Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  64
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ‘It’s nice to know you’re wanted’: Josh Dunkley opens up after failed trade to Essendon

I found the formal use of the club nickname quite off putting. The "Bulldogs"....like we are just one of 18 to him now.
    Not sure how he got to this place, must've been brewing for a while, hopefully we can get the best out of him while hes still around. An anointed leader doing this still irks me somewhat but we played it well.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ‘It’s nice to know you’re wanted’: Josh Dunkley opens up after failed trade to Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    I’d like to see our captain interviewed in a long form interview to ask how he felt with his vice captain and supposed best mate wanting to leave - maybe someone like Gerard Whiteley who would give no favours.
    Sedat liks this.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

3. Likes SquirrelGrip, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I found the formal use of the club nickname quite off putting. The "Bulldogs"....like we are just one of 18 to him now.
    Not sure how he got to this place, must've been brewing for a while, hopefully we can get the best out of him while hes still around. An anointed leader doing this still irks me somewhat but we played it well.
    It makes it seem that he'd checked out and that he's going to have to mentally get back on board, doesn't it.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the leadership group. I don't really want him involved, but the players still might.

5. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Sedat liks this.
    It will be difficult for Whateley to conduct an interview with Bont when his tongue is permanently wedged in the backside of Dangerfield.

I liked the 'Whiteley' mis-spelling by SquirrelGrip. Not even Michael Clarke has used that one yet.
    Last edited by Sedat; 22-11-2020 at 11:55 PM.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

7. Likes jeemak, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re-reading the article I can see nothing wrong with what Dunks said. There was no indication he will be hawking himself around after the next season. He will be doing his very best. I am sure Bevo will be giving him more times in the guts too which will please him. Maybe an increase on his contract before it expires in 2022 will be the go. If success comes our way deep in the finals series heck who would want to leave. Quietly confident he will be a doggie for many years.

9. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A 3 year contract extension wasn’t enough recognition for Dunks?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

11. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I get it from Dunks. He signed that deal before he broke out in 2019, and probably feels underpaid.

I mean, its the exact same stuff that Jake Stringer tried to pull in 2016 (allegedly), which I’m sure is totally lost on Josh, but I understand it.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I get it from Dunks. He signed that deal before he broke out in 2019, and probably feels underpaid.

I mean, its the exact same stuff that Jake Stringer tried to pull in 2016 (allegedly), which I’m sure is totally lost on Josh, but I understand it.
    He should sack his manager then.

He signed that deal after playing plenty of time as a mid/forward hybrid. Doing his role for the team didn’t seem like such an issue for him then.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    He should sack his manager then.

He signed that deal after playing plenty of time as a mid/forward hybrid. Doing his role for the team didn’t seem like such an issue for him then.
    He should sack his manager anyway. Imagine paying a guy to negotiate a deal on your behalf that doesn’t and can’t really possibly get done.

Pickering strikes me as the type who’ll take any mfers money if they’re just giving it away.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Dunks: "I want to date other people"
    Dogs: "No. I refuse, you're mine"
    Dunks: "Okey dokey. It's nice to know I'm wanted"
    Police: "We have multiple warrants out on Mofra's uncles"
    My uncles: "It's nice to know I'm wanted"

I just hope Dunkley's comment isn't some sly back-hander to Treloar.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

16. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Police: "We have multiple warrants out on Mofra's uncles"
    My uncles: "It's nice to know I'm wanted"

I just hope Dunkley's comment isn't some sly back-hander to Treloar.
    Having read his blog I don't think he's capable of that sort of complexity in his thinking.

18. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did Dunkley wanting to leave make us chase Treloar ?
    If so he just made it harder to get into our midfield.
    Backfired you might say.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Thing is that other teams will know that Dunks is gettable. So whilst this year we just had Essendon bidding, I would expect North, the Hawks, maybe even the Cats to take a look. I can see teams looking at Dunks and saying that maybe a 1st round and a 2nd in 2021 gets it done, given he is one year less contracted.
    Happy for one of those clubs to take him so long as it is not Essendon. I don't think he will be around any longer than he needs to. A 1st and 2nd next year. I just think the damage has been done.

Post Thanks / Like

Dunkley is dead to me. Of course he doesn't want to be here but we made a stand and said you pricks aren't coming after our contracted guys. Think this was much bigger than Dunkley personally. I'm sure we fully expect to lose Dunkley next year and we have named the price. We needed to make a stand against opposition list managers coming hard at our elite players in the future. Glad Dunkley will be made to play through next year.

Two first rounders and he's yours scumbags.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

22. Likes bornadog, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Re-reading the article I can see nothing wrong with what Dunks said. There was no indication he will be hawking himself around after the next season. He will be doing his very best. I am sure Bevo will be giving him more times in the guts too which will please him. Maybe an increase on his contract before it expires in 2022 will be the go. If success comes our way deep in the finals series heck who would want to leave. Quietly confident he will be a doggie for many years.
    Yeah I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    He should sack his manager anyway. Imagine paying a guy to negotiate a deal on your behalf that doesn’t and can’t really possibly get done.

Pickering strikes me as the type who’ll take any mfers money if they’re just giving it away.
    Again I agree.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite