Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  36
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Treloar as an outside mid - Please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I can't speak for others but I don't think that at all.
    Me either. He's part of the club, part of the team. We long as he brings it next year I don't care what's happened in the past.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t want Dunkley anywhere near the ruck because it’s stupid, but I also resent the fact that he used it as an excuse to try and score himself a payday at that ****hole of a club.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I can't speak for others but I don't think that at all.
    Its my sentiment, well the suck it part. Dunk's plays where the team needs him. That may be in the middle, but that may be up forward. It shouldn't be in the ruck.

My sentiment for this is pretty simple, its one thing to express a desire for more midfield time and to boldly state that that is where you want to play. Its completely different to a) orchestrate a move to a rival organisation; and b) sit silent whilst your current organisation is trashed by people who you surround yourself with.

If I had to be honest if we weren't half a chance to really compete, I would be putting more time into Lippa and West than giving Dunks what he wants to have him leave in 2 years time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    An upgrade in terms of, overall or just the goal kicking?
    Goal kicking - in the highlights package Treloar seemed comfortable shooting for goal. Have felt Macrae (in particular) tends to be happier to pass the ball off versus having a shot himself.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

5. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smads57 View Post
    Goal kicking - in the highlights package Treloar seemed comfortable shooting for goal. Have felt Macrae (in particular) tends to be happier to pass the ball off versus having a shot himself.
    It's an interesting one with Jack because a lot of the time when he gets it on the boot for goal he kicks truly.

To me that aspect of his game is going to be the biggest knock on his legacy. He deserves a B&F with us, he was almost best on in a grand final, and he kicked a sealer in the most important game in the clubs history and that's without mentioning his two AAs to date. If he pulls the trigger more often and scores more he'll be an absolute legend of the game.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

7. Likes Mofra, Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It's an interesting one with Jack because a lot of the time when he gets it on the boot for goal he kicks truly.

To me that aspect of his game is going to be the biggest knock on his legacy. He deserves a B&F with us, he was almost best on in a grand final, and he kicked a sealer in the most important game in the clubs history and that's without mentioning his two AAs to date. If he pulls the trigger more often and scores more he'll be an absolute legend of the game.
    It’s one of the great mysteries of Macrae. When he has to kick a goal, he seems pretty comfortable and reliable, but man it sure is his last resort. Not sure I’ve seen too many mids as reluctant to shoot at goal as he is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    It’s one of the great mysteries of Macrae. When he has to kick a goal, he seems pretty comfortable and reliable, but man it sure is his last resort. Not sure I’ve seen too many mids as reluctant to shoot at goal as he is.
    He's not really a good shot for goal and goes a touch better than 50-50 for his career.

Reality is, the kids who kick goals in the u8's kick goals in the u14's. Those who kick 'em in the u14's kick 'em in the u18's. And those who kick 'em in the 18's tend to kick them in the AFL. I just think expecting him to add a goal a week to his game at age 25 is folly. He is a high possession winning inside mid who busts his gut in terms of running (forward and back), doesn't really play on a man and rarely (once every 5x games) kicks a goal. That's who he is...and he is an excellent player.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

10. Likes Twodogs liked this post