Thanks Thanks:  66
Likes Likes:  249
Page 1 of 28 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Preseason Training 2021

A different start this year due to the late finish of 2020.

The Bulldogs’ first to fourth year players will return to training for a two-week block from Monday December 7, while all other players will resume training on Wednesday January 6, 2021.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Preseason Training 2021

Hopefully we can include Josh Bruce in the first to four year bracket.......I'd like him to get some work in before hitting the Christmas period and all its trimmings.

A friend of mine actually exercises at Whitten Oval regularly, he has told me a lot of the younger players have been present doing weights and some running when he's been there, with some appearances from the likes of Macrae, Wallis and Hunter.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Hopefully we can include Josh Bruce in the first to four year bracket.......I'd like him to get some work in before hitting the Christmas period and all its trimmings.

A friend of mine actually exercises at Whitten Oval regularly, he has told me a lot of the younger players have been present doing weights and some running when he's been there, with some appearances from the likes of Macrae, Wallis and Hunter.
    Might be too much to ask, but I'd love to see all the players start pre-Christmas.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Coming back in January will be a good test of discipline for a number of players.

Hope the likes of Lewy Young, Bruce and JJ all come back in better shape.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Coming back in January will be a good test of discipline for a number of players.

Hope the likes of Lewy Young, Bruce and JJ all come back in better shape.

Bruce is already in much better shape, check out his Instagram, few shirtless videos recently, looks like his cut out carbs completely, looking very lean.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

7. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Bruce is already in much better shape, check out his Instagram, few shirtless videos recently, looks like his cut out carbs completely, looking very lean.
    Why would him being lean mean he has cut out carbs?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Why would him being lean mean he has cut out carbs?
    Because its a common misconception carbs are bad and not actually a vital energy source.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

10. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Because its a common misconception carbs are bad and not actually a vital energy source.
    I admire you going straight to the point. The assoiciation of all carbs are bad because sugar is a carb is proving to be problematic for society. The amount of running a footy player does would mean they'd require plenty of carbs.

12. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Josh Dunkley Jee?

14. Likes azabob, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's all about the preseason. A most critical time of the season. How you train is how you play.

16. Likes bornadog, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not that I've been told brother. Will keep probing, he's there at least once or twice a week during the week.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I heard Bruce has lost a lot of body fat and toned up ..any chance of photos being posted here ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Brucey has posted a photo of an oval at 6am this morning. Looks like he's putting in the work (or he's just trolling us ).
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Yes I heard Bruce has lost a lot of body fat and toned up ..any chance of photos being posted here ?
    lol.

Do you think WOOF has its very own Tom Browne who stalks players and takes snapshots of them with out their tops off?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Brucey has posted a photo of an oval at 6am this morning. Looks like he's putting in the work (or he's just trolling us ).
    Perhaps he got some honest feedback at his end of season meeting with the coaching staff.
    Or Bevo just showed him 400 posts from WOOF calling him fat.

22. Likes hujsh, jeemak liked this post