Thanks Thanks:  66
Likes Likes:  249
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Preseason Training 2021

Lot of senior players back early for training, and JUH looking the goods already.

To say I'm quietly optimistic about our future would be an understatement.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

2. Likes Eastdog, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like the Vic guys are back early and interstate players have been given longer with family before returning. Makes sense with Covid, and the uncertainty of what might happen moving forward (state borders, permits etc).
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

AT and Dunkley already getting along very well.
    A little ironic - someone who wanted to change clubs but didn't, and someone who didn't want to change clubs but did.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

5. Likes Dancin' Douggy, Eastdog, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    AT and Dunkley already getting along very well.
    A little ironic - someone who wanted to change clubs but didn't, and someone who didn't want to change clubs but did.
    I was thinking looking at those photos. If AT stayed at Collingwood, then he would've got the best opposition tagger. If Dunkley had left to Essendon, then he would've got the best opposition tagger. Now, if Bont is playing then he gets the best tagger, and arguably Macrae next. AT & Dunkley should be laughing at the freedom they'll have next year on the field at the dogs.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

7. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I was thinking looking at those photos. If AT stayed at Collingwood, then he would've got the best opposition tagger. If Dunkley had left to Essendon, then he would've got the best opposition tagger. Now, if Bont is playing then he gets the best tagger, and arguably Macrae next. AT & Dunkley should be laughing at the freedom they'll have next year on the field at the dogs.
    That'd be a first. I've never seen a team tag a ruckman before.

9. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In respect to Dunks, he's never been tagged so he won't know any different. He will hopefully be laughing at his freedom next year more thanks to Stef Martin than anyone else. And Sam Power. Oh and Dodo too.

11. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.aflphotos.com.au/galleri...mage_id=798327

Lot of photos from yesterdays training session. Everybody looking very good.

Things I picked up:
    Ed Richards looking noticeably bigger, his put on a fair amount of muscle.
    Schache has put on muscle through the arms and chest.
    JUH looks the goods.
    Weightman has started to bulk up but has a way to go.
    Doc has strapping on the knee, not sure what's up with that?
    Wood looks like his leaned up a little
    Bevo could probably play round one if he wanted.

13. Thanks hujsh, Eastdog, bornadog, Bulldog4life, BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    https://www.aflphotos.com.au/galleri...mage_id=798327

Lot of photos from yesterdays training session. Everybody looking very good.

Things I picked up:
    Ed Richards looking noticeably bigger, his put on a fair amount of muscle.
    Schache has put on muscle through the arms and chest.
    JUH looks the goods.
    Weightman has started to bulk up but has a way to go.
    Doc has strapping on the knee, not sure what's up with that?
    Wood looks like his leaned up a little
    Bevo could probably play round one if he wanted.
    You must study the player physiques closely - I wouldn't have a clue if any of those guys look bigger/smaller than previously.

Do we have any right footers left on the list?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    You must study the player physiques closely - I wouldn't have a clue if any of those guys look bigger/smaller than previously.

Not sure if it could all happen in two months.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post

Already this off season I have rewatched every single 2020 and 2019 dogs game, I also follow every member on their socials and try to get down to watch training whenever possible. I might be a bit of a one eyed campaigner but that’s just because I don’t have much else to preoccupy my time thanks to corona lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Already this off season I have rewatched every single 2020 and 2019 dogs game, I also follow every member on their socials and try to get down to watch training whenever possible. I might be a bit of a one eyed campaigner but that’s just because I don’t have much else to preoccupy my time thanks to corona lol.
    Absolute diehard, love it.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

18. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Not sure if it could all happen in two months.
    Everyone looks "bigger" and more muscular in preseason. The players will spend more time in the weightroom than they typically do during the season when they are in "maintenance" mode. They'd also be doing less distance cardio due to not playing games. Add in more intense training sessions and much warmer weather and it's a recipe for muscular looking photos. We all like the pump we get after a weights session.

Oh and every player trains the house down preseason. I'm almost certain Jake Stringer is ready to tear the competition apart next season.

20. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Phwoar..... I’m actually salivating at the thought of Dunkley and Treloar (in form) off the leash next year!

Post Thanks / Like

Be honest - every game from 2019 and 2020?

Post Thanks / Like

What were your best and worst games from 2019 and 2020?

Best - shredding the Bombers?

Worst - Giants semi final?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.