Thanks Thanks:  27
Likes Likes:  52
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Fixture

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2021 Fixture

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    So our whole club is going into strict isolation the whole week and are only allowed out to train at Whitten Oval.

This is because of demands from the SA government. Massive leg up for Port who are free to do whatever they want.

This season is done.
    I feel like we haven’t had the rub of the green at all with any of the Covid changes.

Still not sure how the game was in Tassie this week, especially when it meant we lost a KPD.

Do we have enough clout at the table? Our new President is conspicuous by her absence I feel...Gordo might’ve had more influence. I like KWW don’t get me wrong but when I see the Bombers playing a GC home game down here I wonder at times.
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 16-08-2021 at 04:54 PM.

2. Likes bulldogsthru&thru, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Do we have enough clout at the table?
    Last edited by EasternWest; 16-08-2021 at 04:44 PM.
    "It's over. It's all over."

4. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

6. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I was told prelim and Gf will be in Perth
    Well, we have likely played more games in Perth over the journey (by way of always getting stitched up with the double each year) so maybe we draw an advantage there?

We also posted two solid wins there this year, so maybe this is a blessing in disguise?

*Note: For purely selfish reasons they should be in Adelaide.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Well, we have likely played more games in Perth over the journey (by way of always getting stitched up with the double each year) so maybe we draw an advantage there?

We also posted two solid wins there this year, so maybe this is a blessing in disguise?

*Note: For purely selfish reasons they should be in Adelaide.
    Maybe Adelaide gets some of the lead up finals
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Adelaide gets some of the lead up finals
    You would think that we could be in line for any Port home games/finals where Port isn't involved as the "Home" team. Two in the first week and one in the second?

Maybe one of the Prelims could also be in Adelaide assuming borders remain free and flowing between SA and WA?

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like AFL will say highest seed will get to select from grounds that allow fans to attend. If we end up finishing 2nd and play Geelong, where would you pick?

I'd go with Mars if allowed., If not, next pick would be Metricon due to last year + us playing there/Cats not playing there this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Looks like AFL will say highest seed will get to select from grounds that allow fans to attend. If we end up finishing 2nd and play Geelong, where would you pick?

I'd go with Mars if allowed., If not, next pick would be Metricon due to last year + us playing there/Cats not playing there this year.
    Anywhere but Geelong

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed, good calls. There might even be a chance I could attend a Mars final.

Anywhere but Geelong
    Or Tassie.

Post Thanks / Like

I’d prefer Perth. We’ve won there twice and it’s likely that the prelim and GF will be played there.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Agreed, good calls. There might even be a chance I could attend a Mars final.

Or Tassie.
    I think we do need crowds and Ballarat is a great idea. Would be great for our country supporter base and I am sure we would fill the ground. Game would have to be during the day, hopefully a nice day.

16. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I’d prefer Perth. We’ve won there twice and it’s likely that the prelim and GF will be played there.
    Me too but I think it would need buy in from players and families to just stay there. Max travel + week of hard quarantine + leaving Perth + another week of hard quarantine.

Win or lose we are guaranteed the next 'home' game and can just stay in Perth. I think might be logistically impossible as we won't know if we are 2nd until late into Saturday evening. Means the game would have to be on a Sunday, no ideal.

Post Thanks / Like

How likely are crowds in regional Vic next week anyway? Would be cool to get Geelong in Ballarat, a ground they’ve never been within cooey of.

Makes winning this week so important because even if Geelong do beat the Dees, we’re guaranteed of getting Melbourne at a neutral venue.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    How likely are crowds in regional Vic next week anyway? Would be cool to get Geelong in Ballarat, a ground they’ve never been within cooey of.

Makes winning this week so important because even if Geelong do beat the Dees, we’re guaranteed of getting Melbourne at a neutral venue.
    Totally. We go from an EF to either a neutral final. Huge.

How likely is anything with AFL and deciding home venues at the best of times? Dan sounds pretty pro regional crowds as soon as possible. Ballarat might come down to something like signage needed for a final or something seemingly trivial like that. Of course there are crowds. I think TV/players/AFL more want a crowd vibe anyway, so not sure max numbers is the biggest selling point. Would be a smart move long term too giving Ballarat a game. Not always just about today.

Post Thanks / Like

Totally. We go from an EF to either a neutral final. Huge.

How likely is anything with AFL and deciding home venues at the best of times? Dan sounds pretty pro regional crowds as soon as possible. Ballarat might come down to something like signage needed for a final or something seemingly trivial like that. Of course there are crowds. I think TV/players/AFL more want a crowd vibe anyway, so not sure max numbers is the biggest selling point. Would be a smart move long term too giving Ballarat a game. Not always just about today.
    Well we had to endure a Prelim at GWS ground which only holds about 20k. If they wanted to maximise crowds, should have been at SCG