Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  160
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2021 Trade Target/s

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Do we really need another tall forward when we have Naughton, JUH, Schache, English and Darcy coming in? I see it bought up a few times since Bruce went down, I think we can cover him up forward.

For me shopping list is still a ruck and KPD cover.
    I think we can make a forward line with Naughton, Marra and English as the pillars work next year but it requires getting in a #1 ruck that can comfortably handle 80% ruck time.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Likes EasternWest, Mofra, hujsh, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Do we really need another tall forward when we have Naughton, JUH, Schache, English and Darcy coming in? I see it bought up a few times since Bruce went down, I think we can cover him up forward.

For me shopping list is still a ruck and KPD cover.
    JUH may be in and out, and Darcy is a beanpole who many project as a CHB anyway (which is where he first burst onto the scene this year in his early games for Oakleigh).
    The KPF cover is basically a one-year option to cover the loss of Josh Bruce. Tom Lynch/Josh Jenkins would be DFAs on low salary to provide that mature body.

A first ruck is definitely the no 1 priority. There may be some potential DFA KPD options to consider as well for support in that part of the ground.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I am once again asking that we get Peter Ladhams. I’ve come into thinking that English working in tandem with someone who can be a danger up forward as well could be potentially devastating, as opposed to just getting someone in to let English be more effective.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

5. Likes EasternWest, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I am once again asking that we get Peter Ladhams. I’ve come into thinking that English working in tandem with someone who can be a danger up forward as well could be potentially devastating, as opposed to just getting someone in to let English be more effective.
    Agree but surely no way Port let him go.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Agree but surely no way Port let him go.
    It just keeps coming up though. Apparently he's a dickhead but honestly that's kinda sick and maybe something we need?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

8. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    It just keeps coming up though. Apparently he's a dickhead but honestly that's kinda sick and maybe something we need?
    He is contracted to end of 2022, so we would have to give up something to get him.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    With Strachan showing a bit in his games at AFL level this year, is there a chance Adelaide decides to ramp up the rebuild and trade out ROB? You know I love my beefy big men, so I'd be all over that!
    No chance they give up O'Brien. He won their best and fairest last year, is a club leader and has a sick new phone.

Strachan on the other hand appears to be a ready to go Victorian ruck with no spot available to him there.....
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

11. Likes hujsh, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    No chance they give up O'Brien. He won their best and fairest last year, is a club leader and has a sick new phone.

Strachan on the other hand appears to be a ready to go Victorian ruck with no spot available to him there.....
    I looked at some Strachan footage this morning, reminds me of Tom Hickey.

Got a shocking head though, if he comes over to us can’t imagine we’ll be rolling him out to do any camera work.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post

Stats and profile look good and his games were against North and Melbourne so good competition there

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I looked at some Strachan footage this morning, reminds me of Tom Hickey.

Got a shocking head though, if he comes over to us can’t imagine we’ll be rolling him out to do any camera work.
    If you combind Strachan and Wood you'd get one normal looking person

15. Likes Prince Imperial liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If we don't get a tall forward then in my view we need another avenue to goal to account for the absence of Bruce, who isn't JUH as he's unlikely to be consistent enough.

A genuine mid-sizer with good forward craft/ nous would suit us well.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    If we don't get a tall forward then in my view we need another avenue to goal to account for the absence of Bruce, who isn't JUH as he's unlikely to be consistent enough.

A genuine mid-sizer with good forward craft/ nous would suit us well.
    Agreed - we aren't getting enough goals out of Hannan/Scott/JJ/McNeil/VDM. This was covered by Bruce this year for the most part, but it's a lot tougher week in/week out next year without him.

Lynch from Adelaide would seem a good cheap option, but I am not sure if he's a spent force. What other options are available?

I know it won't happen but I'd love Mihocek.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Agreed - we aren't getting enough goals out of Hannan/Scott/JJ/McNeil/VDM. This was covered by Bruce this year for the most part, but it's a lot tougher week in/week out next year without him.

Lynch from Adelaide would seem a good cheap option, but I am not sure if he's a spent force. What other options are available?

I know it won't happen but I'd love Mihocek.
    What about Wingard? Seemed close with Clarko, and from what I hear about Mitchell he's unlikely to fit in well underneath him.

Mihocek would be great, and right in the perfect age bracket given he's going to be 29 at the start of the year. Offer him a two plus one, settle on three and a chance to be part of a finals team and he might go for it.

The issue is Collingwood, because they don't really have many avenues to goal without him.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Wingard wants midfield time though doesn't he? I doubt we could offer him that.
    I don't mind Tom Lynch on a 1 year deal and we did approach Josh Jenkins in the past who's likely to be a DFA as well.

I'm all-in on a first ruck though.

Post Thanks / Like

If we get a first ruck I'd imagine one of of JUH or Shaq should be able to fill in the third tall spot. Maybe even the likes of Bedendo for a taste depending on how he's going.