win a premiership. Then see how he feels for next year. Surely in that time he would be able to help Keath and Young in a mentoring role.
    If we have to drag him out of retirement rather than him actively wanting to come out of retirement then I question just how hungry he'd be on the field.

He's always had things in his life that matter more than football to him.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    I like him but is he what we want?

I'm pretty all in on the whole English as a forward offering occasional chop outs in the ruck thing, I don't want him to become our number one ruck again.

From what I've seen of Chol he is a bit similiar to English in that he isn't a main ruck guy but more of a backup that can have an impact around the field. Do we want two second ruck types on the list? I'd rather we put our ruck dollars into someone who can be the main guy there.

Happy to be corrected on Chol though.
    I'd target him as a KPD, he has the speed and reach and has played some minutes there at VFL & AFL level.
    Buks and Chol would be a membership bonanza for us too.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

If we have to drag him out of retirement rather than him actively wanting to come out of retirement then I question just how hungry he'd be on the field.

He's always had things in his life that matter more than football to him.
    Think he'd be fine once he committed to it - i.e. Dunkley being forced to stay. Different situation but same same.

The fact that it could potentially only be for half a season might have some appeal.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Imagine if Rance wanted to come.

Just imagine.
    Would 3/4 of this board have to stop hating him?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Nah man I’m a professional.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

10. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Nah man I’m a professional.
    Respect your commitment.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I thought Moore was good too. If he's so good then why has he been moved to FF? Yeah I know Collingwood aren't the brightest bunch, but they aren't that stupid.

I'm also in the camp of wanting Moore if the price is right. But it won't be so I'd pass. He's not exactly what we need. Moore wouldn't do much better than others on our list in 1-on-1 situations. We need a lockdown defender. Again, I'm not saying I don't want him. But for the salary cap and picks we'd have to give up for him, I think we're better off going down a different path. Lockdown defenders can be gotten fairly cheaply. They don't need to be world beaters. Just reliable enough to allow our other defenders to do their work.

Yeah they are. Just ask Adam Trealor. Or even Mick Malthouse.

I agree with what you say about lockdown defenders though. It's not the most glamorous position in he game so they are invariably undervalued. I was on the Alir Alir bandwagon from mid 2017 when the Swans just wouldn't play him for some reason even when he was fit.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    The MC clearly rate Richards, and have often done what they can to fit him into the team. Last year after missing round one he played every game, but the way the article is written makes it seem like 17 games is a step backwards for a third year player in a team that made finals.

I'd be really surprised if we let him go cheaply. As I said in another thread, he's a first round draft pick who'd played 90% of games leading up to this year.
    Yep. No way we let him go unless the offer is too good to refuse. A player that makes us better straight away or a first round pick. Ed is a first choice/best 22 player with us when he's fit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Imagine if Rance wanted to come.

Just imagine.
    Maybe we can sell him on the romance of playing with his dad's old club? In his dad's old position? And maybe a chance of winning a premiership medal with his dad's old club playing in his dad's old position?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    That'd be up to him. Play in a premiership with us and I'd be happy to buy him a beer.

Post Thanks / Like

Do any of our Adelaide Woofers have any insights into why McAsey isn't getting a game at Adelaide? He signed on again earlier in the year...but hasn't been sighted thus far?
    Has his form in SANFL been poor?

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if Gunston is a chance ? One of the senior players not happy on the whole clarkson/mitchell handover attempt.

I