Thanks Thanks:  27
Likes Likes:  52
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Fixture

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2021 Fixture

All the more reason why you need each team to play each other once first before getting second games in against some teams. If the season has to be halted for a month, you could then always have a locked in ladder after rd 17 to fall back on.

2. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    All the more reason why you need each team to play each other once first before getting second games in against some teams. If the season has to be halted for a month, you could then always have a locked in ladder after rd 17 to fall back on.
    Fixture inequity is one of the key tenets of the AFL, they'll never take such a common sense approach as it goes against the very fabric of the game.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

ROUND 20
    Friday, July 30
    St Kilda v Carlton at Marvel Stadium, 7.50pm AEST (SEVEN)

Saturday, July 31
    Western Bulldogs v Adelaide at Mars Stadium, 12.30pm AEST (FOX)
    North Melbourne v Geelong at Blundstone Arena, 1.15pm AEST (FOX)
    Gold Coast v Melbourne at TBC, 3.10pm AEST (FOX)
    Collingwood v West Coast at the MCG, 4.15pm AEST (FOX)
    Essendon v Sydney Swans at the Gabba, 7.40pm AEST (SEVEN)

Sunday, August 1
    Hawthorn v Brisbane at UTAS Stadium, 2.10pm AEST (FOX)
    GWS Giants v Port Adelaide at TBC, 3.10pm AEST (FOX)
    Fremantle v Richmond at Optus Stadium, 3.10pm AWST (FOX)

Post Thanks / Like

90% of 5-8mm

Winds 20-40km
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    90% of 5-8mm

Winds 20-40km
    Why they bother scheduling games in Ballarat during the month of July, I'll never understand.

First month and last 2 weeks of the season only.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Why they bother scheduling games in Ballarat during the month of July, I'll never understand.

First month and last 2 weeks of the season only.
    If there’s no crowds, playing there makes us no more money. Can we request it to Marvel under the roof?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

So wait. Ballarat, with no crowds, in a hurricane?

Can we forfeit?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

If there’s no crowds, playing there makes us no more money. Can we request it to Marvel under the roof?
    I've read we get $300k from playing the game in Ballarat even without a crowd.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

10. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've read we get $300k from playing the game in Ballarat even without a crowd.
    Really? How’s that?

Post Thanks / Like

Really? How’s that?
    Via the sponsorship with Ballarat. My understanding is there is no crowd threshold or anything regarding payment. We get paid to promote the city of Ballarat and the game is effectively a 2.5 hour ad for the town.

13. Thanks bulldogtragic, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Via the sponsorship with Ballarat. My understanding is there is no crowd threshold or anything regarding payment. We get paid to promote the city of Ballarat and the game is effectively a 2.5 hour ad for the town.
    So they wouldn’t be thrilled trying to move it. Fair enough, we need the cash. But as you say, mid to late August makes all the sense in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

So they wouldn’t be thrilled trying to move it. Fair enough, we need the cash. But as you say, mid to late August makes all the sense in the world.
    From a fixturing $ perspective, we've probably come out of this year as good as anyone (the first game v Melbourne notwithstanding). Geelong have lost a ton without crowds, WC the same.

I think our books will look pretty good at the end of the season, especially if we can get crowds at our Essendon (slight chance) and Port games (good chance).

Post Thanks / Like

From a fixturing $ perspective, we've probably come out of this year as good as anyone (the first game v Melbourne notwithstanding). Geelong have lost a ton without crowds, WC the same.

I think our books will look pretty good at the end of the season, especially if we can get crowds at our Essendon (slight chance) and Port games (good chance).
    The Premiership Prize Money will be welcomed too.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, you'd think that would be the most important thing. I guess only thing really lost is the tourism part.

Post Thanks / Like

THE AFL has released the fixture for Round 21 of the 2021 Toyota AFL Premiership Season.

Round 21 updates (all times AEST):

- Western Bulldogs vs. Essendon will take place at Marvel Stadium at 7:50pm on Friday, August 6.

- Richmond vs. North Melbourne will take place at the MCG on Saturday, August 7 with the start time to be confirmed.

- Geelong Cats vs. GWS Giants will take place at GMHBA Stadium on Saturday, August 7 with the start time to be confirmed.

- Carlton vs. Gold Coast Suns will take place at Marvel Stadium on Saturday, August 7 with the start time to be confirmed.

- West Coast Eagles vs. Melbourne will take place at Optus Stadium at 7:40pm (5:40pm local) on Saturday, August 7.

- Adelaide Crows vs. Port Adelaide will take place at 7:40pm (7:10pm local) on Saturday, August 7 with the venue to be confirmed.

- Hawthorn vs. Collingwood will take place at University of Tasmania Stadium at 2:10pm on Sunday, August 8.

- St Kilda vs. Sydney Swans will take place at Marvel Stadium at 3:20pm on Sunday, August 8.

- Fremantle vs. Brisbane Lions will take place at Optus Stadium at 5:10pm (3:10pm local) on Sunday, August 8.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.