Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  160
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2021 Trade Target/s

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    The 'early' re-signing is a pretty popular one with most draftees. They are generally happy with their club and - even if they are interstate - most 19year olds are so enveloped within the footy club and surrounded by mates that the idea of another couple of years at significantly increased money is an easy sell versus the uncertainty of the draft (and hell, they just went through that which is how they ended up interstate in the first place), injury etc.

Like most draftees, McAsey is far more likely to leave if he is playing and playing well and all of the uncertainty of his 'new' situation is behind him. The only place he belongs right now is at the Adelaide Footy Club.
    Why would they be concerned about the uncertainty of the draft - as in, Adelaide would refuse to do a deal and send him to the PSD?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Ricciardi just had 19 marks for GWS reserves team playing in defence.

Fits the idea I love of turning ok/fringe key forwards into good defenders.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Bjorn A'Dog Guest

We should go hard at acquiring the right type of players. I'm liking what I hear about Sam Darcy but we need a lot of more class and athleticism. I'd target Bailey Fritsch who's lean and mobile and knows where the sticks are. Great kicking skills to so offer him a fortune. I don't think we could pry Nikolas Cox from Essendon but he would fit what Beveridge likes in players with his versatility. Long lean and good kicking skills we could play him all over the ground. Each year we need to bring in a player who can make an impact and I just about cry knowing we just missed on Pickett as he is Cyril like.

4. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Surely there are some teams starting to rub their hands together that Sexton isn’t getting a game for GC. Seems like something must be up or he must have been super terrible in the first few rounds. Hs usually always up there in their bests each week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Surely there are some teams starting to rub their hands together that Sexton isn’t getting a game for GC. Seems like something must be up or he must have been super terrible in the first few rounds. Hs usually always up there in their bests each week.
    Makes sense. He seems to be a good enough footballer but for some reason he also seems to be surplus to their requirements.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    I don't watch a lot of Suns games but he always struck me as a very selfish footballer. I don't think he fits our needs.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: tall defenders here's a list of 196cm plus defenders - no idea on contract status but just giving an idea of what's out there.

Adelaide: Jordan Butts (21yo, 198cm rookie), McAsey, Talia (29yo, on Bevo's shitlist)
    Brisbane: Harris Andrews, Jack Payne (197cm 21yo). Dan Mcstay is 195cm but has had interest on here before.
    Carlton: Liam Jones, Oscar McDonald, Jacob Weitering
    Collingwood: Darcy Moore, Roughead (30, 200cm)
    Essendon: ??? Zach Reid is a 201cm draftee, James Stewart and Hooker I suppose. Hurley only 192cm
    Freo: Alex Pearce (injury prone but highly talented)
    Geelong: Blicavs (30yo, 198cm), Henderson (31, 196cm)
    GWS: Keeffe (31, 204cm), Phil Davis (30yo 197), Sam Taylor (21, 196cm, 93kg)
    Hawthorn: Michael Hartley (27yo 198cm not getting a game)
    Melbourne: Harrison Petty, Mitch Brown
    Norf: Ben McKay (23, 201cm, 95kg), Josh Walker, Robbie Tarrant (32, 196cm)
    Port: none over 196cm. Aliir Aliir is 195cm, Jarrod Lienert also 195cm.
    Richmond: none over 196cm. Astbury is 195, Balta 194.
    Saints: Carlisle (29, 200cm), Dougal Howard, Oscar Clavarino, Shaun McKernan
    Sydney: Kaiden Brand (27yo, 198cm, 98kg). Other key defenders are Melican 195cm, McCartin 193cm. Sam Reid is 29 and 196cm.
    West Coast: Harry Edwards (20yo 200cm rookie), Barrass, McGovern

We have Gardner, Keath and Young all at 197cm (and of course Schache at 199cm). Do any of those names interest us, as we have all been discussing the need for a monster defender to take the Dixon's and Lynch's? It is interesting to see that not many sides actually play a monster full back, and that across the competition that cupboard is quite bare.

I feel like if we're not getting a Darcy Moore, Harris Andrews or Jacob Weitering then we are not significantly upgrading from the three 197cm defenders on our list. Is a low 190s defender with good athleticism what we should be looking at (I had already finished the list by the time I realised how slim the pickings were)?

9. Thanks Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, bulldogtragic, Twodogs thanked for this post
    Likes DOG GOD, Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Jarrod Lienert is someone we should keep tabs on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Ricciardi just had 19 marks for GWS reserves team playing in defence.

Fits the idea I love of turning ok/fringe key forwards into good defenders.
    Dan McStay is another in this vein. 196cm, big body, about to turn 26. Reckon he could make a very solid key defender.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I think Jarrod Lienert is someone we should keep tabs on.
    Tell me more about him...he's not somebody I've ever noticed. Is he on the outer now that they brought in Aliir?

Post Thanks / Like

If Buckley keeps playing Moore at FF, then we need to be in his ear saying “you’ll play FB every week for the Dogs”.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Tell me more about him...he's not somebody I've ever noticed. Is he on the outer now that they brought in Aliir?
    Pretty sure he is more of a tall half back flanker.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    If Buckley keeps playing Moore at FF, then we need to be in his ear saying “you’ll play FB every week for the Dogs”.
    Few people reporting that Moore is very unhappy with Collingwood FC and playing where he currently is, I'd be in his ear like a mofo, specially if we can unload one or two of our ''premiership'' players to free up cap space (I'm looking at you JJ and Zaine).
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Is Moore worth the price tag?

He's very good, I know, but IMO he's overrated. For this 'unstoppable' key defender that he was pegged as, he sure did find a way of coughing up goals prior to being shifted forward...

Don't get me wrong, he's a good player and better than anything we have, but considering the cost ($$ + compensation to Pies)? Pass.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Is Moore worth the price tag?

He's very good, I know, but IMO he's overrated. For this 'unstoppable' key defender that he was pegged as, he sure did find a way of coughing up goals prior to being shifted forward...

Don't get me wrong, he's a good player and better than anything we have, but considering the cost ($$ + compensation to Pies)? Pass.
    I watch Moore every single week, thanks to the missus being a Collingwood diehard, as it stands his the pillar of their defense and has little to no support in the backline, he is really, really good, reason his made AA.

Price, yeah, that's the question mark, does he want to potentially win a flag in a team who's hitting their prime with guaranteed spot every week? Or does he want to stick around Collingwood for a rebuild and potentially be thrown forward and back ten times a game? I don't even think Collingwood have money to hold onto him, considering what their cap looks like at the moment.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

18. Likes DOG GOD, Dry Rot liked this post