Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  160
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2021 Trade Target/s

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Is McAsey even good? I was thinking the Crows weren’t playing him out of spite but his stats in the SANFL suggest otherwise.
    Is he getting bags kicked on him, or just not racking up stats?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Is he getting bags kicked on him, or just not racking up stats?
    He appears to be playing in defence, where he most recently had 8 touches in a game where the other team kicked 155 points. It doesn’t look great.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    He appears to be playing in defence, where he most recently had 8 touches in a game where the other team kicked 155 points. It doesn’t look great.
    Adelaide's SANFL side stinks and it seems like McAsey has checked out. Not a great combo.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Adelaide's SANFL side stinks and it seems like McAsey has checked out. Not a great combo.
    Great combo for trading for him on the cheap.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't touch McAsey unless we got him for cheap (Re: nothing).
    Need another tall down back, and a natural crumber up forward, that's it. Would love to be able to lure Moore away from the Pies but we'd need to move out some cap space to do that, probably try to get JJ's dumb 700k a year contract off our books at that point.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    I wouldn't touch McAsey unless we got him for cheap (Re: nothing).
    Need another tall down back, and a natural crumber up forward, that's it. Would love to be able to lure Moore away from the Pies but we'd need to move out some cap space to do that, probably try to get JJ's dumb 700k a year contract off our books at that point.
    Geez imagine Moore in this team. I agree, a key back (someone ideally to take the BIG fwds) and a quick small fwd is pretty much all we need right now. Not sold on McAsey to be honest. Would he be Schache mark II? Has he got that psychical edge that Schache doesn’t?
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    I second this feeling, mostly because I listen to Darcy and Eddie on the hot breakfast every morning and those two seem to talk very highly of eachothers clubs, Eddie does have a very big soft-spot for us, something I've noticed when he talks about us.

I know Ed Richards will probably end up at Collingwood, question is if it's next year or further on down the track.
    Is Ed Richards what Collingwood need?

Post Thanks / Like

Jamara to the forward line and move Naughton back.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Jamara to the forward line and move Naughton back.
    No thanks on Naughty
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Naughton will apply 15 times the amount of pressure than Jamara at this stage anyway.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

11. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    I'd be moving JJ on first and playing Ed in his spot before I even considered getting rid of Ed.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

13. Likes Mofra, Twodogs, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ed Richards if on the market has to go for a top twenty pick - minimum. He's a former pick sixteen, and isn't getting a game because he's injured. The guy has played 94% of the games he's been available for as a senior player at our club.

Irrespective of output he's pretty much played every week he's been available in his first three years at the club. The coaching staff clearly rate what he does, and he plays where he's told to forward or back. When he's fit he'll be playing in front of McNeil, Scott and possibly JJ and one or two others.

This is what pisses me off about this type of "analysis". The reason he isn't getting a game is because he's injured, but because he's not getting a game he's all of a sudden someone we should ship off somewhere else? It's crap.

The mere thought of shipping him off for McAsey makes me ill.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

15. Likes azabob, Mantis, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Ed Richards if on the market has to go for a top twenty pick - minimum. He's a former pick sixteen, and isn't getting a game because he's injured. The guy has played 94% of the games he's been available for as a senior player at our club.

Irrespective of output he's pretty much played every week he's been available in his first three years at the club. The coaching staff clearly rate what he does, and he plays where he's told to forward or back. When he's fit he'll be playing in front of McNeil, Scott and possibly JJ and one or two others.

This is what pisses me off about this type of "analysis". The reason he isn't getting a game is because he's injured, but because he's not getting a game he's all of a sudden someone we should ship off somewhere else? It's crap.

The mere thought of shipping him off for McAsey makes me ill.
    Excellent points raised Jeemak but the telling part for Richards in his decision making will be if he believes he is going to get a regular senior game with us given how we are playing and if he thinks we are playing him in his best position.

I still like our chances of keeping him but he will have a lot to consider.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Naughton will apply 15 times the amount of pressure than Jamara at this stage anyway.
    Yep. 100%. Jamarra is a massive talent, but until he's able to work harder for 4 Qtrs, he'd be a big liability in our forward line. At the start of the 4th qtr last night he looked gassed, and was playing behind his man.

18. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Not with Quaynor there and Crisp being indestructable.
    I can see Hawthorn chasing Ed.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers